Profile for Wyn Ap Hefin > Reviews

Content by Wyn Ap Hefin

Wyn Ap Hefin "Dynamick" (Ynys Prydain :-))

Bluetooth USB 2.0 Dongle Adapter 100m PC Laptop
Bluetooth USB 2.0 Dongle Adapter 100m PC Laptop
Offered by Ultra Sales Global (7-23 Business Day Delivery Time)
Price: 4.59

1.0 out of 5 stars Software wont load, 14 Aug 2013
The disk provided wont load on my computer despite it saying it meets my specs... I've tried going online to download the software off there, but I seem to risk getting junk downloads from the company if I did - so I'm not keen to do that.

Personal circs delayed me from sending it back within the allowed time... plus it took WEEKS to arrive (came from Hong Kong)... so I'm not too happy with it right now... will try again when I have time but its not the convenient buy I expected - so I now feel that I should have gone down to the local shop and paid more!

Durable Desk Mat with Transparent Overlay W530xD400mm Black Ref 7202/01
Durable Desk Mat with Transparent Overlay W530xD400mm Black Ref 7202/01
Price: 15.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Product - wrong size listed, 14 Aug 2013
I love the quality of the product - it is good quality and looks durable and the quality is exactly as I expected, BUT... the size as listed in the product description is wrong.

The product heading says its 530x400mm which is correct - but I missed that, I saw the product detail which says its 600x400mm which would have been perfect for me.

I would send it back but the larger size would be too big for my desk so the 4-stars reflect the size isnt quite right for me... but its otherwise a good product!

Aqua Sphere Seal XPT Ladies  Goggles - Crystal Aqua/Clear Lens
Aqua Sphere Seal XPT Ladies Goggles - Crystal Aqua/Clear Lens
Price: 12.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, Excellent service, 1 Jan 2012
This review is from: Seal XPT Ladies Goggles (Sports)
Excellent product, well made, well priced and very quickly dispatched. Looks good unlike similar goggles that look a bit cumbersome. I bought it as a gift for my wife, who's never managed to get a pair of goggles to fit her properly - until these. She's happy, so am I!

Geiriau Bob Dydd - Children's Picture Dictionary of Welsh Everyday Words for Welsh-Speakers and Learners
by Roger Boore

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Book, 23 Dec 2011
Geiriau Bob Dydd: Children's Picture Dictionary of Welsh Everyday Words for Welsh-Speakers and Learners

This is a great book and help anyone who's learning Welsh to increase their vocab. Its intended for children, but I'm sure it could help adults as well. Most of it is monolingual Welsh, but the sections that an adult might not be able to decipher or understand, are bi-lingual.

This is a great book and it'll help anyone who's learning Welsh to increase their vocab. Its intended for children, but I'm sure it could help adults as well. Most of it is monolingual Welsh, but the sections that an adult might not be able to decipher or understand, are bi-lingual.

The Welsh language has lots of regional words used day to day, so books of this kind can be somewhat troublesome at times, but but this one is quite good - with more than one entry for some of the items named to reflect regional differences (although you'd have to know which word is right for you, because it doesn't explain which is which...)

There are some words in there that aren't what we would use here in North West Wales, and there may be such gaps for other regions for all I know, but the entries are accurate for 'book /correct' Welsh, which is nicely laid out with clear and colourful pictures. Despite being a fluent native speaker, I've learnt a couple of 'correct/book' words from this already, which I'll gladly add to my own vocab. list when teaching my toddler! :0)

Hand-Puppet Board Books: Let's Count!: A Hand-puppet Board Book
Hand-Puppet Board Books: Let's Count!: A Hand-puppet Board Book
by Jill McDonald
Edition: Board book
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Hand Puppet board books - Lets Count, 23 Dec 2011
This is lovely, well made and a great way to interact with your baby in the world of seemingly endless and annoying battery operated toys.

The book is limited, but its behind a fabric flap on the front of the palm, so is not necessary to use that to get good use of the puppet. I suspect the book will become detatched with regular use, but if that happens, the fabric flap will cover that nicely.

I didnt buy it off Amazon, but I wish I did, the high street prices(9) are nearly twice these prices I see here! Doh!

by R. R. Davies
Price: 23.40

5.0 out of 5 stars The Age of Conquest: Wales 1063-1415: Age of Conquest - Wales, 1063-1415 Vol 2 (History of Wales), 2 Sep 2011
Like so many people in Wales, I had a little bit of knowledge of this general subject from my secondary school history lessons (which, incidently, seemed dull and irrelevant to me at the time!)

I was essentially ignorant of our history in this troublesome period, and like so many Welsh people, my views of the period, were perhaps romanticised and idealistic. The subject didnt really appeal to me beyond what I thought I already knew; until I stumbled accross this book!

This is detailed, yet easy to read account of a turbulent, and complex period in our history. The depth and knowledge of the author as well as his most likeable character shines through in this outstanding piece of work. It is, without doubt, the best history book that I've read to date.

I shall be reading more of Professor Davies' books for sure, his writing style is so encaptivating, (pity I didnt have such an inpirational teacher in school!)

Now that my interest in this subject has been ignited by this book, I suspect I'll be reading a lot more on the subject! Thank you Professor Davies!

Panasonic Lumix FZ100 14.1MP Digital Camera - Black (3.0 inch TFT LCD Display, LEICA DC Lens with 24x Optical Zoom and Full HD Movie) (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!, 7 Oct 2010
As a professional photographer, I'm used to all sorts of cameras and formats, including plate, film and digital.

Contrary to popular belief, there is no such thing as 'the perfect' camera; one type will better than another depending on what feature you want... but if you want a quality bridge camera that's truly an all rounder with little or no bulk, and is as close to perfect as is currently available, then I'd say this is one of the best!

Granted, it's not perfect in every way, but don't let that put you off! If you want a bridge camera that has it all - literally, then I think this is the best on the market at this time. In some respects it's not as good as, say, my Nikon D300 SLR (which I think is brilliant), but its close! Thing is, this has so many more features that my D300 and all its lenses, is tiny by comparison, and costs an awful lot less!

Ignore the nonsense that some of the other contributors have mentioned about halos, and poor images above a certain ISO etc... Those comments suggest to me that these people don't understand how a camera works, or how `zoom' lenses work, or how to properly calculate exposure. The only way I could recreate the sort of poor performances that others report here, was if I set the camera to unachievable exposure settings.

The quality of images above a certain ISO setting has been commented upon a fair bit by others on here... In response to them, all I'd ask is, do they really understand what an ISO setting is?! In the days before digital, most people wouldn't have ever used Film speeds above 200 ASA rating - so bearing in mind that `ISO' is synonymous with film ASA ratings - then its inevitable that the higher ISO will lead to a reduced image quality, just like you would have done with film - the laws of physics cannot be changed!

Why use such a high ISO setting in any case?! A knowledgeable photographer would stick with a specific ISO for the job in hand, and achieve the correct exposure by using either flash, and / or a tripod. Raising the ISO is one way of achieving `correct' exposure for hand held photography - but with the inevitable loss of quality; that's an expected trade off for not using flash or a tripod, which is limited and driven by the laws of physics, and is true of any camera!

So, for those here who are critical of this camera for the ISO results... Do yourselves a favour and learn and understand the laws of photography and exposure before passing such spurious comments! Granted, the automatic settings on this camera will change the ISO settings for you rather than suggest you should use flash or a tripod, but that is something you can over-ride once you've familiarised yourself with all the settings, and know a little bit about photography.

In my opinion, this is a cracking little (and I mean - little) beauty, that can produce images as good as any other `35mm' SLR or DSLR camera I've ever used, and is as good as any HD Camcorder I've had as well. The lens is awesome; this camera punches well above its weight, and all for under 350 if you shop around!

So, for all these reasons, as a bridge camera, I cannot recommend it highly enough!
Comment Comments (55) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 25, 2012 3:33 PM BST