Profile for G.A.D-L > Reviews

Content by G.A.D-L

G.A.D-L "Anna Day-Lewis" (Colyton, Devon, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
I Shall Not Hate: A Gaza Doctor's Journey on the Road to Peace and Human Dignity
by Izzeldin Abuelaish

5.0 out of 5 stars A book that shows a light in the darkness of conflict., 23 Mar 2014
An amazing book of forgiveness - showing us how to avoid endlessly building hatred in a world where intolerance makes us dig our heels in and prevent healing.

Music in the Castle of Heaven: A Portrait of Johann Sebastian Bach
Music in the Castle of Heaven: A Portrait of Johann Sebastian Bach
by John Eliot Gardiner

5.0 out of 5 stars THE perfect gift for a Bach fan., 2 Jan 2014
This wonderful book by John Eliot Gardiner holds a huge wealth of knowledge about the work of the magnificent Bach and will be used alongside recordings of all the cantatas made by Eliot Gardiner during the pilgrimage.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 2 Jan 2014
Lots and lots of sensible socks for a small boy - enough to lose a few and enough to mean he can usually find a matching pair.

City Cycling Europe
City Cycling Europe
by Andrew Edwards

4.0 out of 5 stars A great gift for a serious cyclist., 2 Jan 2014
This review is from: City Cycling Europe (Hardcover)
This neatly packaged set of books was received with delight by my second grandson - and he assures me it will be very useful. He works for the green cycling Sustrans and said it was an ideal present.

Cat 2014 Gallery Calendar
Cat 2014 Gallery Calendar
by Workman Publishing
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Another year's supply of splendid cat pictures., 8 Nov 2013
I can't report on the calendar itself as we never open it until each day turns up. From previous experience, this calendar gives us great pleasure as we are not longer able to have a real live cat.

K Two Retro Style Couples 2014 Calendar
K Two Retro Style Couples 2014 Calendar

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting calendar, 27 Oct 2013
This arrived, like all my Amazon orders, very swiftly and the calendar looks fine. We have yet to use it but we like the pockets on each month for tickets and the side column for birthdays. I won't have the excuse that I forgot whenever I'm late with a card - though I guess I will still be late.

Power in the Blood
Power in the Blood

4.0 out of 5 stars Power in the Kindle, 8 Sep 2013
This gripping tale casts a sceptical eye on religious zealots so sure that their way is the ONLY way. The humane undecided - caught up misguidedly or accidentally in the undercover attempts by both to sabotage or eliminate the other - find themselves fleeing across African deserts and mountains in prolonged, hair raising chases. The novel attempts to shed light on the backgrounds which feed the fury and brings in the unhappy and implacable politics underlying trouble in North Africa and the Middle East.

It took a time to present a likable character with whom the reader can become engaged but Power in the Blood is a challenging and thought provoking read.

Thesaurus of English Words and Phrases
Thesaurus of English Words and Phrases
by Peter Mark Roget

5.0 out of 5 stars Betty Kirkpatrick's brilliant edition of Roget - and in hardback too.., 25 July 2013
This arrived as promised, it's in excellent condition and as ancient crossworder, I find it invaluable. It should see me out.

Amazon.co.uk Gift Card - £30 (Amazon Boxes)
Amazon.co.uk Gift Card - £30 (Amazon Boxes)

3.0 out of 5 stars Gift Card problems, 16 Feb 2013
The card was fine, included the message, but failed to arrive on time. Knowing that all my Prime Purchases turn up when they say, I timed my order to arrive a day early or on a birthday. This was the first time it went astray .... not permanently but when tracked, I found it had gone to Scotland, not Manchester, then to Birmingham not Manchester. But - hoorah - it did finally get to the right destination albeit a few days after the day itself.

Sunnex Catering Aluminium Teapot 8 Pints/4.5 Litres
Sunnex Catering Aluminium Teapot 8 Pints/4.5 Litres

5.0 out of 5 stars Splendid teapot, 15 Feb 2013
Although it is incredibly light this large teapot is excellent. The handle at the front makes pouring from it when it is full comfortable and secure.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4