Profile for Titch > Reviews

Titch

City of Secrets
City of Secrets
by Christine Jordan

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely to read about buildings and streets that people will ..., 31 Mar. 2015
This review is from: City of Secrets (Paperback)
Lovely to read about buildings and streets that people will be familiar with in the historic city of Gloucester, albeit with a 500 year time gap. The story of a young woman constrained by a male dominated, superstitious and religious society, and how sensible forethought and herbal remedies were construed as conspiracy with the devil. Once accused you stood little chance of justice in the fifteenth century.

Finding the Plot: 100 Graves to Visit Before You Die
Finding the Plot: 100 Graves to Visit Before You Die

4.0 out of 5 stars A great read to help you rest in peace, 5 April 2014
I'm loving this book with its historical snippets and descriptive portrayals of the plots concerned. Have found the website findagave.com a fantastic companion to the book, to see in person the monuments. For instance the grave of Thomas Crapper which has recently been restored by his company which is still going today. It certainly looks like gleaming porcelain sanitaryware amongst the other lichen covered graves. Some melancholy but other uplifting tales, I would certainly recommend to people who love a book to dip into for 5 minutes here and there.

Puregadgets© 2 X Pink Microfibre Towel Sports Bath Gym Quick Dry Travel Swimming Camping Beach Drying 60 X 120 cm
Offered by Electro World

5.0 out of 5 stars Just right, 5 April 2014
Was looking for a microfibre towel for hand luggage / day tripping ruck sack to take with us on day trips with kids. So many parks have water attractions nowadays these are a must. Strong colours & have washed well on their first wash. deeper pile than another bought from elsewhere previously. Very pleased :o)

Adderwald (The Anagenesis Series Book 1)
Adderwald (The Anagenesis Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved this snippet, 5 April 2014
It took quite a few pages to get into the 'Fat' books, I really didn't associate with them to begin with, but then I got it! Embrace the red necks, don't scorn them! They rock! Then I read the Adderwald snippet and loved that too. I keep checking back for more, but as yet to no avail :o(

COA NON-PULL HARNESS BLACK Large
COA NON-PULL HARNESS BLACK Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Really helps!, 7 Dec. 2013
We previously had a Pets at Home harness but after the stitching went on two in quick succession I looked around for an alternative and found this.We have a lurcher who is always pulling because he can smell interesting smells. We bought this thinking it might help with his pulling and it really does help. Sometimes the lead is taut but he hardly ever pulls now like he used to. It doesn't even seem to be tight on him but still works. For the price I would recommend you to give it a go!

Personalised Panda Pencil / Make Up Case
Personalised Panda Pencil / Make Up Case
Offered by Baby-smiles

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased :o), 7 Dec. 2013
My daughter loves pandas, so we bought this for her for Christmas. It arrived promptly with the name on as requested. Very pleased with it.

Little Tikes Anchors Away Pirate Ship Water Play
Little Tikes Anchors Away Pirate Ship Water Play

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed with customer service, 16 May 2011
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
At the end of March 2011 we assembled all of the bits (of which there were plenty), filled with water, and had a grand unveiling to our 2 year old son! He decided to press down on the squirty water cannon, which promptly sunk through the holder and broke. We called Little Tikes customer services who took our details and pledged to send through spare parts - delivery of which they anticipated from the USA for the middle of April. At the start of May I called to progress and was told they had not been received from the USA and that they had not been given further lead times. I asked if we returned to Toys r Us if they would accept (however, this would be a giant task to dissasemble and put back in the box). Little Tikes told us that as it was under warranty that TRU would may agree to, however there was no stock of this product in the UK, due to the lack of support from Little Tikes USA, and that they may not agree to an exchange. Therefore we are stuck with an expensive toy which broke on it's first use by a 2 year old. I would suggest it's not as robust as they make out. I asked the lady at Little Tikes for an email address to address a comment to regarding it's robustness, and she was most dismissive and gave me a false email address!!! Shocking!!!

Urtekram Organic Rose Shampoo Normal Hair 250ml
Urtekram Organic Rose Shampoo Normal Hair 250ml
Offered by Beauty Outlet

5.0 out of 5 stars Super for sensitive scalps, 5 Feb. 2011
I was suffering from a very dry scalp - possibly psoriasis / dermatitis / eczema, and had been using T-Gel and Nizoral. These shampoos seemed to help with the build-up of skin cells on my scalp, however my scalp was still very irritated and dry. I started using this Urtekram shampoo as the ingredient list is very simple (no alcohol, perfumes and importantly no SLS's or combinations of any kind relating to s, l or s!).

Immediately I found my scalp was less irritated and dry, and reduced further over the next week. I have stopped using the Nizoral and T-Gel now and just use this shampoo, and my scalp condition at the moment seems under control.

This shampoo produces a gentle lather, unlike other SLS-free shampoos which I have used in the past, which just refuse to later at all - My hair is coloured and I do need to use a conditioner afterwards too, as the shampoo would just leave it in tangles, but hey, I would have to with most shampoos!

If you are sensitive to lots of different ingredients and are looking for a shampoo that won't irritate you, I don't think you could go far wrong with trying this product.