Profile for Duffins > Reviews

Duffins

Stanley Hex Key Set 10Pc 1.5-10Mm    0 69 253
Stanley Hex Key Set 10Pc 1.5-10Mm 0 69 253

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, sturdy and perfect for those DIY jobs, 1 July 2013
I bought this set of Allen keys for the 1.5mm key specifically as I needed it to adjust my guitar. It worked perfectly, and came with the added bonus of me being able to assemble a new desk I bought!

The red holder is very handy and displays the size of each key so you'll never be confused. If you need a set of Allen keys, you cannot go wrong with these.

Braun Oral-B Professional Care 1000 One-Mode Rechargeable Toothbrush (Packaging Varies)
Offered by Premier Products

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for those wanting pearly whites, 1 July 2013
I'll keep this short and sweet. I used to brush my sporadically and this lead to a less than desirable smile. While this brush hasn't magically made my tooth beautifully white, it has for some reason made me brush my teeth twice a day for the past month or so.

After brushing my teeth with this brush, my teeth feel polished and clean like I had just came from the dentist, and I no longer have any funny tastes in my mouth when I wake up in the morning. It may sound a bit funky, but it's true.

The brush jitters every 30 seconds to remind you to brush the next quadrant in your mouth, a handy feature that allows you to brush for the dentist recommended 2 minutes a go.

Let me just say that after two days with the brush, I fell in love and bought another for a family member of mine, so don't think this is a superficial review, after a while of using this brush your tooth hygiene will be better than ever!

WARNING. This brush does not come with a UK 3 pin plug, only a shaving plug (the two pinned one). I purchased an adaptor on Amazon for a quid or so and it works perfectly.

VividShield LG Google Nexus 4 Invisible HD Clear Screen Protector - 3 Pack Screen Guard / Shield (Displayschutzfolie, Protecteurs D'écran, Pellicola Protettiva)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for those of a clumsy nature!, 1 July 2013
Got this pack of screen protectors for my good ol' Nexus as at the time, they were the only reasonable priced set of protectors with the necessary cut outs for both camera and proximity sensor.

Let me state now, these are the same as any old screen protectors, the only benefit are the cut outs. Considering I bought these earlier in the year, that might not be the case any more, but I can still vouch for them. They've stood up tall to all the beatings I've given them, and with the amount I drop my phone, I'm still only on the first one which is a miracle!

Cable-Core 3.5mm Stereo Jack Male to 6.35mm Male cable lead 5m
Cable-Core 3.5mm Stereo Jack Male to 6.35mm Male cable lead 5m
Offered by PCArena

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for guitar to PC, 1 July 2013
I was looking for a way to connect my Bass guitar to my PC so I can mess around with effects and recording, and this cable done the job perfectly. Great length and works how it should. Perfect for the price.

As a side note to anyone looking to do the same, hooking the guitar straight into the PC's microphone input produced sound that was very quiet. I'd recommend routing from your amp's headphone out to the mic input, trust me it's nowhere near quiet that way!

Sony MDRXB500 Extra Bass Headphones with Large 40mm Driver Unit (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfort? Check. Bass? CHECK., 1 July 2013
What I use these for: Gaming, Rock and Pop music, general computer use.

The Good: Comfort. I happily wear these headphones for up to 12 hours at a time and the big, cushiony pads feel like pillows on my head. Can get a little sweaty but I've never owned a set of headphones that are so forgiving. You also have a lovely foamy bit that sits on your head, and size adjustment is no bother. I have a massive head and they fit perfect, in contrast I've seen people with miniature heads use them with just as much grace and comfort.
Sound. The bass on these headphones, after 6 months of heavy use, is still as boomy as ever. Sure these aren't audiophile quality, but no one's pretending they are, and for the price you couldn't ask for more. Vocals may lose out a bit to lower frequency sounds, but for 90% of users you'll be more than happy with the sound.

The Bad: Sound bleed. These headphones leak sound. I mean really leak sound. Though it does seem to depend on what you're actually listening to which is confusing, I can at times hear what other people are listening to as clearly as they can!
Design. These aren't the prettiest things to look at, and the Princess Leia-esque pads don't help, but face it, if you want design you usually have to sacrifice on audio quality or expect to pay ridiculous prices. Sound over design every time for me.

Overall, if you're looking for a set of well priced headphones, you can't go wrong with the Sony XB500s. Just to clarify, I'm docking one star solely for the sound bleed, not sure if it was just my unit but it was bad enough to annoy people trying to watch TV in the room!

JVC HAFX1X Xtreme Xplosives In Ear Canal Headphones
JVC HAFX1X Xtreme Xplosives In Ear Canal Headphones
Offered by MyMemory

5.0 out of 5 stars For the price, BUY THESE NOW!, 1 July 2013
So at the time of writing these headphones have 1623 reviews. So why should my review matter? Well whenever I buy an item, whether it be speakers, headphones or a computer monitor, I spend at least a month comparing, contrasting and being ridiculously picky about what item is the best for my money. Generally I buy higher priced items, and to be honest I was willing to spend up to £150 on a good set of in-ear headphones. Yet I went with these, why?

Simply put, for around £10 you cannot, CANNOT get better headphones. Sure the mids suffer a bit and the bass loses fidelity after a little while, but guys, come on, TEN POUNDS. They're brilliant, whether it be for Rock, Pop or Hip Hop, they simply sound great. I've tried £50 headphones that equal the quality of these JVCs. Trust me, I've bought another 2 sets of these for friends and family, and will happily buy another pair when these ones die! You cannot go wrong with these.

Corsair CA-SP211UK SP2500 Gaming 2.1 Speaker System
Corsair CA-SP211UK SP2500 Gaming 2.1 Speaker System
Offered by Pudsey Computers

5.0 out of 5 stars If you favour your ears, get these!, 30 Jun 2013
The Corsair SP2500s are the best speakers you can buy for the money. Now I could leave the review there but that wouldn't be very helpful, so I'll gladly continue.

I looked long and hard for a speaker set that could top an old set of Sony 5.1s I own. Don't take the word "old" as a negative, these speakers were amazing. Beautiful, punchy bass complimented by clarity of both high and mid frequency that was to die for. I'm no audiophile but I know what I like, and upon hearing the Corsair SP2500s, I knew I was in love.

Let me say that for lower volume listening you should look away from these speakers, they're meant to be played loud. At lower volumes the frequencies meld into each other a little too much and they sound bog-standard, yet when you crank the volume wheel up a little they sing. I've personally found best use for these speakers to be for music. Whether it be D&B, Rock, Hip Hop or Pop these speakers make vocals and guitar solos stand out like never before, and make any form of bass punch you very directly in the nether regions. For games, in all honesty, they did not amaze me, they're great yes but I believe I was spoiled by my old Sonys.

I won't restate everything that has been stated before but I'll cover the basics. The remote is a very nice touch and the screen works perfectly. The only "Programmes" and EQs I use are Dynamic Pop, a must if you're listening to anything with bass, and Headphones which like it sounds, boosts audio quality in what could be lower tier headsets. Apart from that I haven't paid much attention, Late Night could be handy (which moves up lower end sound to the speakers themselves), but I prefer to just lower the bass.

Bottom line is this, in mid 2013 these speakers are still the best on the market for the price, you really cannot go wrong with the Corsair SP2500s. If you're like me and spend months comparing items, I can happily say go for these. The audio will give you the smack of sense you need when you let these bad boys sing.