Profile for Mr. R. Miller > Reviews

Mr. R. Miller

Fade
Fade

5.0 out of 5 stars Fade is really good., 16 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Fade (Audio CD)
I'll get straight to "The Point Of It" - Fade has all the mesmerizing beauty your looking for from Yo La Tengo. The genius in Fade is its unassuming plurality. Yo La Tengo administer another gracefully introspective moment of melodic beauty, laced with soul medicine. Essentially any clever use of language doesn't really capture it's rapture. Just get this album, it'll give you more comfort than your favourite pillow, but remain a mystery for a long time to come.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Win Forever - with this epic t-shirt., 23 Aug. 2011
Bless the wolves and the spirit of the Moon. This t-shirt is wolf sent and fits so well I am now immune to all diseases. I have a list of people to apologize to - since buying and wearing this t-shirt I have made some waves in global society for which I am now well placed to take responsibility.

I am sorry to all my perspective girlfriends and handsome men, you are no longer in my league. I am sorry boss, for taking your job. I am sorry CERN, I discovered the Higgs Boson particle, it was cuddled up in my matt of manly chest hair. I am sorry to everyone who bought a rollover euro millions ticket - there can be only one winner. I am sorry to everyone who has ever played a board game, I won every game in history. I am sorry to all of the superpower nations in the world - you are no longer wealthy (by comparison). I wouldn't go as far as to say I have achieved God like results, because my way of the wolf forbids obnoxious boasting.

The facts speak for themselves however - I have grown a foot taller (I am now officially taller than you), I shave with a flymo, and my burps scare every household pet within a 50 mile radius.

If you to wish to swagger your way through life with the ironclad confidence of an immortal wolfman interbred with Charlie Sheen, simply click buy now, proceed to checkout then win, forever.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 30, 2012 8:09 PM BST

Christmass
Christmass

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, this is good., 6 Feb. 2007
This review is from: Christmass (Audio CD)
Prolific song writing legend Frank Black strikes again with another exciting addition for your collection. Christmass offers up a dizzying blend of new material mixed in with an impressive range of his own classics. The new songs such as "Do what you want (Gyaneshwar)" and "Don't get me wrong" feel very fresh. After hearing it once or twice, expect to enjoy whistling and humming these songs straight from memory, as they are pleasantly catchy. The selection of classics is another appealing feature of this compilation/album which has pixies greats such as "Wave of Mutilation" and "Where is my mind?". It also has a generous dose of his solo efforts and Catholics songs. I was overjoyed to look over the track list to see songs such as "Bullet", "Raiderman" and "Massif Central" I couldn't help but think "that's genius Frank!" This album will certainly appeal to fans, it has a familiarity, a trip down memory lane feel about it which is well rounded and enjoyable. Hearing just vocals and guitar in many of the tracks brings out another level to the songwriting, and you get to relive the experience of hearing these songs for the first time. Enjoy getting lost in the sound. With so much to offer, die hard fan or curious newcomer.

And then there's a DVD underneath. A live performance in Sacramento in 2006 which draws you into the show. The DVD also has a great mix of songs ("Two reelers", "Brackish Boy", "Ed is dead") on it and compliments the CD well adding another level of depth to this production. It's great to sit back and watch a live show on your own chair. There's just the right amount and selection of content in this small plastic box. Not knowing why it's called Christmass, or why the album cover art is the way it is, or why the songs are played the way they are is great. It doesn't need to make any sense when it just simply works.