Profile for mrseisen > Reviews

mrseisen

King of Maths
King of Maths

3.0 out of 5 stars like being back at school, 2 May 2014
This review is from: King of Maths (App)
this game is good...up to a certain point - when i can't get past a chapter because i never learned about it at school (i'm talking about one of the geometry chapters)

i like how there's achievements to earn and it really gets the brain working because you have to go over the levels again to do them really fast and get more stars

Stand O'Food®
Stand O'Food®

5.0 out of 5 stars addictive, 2 May 2014
This review is from: Stand O'Food® (App)
this game is a great way to waste time, but it's easily addictive so you'll need to have a lot of spare time to waste!

Tumblr
Tumblr

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this app, 17 Aug 2013
This review is from: Tumblr (App)
I love going on tumblr and the kindle app is great. It even shows you your dash from the last time you were on when you're off WiFi.

Hello Kitty Cafe
Hello Kitty Cafe

4.0 out of 5 stars i love this game, 3 Dec 2012
This review is from: Hello Kitty Cafe (App)
i love hello kitty and immediately tried this game when playing on the kindle fire in waterstones. i would say this game is for slightly older children (although i'm 23) as some of it is complicated and it does get quite stressful. but overall it's a great game and totally addictive.

Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades of Grey
by E L James

3.0 out of 5 stars a little bit meh-dictive, 31 July 2012
This review is from: Fifty Shades of Grey (Paperback)
I finally took the plunge and read this after quite a few weeks of saying 'nah, i've heard it's ****'.

I agree with some of the points the negative reviews are saying. Ana is kind of like 1960's Robin 'Holy crap!', she's an English girl trapped in an American character (who in America listens to Amy Studt? who in England can remember Amy Studt?) The writing is repetitive, the author finds a word she likes and uses it a million times (medulla oblongata? beguiling? foil?) which is really annoying.

Being a 90's kid I used to watch Lizzie Maguire, with the little animated Lizzie. That's how I pictured the inner goddess and subconsious. I guess they won't put these bits into the film, but it's what makes her seem human.

I read through the book wanting to skip through the sex parts because I just wanted her to go shopping with him, meet his parents, graduate etc and the sex just got in the way.

To take a comment from a work colleague 'I just don't get it, people must live very sheltered lives if they find this exciting'.

Hold on while I clench my thighs...

The Heroin Diaries: A Year in the Life of a Shattered Rock Star
The Heroin Diaries: A Year in the Life of a Shattered Rock Star

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome reading, 2 Feb 2012
I'm not a fan of Motley Crue, but I decided to give this book a go. I was not disappointed. The book is a diary written from Dec 86 to Dec 87 and is interspersed with people talking about events written in the diary from todays (2006) perspective. Contributors range from Motley members to Slash, from management to family members.

The book is obviously a must for Motley Crue and 80's rock fans. But even if you're not into all that, it's a really fascinating insight into the life of a drug addict.

I would recommend this book to anybody.

The Checkout Girl
The Checkout Girl

5.0 out of 5 stars A really good book, 6 Jan 2012
This review is from: The Checkout Girl (Kindle Edition)
This is a really good book, easy to read (I always find diary formats easier to read) and really entertaining.

I've never worked in a supermarket and I don't think it's necessary to have done so. You can easily relate to the different scenarios as you will have witnessed them whilst walking round a supmarket (even if you don't shop at Sainsbury's).

I would definately recommend this book to anyone.

A Christmas Carol
A Christmas Carol

5.0 out of 5 stars Still entertaining..., 3 Jan 2012
This review is from: A Christmas Carol (Kindle Edition)
Even though I've seen so many different film versions of this book (Muppets Christmas Carol, the Alistair Simm one, etc) it's still entertaining to read because although you know the story inside out there's still the little bits they've missed out for running times, etc.

The book is one of the free ones available for Kindle and you can't argue with that.

What Katy Did
What Katy Did

3.0 out of 5 stars What exactly did Katy do?, 3 Jan 2012
This review is from: What Katy Did (Kindle Edition)
I read this book as my mum talked about it often as she read it when she was little.

I'm getting the impression she was looking at it with rose tinted glasses as I don't really get what was happening. Without trying to spoil it, the book opens with two grasshoppers(?) gossipping about what Katy did. But when I finished the book I was non the wiser about what they could be gossipping about as nothing gossip-worthy happened.

The book was good in parts and I challenge anyone not to be completely in love with Elsie and feel for her when Katy 'has a go'.

The book has two down points: Katy is really horrible and only becomes nice because of an ulterior motive so it's hard to feel anything for her other than contempt, and she's the main character. Two of the characters are really badly named - Johnnie (a girl) and Dorry (a boy), slightly confusing.

All in all this is a book that I've read and gained nothing - nor lost anything - from reading it.

Why Me?: The Very Important Emails of Bob Servant (Bob Servant 3)
Why Me?: The Very Important Emails of Bob Servant (Bob Servant 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars The funniest book in the world, 3 Jan 2012
I downloaded this book after reading the sample. It's one of the best things I've ever read.

The book is easy to read, you can read it cover-to-cover (as I did) or just dip into each chapter as they don't really follow on from one another.

I haven't read the first two Bob Servant books and did not find this an issue with relating to characters etc.

I would recommend this book to anyone. After reading one chapter (Tommy's First Skirt) my boyfriend downloaded the book and he agrees it's one of the funniest books ever written.

My only downside with the Kindle edition is that the footnotes with each chapter are at the end and so you either have to do a lot of clicking and page turning or remember what was happening at the time and read them at the end. However, this does not detract from the enjoyment and I will still give the book 5 stars.