Profile for panjee > Reviews

Content by panjee

Burn The Maps
Burn The Maps

5.0 out of 5 stars This is amazing!!!!, 25 Feb. 2005
This review is from: Burn The Maps (Audio CD)
I am not usually one to write many reviews on here but feel dutybound to shout from the rooftops about how good this album is. I consider myself to have a huge knowledge of music of all types and but had only vaguely heard the name of this band, and have not seen any reviews for this. I saw this CD on a listening post in a record shop and out of curiosity due to the record label they are on listened to it. Its amazing, how I have not seen a whole batch of reviews lauding these guys as stars I do not know. I cannot really think of any comparisons but the best I could come up with was Coldplay but with tinges of sound experimentation "a la" Radiohead. Knowing how much the press love those two it makes you wonder that no-one much has picked up on this. It is however not the best comparison to be honest but best I can do for a band who have truly made an original sound of their own.
Its the kind of album you will listen to over and over again hearing new sounds and effects and will never get bored of cos so much is going on. Please buy it and line the pockets of a band that deserve your cash, then hopefully they will make another album of this quality.
Cheers for reding my gushing praise
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 19, 2013 10:34 PM BST