Profile for C. Edwards > Reviews

Sureflap Microchip Cat Flap
Sureflap Microchip Cat Flap
Offered by Online Pet Doors

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product Great service, 12 Aug 2014
I have three of these cat flaps. My cat is a nervous one and there are a lot of cats in the area I have moved to. There are frequent scuffles with the cat next door often getting a claw to her. There are also frequent border skirmishes with several cats forever on the alert to unguarded doors and windows with an eye to the prize of other cat's food bowls and unexplored territory.
These cat flaps allow her the freedom to come and go as she pleases, she never fails to get in in time to get away from 'the evil' cat and she has a space where she can relax safe in the knowledge that no one else can follow her in.
The cat flaps are up to five years old and are pretty sturdy and function well. We have had one or two problems over the years
1. the flap failed to lock on the original one frequently, at first we thought the batteries were failing but when we contacted the company they said the particular model we had purchased had been adapted to be quitter and withdrawn due to the fault. They sent us a part to pop in and it has been perfect since.
2 The cat flap we put in the caravan became temperamental. we contacted the company who could not ascertain the problem over the phone so they sent a test kit. the problem resolved before the kit arrived.
3, very recently the house flap for some reason has begun to allow any old moggy in and she has been "cat burgled" on a nightly basis for several nights (it took us a while to realise she hadn't suddenly become the hungriest cat in the world). Sureflap sent us out a replacement cat flap within two working days.
I think we have had excellent service from them and I couldn't recommend them enough

Bosch AHS 50-16 Electric Hedgecutter (50 cm Blade, 16 mm Tooth Capacity)
Bosch AHS 50-16 Electric Hedgecutter (50 cm Blade, 16 mm Tooth Capacity)

5.0 out of 5 stars Speedy and easy, 31 July 2014
Fast little thing.
I have borrowed a hedge trimmer (unknown brand) with a li ion battery which I found pretty useless when tackling a very overgrown hedge in my new garden. This put me off electric hedge trimmers, however the voracity of the shrubs tempted me back.
Thank goodness.
It took me less time to go to the shop,cut the hedge and clean up afterwards than it usually took to cut the hedge by hand.
The machinery seemed strong, well made and well up to the job. It cut through new growth like butter and old like butter straight from the fridge.
I wasn't sure what size to go for, I think I chose well as they cut through some sturdy old branches and coped with bigger than I had imagined. You might need bigger if you regularly cut through very old growth but otherwise I think these are perfect. Good length of cord that looks fit for purpose

Cop Town
Cop Town

5.0 out of 5 stars As Fantastic as Ever, 31 July 2014
This review is from: Cop Town (Kindle Edition)
After some trepidation over a change of era, a lack of my favourite characters and a slightly negative review I saw here i have to say its just as good as her writing always is. I am gripped and I was soon gritting my teeth in annoyance at one character at least (this is some of the joy of a slaughter novel), she manages to get shades in her characters meaning that instead of good guys and bad guys there are people who frustrate and anger you but also make you wish and hope for them.

New to Karin Slaughter? Don't worry this book is not part of the series so no need to hook back and start from the beginning you can start here.
There are bound to be uncomfortable moments and perspectives portrayed in this book, being the deep south in the 70's. In UK I have seen many TV series recently using this as an excuse to be 'non pc' not here, we have a real good look at what those times meant to the people (like me) who lived in them.
I wonder if it was Amanda and Evelyn's back story in a previous book that set Karin on this enterprise, or perhaps her seemingly intuitive understanding of when the time is right to switch things up, much as I miss the regulars I have been down the road with other authors where a cracking tale with regular characters suddenly becomes a seemingly interminable rehashing of character traits NOT KARIN. So while a few fans of Will (who couldn't be one?) are bound to feel disappointment at the departure I for one am happy to go on a new journey.
Any way I'm so hooked on this bunch I hope it's not a stand alone but the beginning of a new series. Please

Panasonic RP-HJE120E-K Ergo Fit Ear Canal Headphones - Black
Panasonic RP-HJE120E-K Ergo Fit Ear Canal Headphones - Black
Offered by PADNOTE

4.0 out of 5 stars they are 'non central' ear buds just what i was hoping to avoid, 21 Mar 2014
Sound is pretty good and clear, i have no problem with that it is clear and well spread across the spectrum with no distortion, for the price.

wires are sturdy and flexible.

there are three earbud sizes

I find them uncomfortable. I wear them in bed and they hurt. This is why i wanted 'in line' buds. By this i mean the part that goes in the ear is at one edge of the hard plastic bit rather than in the middle. The pictures here dont show that.
good value for money overall

UK MAIN HOOK UP ADAPTOR
UK MAIN HOOK UP ADAPTOR
Offered by MP 1st Class Supplies

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 17 Mar 2014
This review is from: UK MAIN HOOK UP ADAPTOR (Misc.)
This enables me to plug my caravan in to the household socket in the garage without adapting the socket.
Materials are good. It does the job. The flex is suitably short. Perfect for the job and cheap enough

Sloggi Myday Short Underwear - Black
Sloggi Myday Short Underwear - Black
Offered by Base

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfy, 16 Mar 2014
I have allergies to non cotton knickers particularly the elastic. These don't have exposed elastic which is excellent.
The are comfy, cool and wash well.

My only gripe is that the softer cotton versions (organic) were better for the skin and try are sadly no. Longer available.
These cause a hint of irritation on my extremely sensitive skin, I'm sure most people will find them excellent.
Note I can't wear jeans with elastin in them or other such materials.

If You Wait: Deluxe
If You Wait: Deluxe
Offered by Audio Buddy

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't stop listening to it., 16 Mar 2014
This review is from: If You Wait: Deluxe (Audio CD)
I won't attempt to describe the album, plenty have done before. Just want to add my voice to the throng of justified praise.
A sweet and yet soulfully voice with haunting and restrained piano and guitar.
Fabulous

Barbara [DVD]
Barbara [DVD]
Dvd ~ Nina Hoss

4.0 out of 5 stars A good film spoiled by false expectations raised by money hungry distributors, 6 Mar 2014
This review is from: Barbara [DVD] (DVD)
The poorer reviews here often refer to the film in comparison to "The Lives of Others", unsurprising given the front cover declaims it is a must see for people who loved that film. The two films are both set in East Germany during the 'cold war' period. Otherwise I can see nothing in common.

I benefited from watching it without the hype as I came across it 'in it's own right as it were.

'The Lives of Others' has a thrilling appeal and was as I remember fast paced, darkly atmospheric and engrossing. Barbara is a slow paced story, the type of film that tells its story quite visually with limited dialogue. It has an oddly light atmosphere and it possibly gives a more realistic perspective of living in those conditions as an ordinary person rather than heroic figure. It focuses on a woman who wants to leave and her experience of being 'watched', giving a picture of humdrum annoyance and eroded soul or person-hood rather than high drama.
I would recommend this film to people who enjoy thoughtful, cinematic films, but not thrill seekers, or at least I would not suggest it is ANYTHING like The Lives of Others.

Unspeakable Love: Gay and Lesbian Life in the Middle East
Unspeakable Love: Gay and Lesbian Life in the Middle East

5.0 out of 5 stars A voice for the unspoken, 3 Mar 2014
I found the book engaging and well written. It does have areas of repetition and occasionally almost commits the crime of overstating conjecture from a very little fact, as the work complains clerics and law officers do in regard to homosexuality.
These episodes are rare and mild and do not detract from what is a valuable work.
It is well balanced on the whole. There is an invisibility of lesbian voices, but I suspect this is due to their voices being even harder to hear than the men in the discussed cultures per se. The work strives to refer to texts as well as interviews from which the female experience is perhaps almost absent.
There is discussion relating to various countries and I was particularly interested in the difference in levels of persecution and stated law in various countries and the Israeli/Arab situation and references.

The book is a good balance of personal stories and academic reference and whilst perhaps not 'enjoyable' is not a technical read by any means and is well explained and ordered so that it is very accessible.

Am-Tech Award Winning Two Function Rechargeable LED Night Light and Torch
Am-Tech Award Winning Two Function Rechargeable LED Night Light and Torch
Offered by Powo!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is that rare thing. Useful and as good as the manufacturer portrays it, 15 Feb 2014
Such a handy little thing. I bought it to use escorting a bullied cat into the garden. It is plugged in by. The kitchen, handy and always charged but doesn't have dangling wires or take up much room due to its upright design.

If that was all It did I would be satisfied.

We had a power outage. Torch automatically lights up -so I could find it. I used it to locate and flip the fuse perfect. And HANDY not stuffed in a drawer somewhere.

It has two lights, a torch proper and a light. Whew use this when we have a late ( or evening in the winter) cuppa in the garden. Both lights work well.

Also when the lights are out it is movement sensitive so could become a useful safety feature in fire etc or if placed in a child's room, they could have a night light which would turn off itself after a while.

As if that wasn't enough the battery life is excellent. I will be taking this with me when I go caravanning
Frankly if I could I would give this more stars if it were possible

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6