Profile for Mr. K. Gaffney > Reviews

Raleigh RX1.0 3w Front and 1/2w Rear Bike Cycle Light Set
Offered by Y Frame Discounts Ltd
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The best light I've ever owned, 27 Jan 2012
I just had this light stolen off my bike and so have purchased a new replacement one. That should tell you something. I bought the old one in 2007 and it has served me brilliantly. One set of batteries lasts me a winter season 4-5 days a week 4 mile commute. Amazing considering the light power. One part of my commute is through an unlit park (pitch dark) and it easily lights the way on full beam. Rest of the time I have it on flash and I can see me reflected off street signs 100m away.

Fits briliantly, the mechanism is great, you can swap onto multiple bikes easily (don't what the negative reviewers are talking about) and when it's on it really feels like its on and not about to fall off (never has unlike shonky back lights). Sturdy metal construction, beautiful, clean and ergonomic design. And very handy as a camping torch too. All for 15!

This torch has outlived two bikes, now sadly missed from my fixie. Damm you thief.

Never loved a product like I love this light.

HP Officejet K7100 A3+ Photo Quality Colour Business Printer
HP Officejet K7100 A3+ Photo Quality Colour Business Printer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Workhorse, 7 Sep 2010
The HP Officejet K7100 is a great workhorse. Solid, dependable and never jams.

We are a small architecture practice and print mostly A4 and A3 drawings, photos and the usual letters and admin. It can print on thick card and envelopes and is very flexible. The ink cartridges never block (unlike Epson printers). Speed is pretty okay for us, there is a fast draft setting which really chucks out the pages with lower but still passable quality. Line quality is also ok, on nice paper diagonal lines don't tend to pixelate.

There are two downsides:
1. The colour photo quality is not fantastic. It prints ok but compared to the Epson printers this doesn't stack up (but the ink lasts way longer and never blocks unlike the Epson)
2. The ram on the printer is not great for bigger files: if we are printing larger than 20MB we print to pdf first then print to save the ram and prevent the printer stopping every 30secs as it thinks about it.

Two years and not broken / stopped once. It has only jammed paper twice (once on a very thick piece of card) mis-feeds paper very very occasionally. This as I said is a workhorse and a very good one. Overall this is a 5 out of 5!

21st Century House
21st Century House
by Jonathan Bell

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit superficial, 7 Feb 2008
This review is from: 21st Century House (Hardcover)
A coffe table review of some of the worlds contempoarary houses - some of which have been widely published before, others an interesting selection. As an architect the book was too superficial but could be more useful for non architects looking for inspiration.

In Detail: Single Family Houses - Concepts, Planning, Construction
In Detail: Single Family Houses - Concepts, Planning, Construction
by Christian Schittich

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 14 Nov 2007
Excellent in depth look at the idea of single family houses. About 15 example houses divided among three construction systems: timber, steel and concrete. Probably this level of detail is only of interest to architects. As with all the detail series a strong bias to Austria and Germany. One of my most treasured books.