Profile for Stephanie > Reviews

Stephanie (Bristol, England)

Falk 1012B Child's Pedal Vehicle Claas Axos Tractor with Trailer
Falk 1012B Child's Pedal Vehicle Claas Axos Tractor with Trailer

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the effort of assembling it!, 14 Mar. 2016
When I managed finally to get it assembled I was very pleased with the result - and so was my grandson. I would say it is a perfect size for a 1 year old. But it is not at all easy to assemble. Everything has to be done by following an exploded diagram in small print. It is not clear from the instructions that there are a few pieces supplied which are merely "helping" pieces and are not part of the structure. Understanding that from the outset would have helped"! You will need help help - especially fitting the nut for the steering wheel and the rods as axles to the second wheel, as someone has to compress the body with great force while two further hands fit the screws and nuts. It can be done and the result is worthwhile.

Zeal Melamine Insulated Butter Dish with Lid - White
Zeal Melamine Insulated Butter Dish with Lid - White
Offered by Cutting Edge Retail

4.0 out of 5 stars My last one (cannot remember the make) lasted 35 years so this one had better be good, 30 Oct. 2015
This is very well made and although I have not used it yet I am sure it will do the job! There are very few plastic insulated butter dishes out there. I have searched high and low in camping shops, department stores, kitchen stores and the net.My last one (cannot remember the make) lasted 35 years so this one had better be good. I think it is too expensive, but when it is the only one........! So it has four stars for quality and I'll reserve the last one for function - as yet not tested.

Loft Conversion Manual
Loft Conversion Manual
by Ian Rock

5.0 out of 5 stars If you plan to convert your loft, get this book first, 23 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Loft Conversion Manual (Hardcover)
Reading the other reviews of this and similar books made me go for this one and I'm glad I did. Mine is not a DIY project. Having read this I was so much better prepared for the early stages of the project and I'm sure as the work progresses I'll continue to find this book useful. All the right questions answered and in a readable practical way. Photos are good. Examples of "What yours might be like" are good, and particularly helpful are the pointers towards what one cannot do as much as what one can. A good buy.

Basic Chinese: A Grammar and Workbook (Grammar Workbooks)
Basic Chinese: A Grammar and Workbook (Grammar Workbooks)
by Yip Po-Ching

4.0 out of 5 stars Basic Chinese: A Grammar and Workbook. Yip Po-Ching, Don Rimmington., 11 Mar. 2010
The layout is good. The explanations and examples and directions are good. I struggle with the terminology/descriptive terms used of the English grammar terms. I have often had to look up a definition of a grammar term in order to use the work in the book effectively. This may be a reflection on the quality of my own education (which was a Grammar School and is beyond first degree)but it has hindered my enjoyment of the book. It could be written with fewer academic grammar terms so that of us who are not linguists and not students of grammar but do want to learn another language beyond just learning phrases might find it easier to use.