Profile for C. Thatcher > Reviews

MMO Evolution
MMO Evolution
by Robert Rice

1.0 out of 5 stars Truly terrible baseless opinion, 24 Feb. 2011
This review is from: MMO Evolution (Paperback)
I really wanted to like this book but this guy has many axes to grind and doesn't shy away from doing so. He makes wild assumptions and declarations starting sentences with things like "This is total crap...". And the book is just that.

Agile Web Development with Rails: A Pragmatic Guide (Pragmatic Programmers)
Agile Web Development with Rails: A Pragmatic Guide (Pragmatic Programmers)
by Dave Thomas

5.0 out of 5 stars Truely the definitive and complete guide to Rails., 31 Oct. 2006
Great read, excellently written, even covering the more advanced topics very efficiently and clearly. This book IS the bible for rails, look no further.

Rails Recipes (Pragmatic Programmers)
Rails Recipes (Pragmatic Programmers)
by Chad Fowler

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, helpful and concise, 31 Oct. 2006
A friend had this on his desk so I flipped through it and actually looked up a few issues that I had been wondering about. The solutions were there, well presented and to the point, so I got the book for myself. I suppose most of the solutions could be found on the web but the fact that they are all collected together and I have even found myself taking a break away from the computer and going through the recipes on the couch is a real plus. Worth the money.

Lexx - The Movies - Series 1 Vol.1 [DVD] [1999]
Lexx - The Movies - Series 1 Vol.1 [DVD] [1999]
Dvd ~ Brian Downey

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 1 Mar. 2003
Since I first saw the series on UK tv I was hooked. I got this and the rest of the 'movie' series with the original Zev (all day I dream of my lovely Zev Zev :) and loved it. A definite collectable. This is in a league of its own. And the bizaar, arty (and I imagine very low budget) cgi and effects only seem to add to this cult beyond all others.