Profile for E. A. Ewington > Reviews

Content by E. A. Ewington

E. A. Ewington "enigma" (North Wales, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
The Jumble Bears (Medici books for children)
The Jumble Bears (Medici books for children)
by Molly Brett

5.0 out of 5 stars Just a beautiful book, 22 Jun 2014
My children had all the Medici books and I passed them on to others when they grew out of them. When my Granddaughters came along, I was delighted to be able to buy them all these lovely treasures. Animals, plants, flowers are all accurately drawn, not just some cartoon blob. The stories are beautifully written and the chance to discuss elements of the pictures is great. My 6 year old Granddaughter now reads these to her 4 year old sister and they love them.

Point of No Return (The Kathleen Turner Series Book 5)
Point of No Return (The Kathleen Turner Series Book 5)
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner., 22 Jun 2014
Having read the whole series, it was a pleasure to explore the complexities of the characters and the interaction between them whilst keeping up with the many twists and turns of the plot. I would certainly recommend this author, and just hope she has another set of books to follow these.

Moshi Monsters Series 1 Gold Tin (USA Version)
Moshi Monsters Series 1 Gold Tin (USA Version)
Offered by Bargainmax Ltd
Price: 35.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Stars in collection, 16 Mar 2014
My Granddaughter is an avid Moshy collector. She had one gold one, but when this arrived, she was delighted. The tin was appreciated by her Mum.

Toffee the Pony - Interactive Emotion Pet
Toffee the Pony - Interactive Emotion Pet
Price: 57.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 16 Mar 2014
Bought this for my 4 year od Granddaughter for Christmas. It was not particularly well made and did not live up to the description. The first day the shops were open I replaced it with a Furreal Friend - the monkey - and she has not put that one down since. Takes it everywhere.

Payback
Payback
Price: 3.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great chapter in the Butler Saga, 16 Mar 2014
This review is from: Payback (Kindle Edition)
You could almost smell the Brylcream and aftershave, to say nothing of the menace. I loved it!

Please do not read this in isolation as it will be difficult to get the full impact without having read the preceding books in the series. I am a real Slaughter fan and just did not see the ending coming. I hope there is scope for at least one or two more in the same series. There would seem to be scope. Karen writes well and I think is far better than Martina Cole.

SingStar: Motown (PS2)
SingStar: Motown (PS2)
Offered by Warby 4 Games & Gifts
Price: 11.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Party favourite, 16 Mar 2014
Great entertainment. We has a great night when we first used this and it really was a lot of fun. We were fighting to see who could get up and perform next!

Novelty Tissues 10/20/50 Note Design - (G329) Novelty Cash Tissues - A Great Gift by Gifts For The Present
Offered by Emma's Party Stuff by EJG Supplies Ltd
Price: 4.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Rip - off, 16 Mar 2014
I have seen these elsewhere and thought they would be very amusing in the right situations. These are too small and poor quality. Don't be taken in by the description. Not even any good for bkowing your nose on.

Mail Plus
Mail Plus
Price: 0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Rarely loads when it should, 16 Mar 2014
This review is from: Mail Plus (App)
Most mornings I have to set this off to download. The content is as I would expect, but I am not impressed that the days news disappears after the end of the day. With the newspaper I would often save some of the articles for the weekend when I had time to read them, but that cannot happen. So I only see 1/3rd paper. The idea of being able to read a small format on the way to work was why I chose this app. Wish I had continued to buy the real thing.

Judy Moody Was In A Mood
Judy Moody Was In A Mood
by Megan McDonald
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted 6 year old, 16 Mar 2014
I have asked my Granddaughter how she liked her first Judy Moody book. She is delighted by it and she has asked for more of these instead of Easter Eggs - even better review. Although just 6, she is a very advanced reader and is very mature. Both Mum and I read the book before giving it to her, and we thought it was just right in its language and content. Jessica also has the trio of Stink books which she says makes her glad she has a sister and not a smelly brother and she is sorry for Judy.

Megan, keep on writing and make one little girl very happy.

Never Go Back: (Jack Reacher 18)
Never Go Back: (Jack Reacher 18)
Price: 3.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Great as always, 21 Jan 2014
Great as always.
Lee child never fails to please. Less exciting than some, but still a great read. Cannot wait to start the next one.

Page: 1 | 2