Profile for Anke from Ballymoney > Reviews

Content by Anke from Ball...

Anke from Ballymoney (Northern Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Playdoh Sweet Shoppe Perfect Twist Ice Cream
Playdoh Sweet Shoppe Perfect Twist Ice Cream
Offered by Mytoyfactory

3.0 out of 5 stars ok ice cream maker, 13 July 2014
Well, maybe I am a bit harsh, but basically the playdoh gets mixed all the time (and all turning brown), then it has to have the right consistency to work (too soft = too sticky; not soft enough = doesn't work at all). the sprinkle thing is a bit rubbish. firstly you can't clean it properly afterwards and the sprinkles just fall off the "ice cream". But some of the details with this are nice like the ice cream cups - but rather than fixing everything to the machine (it comes off all the time) they should give a box for storing the things. My kids still love playdoh and still love playing with this and it hasn't broken yet. That's a good thing. And at £15 it doesn't break the bank.

Trade Mark Collections Disney Princess Dome Umbrella
Trade Mark Collections Disney Princess Dome Umbrella
Offered by A CHARACTER SHOP LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and beautiful, 13 July 2014
Really good umbrella. Lovely decorated, very sturdy. Girl loves it. Well worth the money.

Kids Create Make Your Own Fairy Figures
Kids Create Make Your Own Fairy Figures
Offered by Fun Learning

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 13 July 2014
Lots of little figurines for a small price. I was actually pleasantly surprised with this. My daughter had a fairy themed birthday party, so we got these and I got the same with flowers and butterflies. If you only buy one, use only half the plaster at a time. Plaster lasts for about two fillings. And they turn out really nice. We decorated them with felt tips - a bit easier for 4 year olds than paint.

Hans Fröhlich und das Vogelhaus
Hans Fröhlich und das Vogelhaus
by Anne Geelhaar

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, 13 July 2014
A beautiful story and lovely pictures. It is contained in one of the story collections, but they have much less pictures. I give it 4 stars only because of the price. Any of the Kinderbuchverlag books are 10 Euro. That really is a bit much for one single story.

Numatic 601226 Airo Brush, 290 mm
Numatic 601226 Airo Brush, 290 mm
Offered by SPARES-2-GO

2.0 out of 5 stars Not convinced, 13 July 2014
Really don't see much point in this. I was hoping that with the spinning round brush would clean carpet areas a bit more (my entrance rug specifically). But the bristles aren't that many. I guess it really is only for animal hair, but for that they probably needed to make it a bit smaller, I can't see cleaning hairs off a sofa with that. Wasted expense for me. Though loving my Henry Hoover. By the way - buy the Henry Hoover and this brush separately - it's cheaper that way.

Wanderlust
Wanderlust

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving it, 13 July 2014
This review is from: Wanderlust (Audio CD)
Not sure about the "Interlude", but I loving the rest of the CD. Actually bought it for my son after she became his favourite at strictly come dancing, but I've been listening to it endlessly by now. Beautiful voice.And who needs illegal downloads for that price (bought for about £5-6).

Vortigern Replacement Safety Netting for 10ft Diameter SIX pole Trampolines
Vortigern Replacement Safety Netting for 10ft Diameter SIX pole Trampolines
Offered by activeleisure

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems very strong, 13 July 2014
Put it up this summer after our original Plum net disintegrated after about 3-4 years. Well, giving it 5 stars now, definitely seems quite strong. Will come back to the review if it breaks sooner than expected. Fitting it was very simple (just the same as the Plum). It's a bit saggy in places at the top, but I think that's more to do with the trampoline now being a bit out of shape.

Rapesco 8-11.75mm Desktop Pencil Sharpener - Black
Rapesco 8-11.75mm Desktop Pencil Sharpener - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Definitely not worth the money, 13 July 2014
It's not worth the money. Basically two major things wrong with it. You can't adjust the sharpness of the tip (and the default is not very pointy - if you do somewhat exact drawings with lead pencils, this is not good enough). Secondly the grip for round pencils is not good enough so most just spin round and round. Really, the price is ridiculous, don't buy it for more than £7. The thing about taking sharpeners apart to get the tip out when it's broken off, I think that is with every sharpener and with this one it actually seems very simple. It's ok, and I guess it will last a long time, but it's just too expensive (recommend Dahle 133 instead).

Dahle 133 Pencil Sharpener for Pencil Diameters up to 11.5 mm
Dahle 133 Pencil Sharpener for Pencil Diameters up to 11.5 mm

5.0 out of 5 stars indestructible sharpener, 13 July 2014
Loving this sharpener. I had bought it in Germany for my son, when he started school. I don't remember if it came with instructions, but basically the little metal bit at the back is for adjusting the point of the tip (there is a little picture to show that). Else it's much like another. But he's been using it now for 3 years. Taken it to school all the time (who knows how many pencils get sharpened there). It gets dropped regularly. It's still working perfectly. Can't recommend it enough. I have bought another sharpener for myself (and spent more money on - Rapesco 94), but it doesn't give you the option for a pointier tip and that is no good for lead pencils; it also doesn't hold round pencils properly so they spin round and round. My daughter now starts school and I'll definitely get her the Dahle 133 again. Wish it came in different colours.

Andrew James Electronic Digital Kitchen Scales With Glass Platform
Andrew James Electronic Digital Kitchen Scales With Glass Platform
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Very handy scale, 4 Feb 2014
Chose this scale as even with items on scale the display is clearly visible. I also wanted one where you can put any bowl on it as I often need another bowl when baking and often other bowls don't fit on those round scales. This scale works a treat.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6