Profile for fiona g > Reviews

fiona g (lanarkshire)

The Art of Eating Well
The Art of Eating Well
by Jasmine Hemsley

4.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous book - beautifully produced and a visual treat, 1 Oct. 2014
This review is from: The Art of Eating Well (Hardcover)
Gorgeous book - beautifully produced and a visual treat. Feel inspired to eat super-healthily but have yet to venture beyond the smoothies. This way of eating feeling like something you need to rev yourself up for.

Rock Stars Stole My Life!: A Big Bad Love Affair With Music
Rock Stars Stole My Life!: A Big Bad Love Affair With Music
by Mark Ellen

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved every page, 16 May 2014
Hugely funny and illuminating account of Mark's life through the music he's loved. I ignored my family for 3 days while reading it. Meals were shoddy or didn't appear at all. The dog was unwalked and the laundry mountain grew. Husband took to calling it 'that book.' Thank God Mark was 'resistant to change' as one of his newly-appointed bosses put it. Read this wonderful, big-hearted book!

Love, Nina: Despatches from Family Life
Love, Nina: Despatches from Family Life
by Nina Stibbe

5.0 out of 5 stars By far the funniest book I've read all year, 14 Dec. 2013
I loved every page of this book. Drew me right in from the first page - it's warm, hilarious and full of affection for the family Nina lives with. MK was my favourite - terse, eccentric and very very funny. The bit about her rustly coat had me in stitches ('She ripped a pocket with all the marching'). I read the last few pages at a snail's pace to delay finishing it. A joy!

River Cottage Every Day
River Cottage Every Day
by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast delivery, perfect condition, 28 Nov. 2013
Book was as good as new, at fraction of price - beautifully produced and tons of family-friendly ideas. Will be used over and over

FASH Professional 88 color Eyeshadow palette Matte and Shimmer Palette (Makeup, Cosmetics)

5.0 out of 5 stars great value, lovely kit, 26 April 2012
My daughter was really pleased with this - a great range of colours (shimmery and matt), quickly delivered, well packaged and in perfect condition. A great birthday present for someone just starting out with make-up as so many shades to try (perfect for sleepovers too, which is why I bought it really, so they could all have a dabble)

Sundae Girl
Sundae Girl
by Cathy Cassidy

5.0 out of 5 stars delicious!, 27 May 2007
This review is from: Sundae Girl (Paperback)
I've read all of cathy's books and this has to be one of my faves. Although it's about a serious subject - Jude's mum's alcoholism - it's funny as well as touching and sad. There are brilliant characters, especially Carter and Jude's mum's boyfriend, and you find yourself rooting for Jude the whole way through, hoping that everything will work out for her. A total joy to read. It'll melt your heart!

Cooking Like Mummyji
Cooking Like Mummyji
by Vicky Bhogal

5.0 out of 5 stars I use this over and over, 13 Mar. 2007
This review is from: Cooking Like Mummyji (Paperback)
This book is fantastically simple and got me into cooking indian food when I'd assumed it was horribly complicated and required billions of ingredients. Vicki's dad's lamb in sauce is fantastic. It makes cooking an absolute joy and is a book I turn to again and again. Beautiful to look at too.

Rachel's Holiday
Rachel's Holiday
by Marian Keyes

5.0 out of 5 stars completely brilliant, 1 Sept. 2006
This review is from: Rachel's Holiday (Paperback)
I absolutely loved this book. It's my first Marian Keyes and I felt drawn in and pulled along with Rachel's story from the first page. Have been laughing my pants off and, as I read the final chapters today, blubbing my eyes out. A warm, witty, hilarious, heartbreaking and ultimately uplifting page-turner. Fantastic stuff. Gimme more!

Scarlett
Scarlett
by Cathy Cassidy

5.0 out of 5 stars a truly brilliant read, 13 Jun. 2006
This review is from: Scarlett (Paperback)
I have read all of Cathy's books and although they're all brilliant, Scarlett is something extra-special. Scarlett has been in loads of trouble, and her mum, who can't take any more, sends her away from their home in London to her Dad's place in the wilds of Ireland. As the story unfolds, Scarlett transforms from being a hurt and angry girl into someone brave and amazing, finding love and magic along the way with a mysterious boy called Kian. The writing is brilliant - poetic but pacy, and there's not a dull moment or lull in the story. It's gripping, and I cried at the end! Just perfect.