Profile for Martin Bond > Reviews

Adults TWO PAIR PACK More Mile cushioned LONDON running sock
Adults TWO PAIR PACK More Mile cushioned LONDON running sock
Offered by The Sportswear Factory

5.0 out of 5 stars You need these if you run!, 30 April 2015
I'm not going to waffle on too much but if you like to run, whatever the distance, you need these in your life. I ran 18km last week and although I wear £130 custom fit running shoes, my feet were aching for days afterwards.
These socks arrived yesterday and so I stuck them on and went out for 25km. My feet felt amazing and I honestly can say I felt I could've run a lot further if it wasn't for time restraints. Even now, my feet have no pain and I'm off out again today for another run.
The downside of this product? I have realised that I've reached a point in my life where I'm actually raving about a pair of bloody socks! It'll be driving gloves and flat caps next!!

EcoAir DD122 MK5 Desiccant Classic Dehumidifier with Ioniser and Silver Nano Filter

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, highly recommended., 27 Dec. 2014
After owning Ebac dehumidifiers for many years, I decided to try this model due to the generally good reviews.
It is very small and light which makes it ideal to move from room to room of needed. It's also incredibly easy to operate and to understand the functions - instructions certainly not needed, which is always great for a man's ego!
I'm currently running this unit upstairs and my much larger and more powerful Ebac downstairs. Despite the big Ebac being on max and this unit being on economy, this Ecoair collects a lot more moisture in the same timeframe.
My only criticism of this unit is the small water tank, which fills up very quickly due to the effectiveness of the machine, but that's only to be expected in such a small unit.
I read the one star reviews for this item and they all seem to involve the machine failing, over various timescales. All machinery had a small number of rougues that fail so don't read too much into those reviews. Personally, I think this dehumidifier is a great little piece of kit and highly recommend it.

Fully Adjustable Free standing Basketball Back Board Stand & Hoop Set
Fully Adjustable Free standing Basketball Back Board Stand & Hoop Set
Offered by Panorama Stores

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product and amazing value for money., 24 May 2014
Instructions aren't the clearest in the world but being a bloke, I don't use instructions anyway (until I've put it together upside down and back to front!)
To be fair, take a step back and look logically at what you have and putting it together is pretty easy. It took me about 15 mins to complete.
Once assembled, the product is fantastic. Even throwing balls quite enthusiastically at the backboard gives a good predictable rebound and there is minimal movement of the hoop and board seeing as it's a freestanding structure.
Overall, I am very impressed with this product and highly recommend it. Maybe it could be made to go a little higher but seeing as it's predominantly for children, I'm definitely nitpicking! My 6 and 7 year old boys love it and often go out even in the rain to shoot some hoops.

Ben Sherman Swinger Boots Black
Ben Sherman Swinger Boots Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful but narrow!, 30 Jan. 2014
At £39, these boots are a steal. They look fantastic and are well made.
Unfortunately for me, I have wide feet and could hardly even get the boot on my foot. If you have even slightly wide feet, I'm afraid these will be no good for you.

Kinps®For Apple Iphone 5 5S External Rechargeable Spare Backup Extended Battery Charger Pack Case Cover((4200mah With flip front for iPhone 5 5S Black)
Offered by Kinpsbuy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, 6 Jan. 2014
This is a fantastic case. It is the first case I have found that not only gives a large capacity backup (4200mah compared to the usual 2200), but that also offers protection for your phone's screen.
Obviously it adds weight to your phone but to me that is a plus point anyway, as my iPhone 5S feels too light and I'm never sure if it's still in my pocket!
Overall, this is one of the very best power cases I have ever used, and I have been through around 15 so far.

Am-Tech Baseball Cap with 5-LED Lights
Am-Tech Baseball Cap with 5-LED Lights

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent hat, 4 Jan. 2014
I already had a similar hat to this which I use at work (I work nights) and they are a great idea.
This hat gives a pretty good light and it is evenly spread for ideal illumination.
The only flaws are that if you have a small head, it doesn't adjust down very far, and the most annoying feature is that the switch is activated too easily. Quite often when I push the hat into my wardrobe, the slightest pressure can cause the lights to turn on. Unless you are observant, you could easily put it away with the lights on, meaning flat batteries next time you come to use it.

Overall though, it does the job I need it too, and to be fair, it was more than 60% cheaper than my other hat with the better switch!!

I would recommend this item.

Anker® 2nd Gen Astro E3 10000mAh Portable Charger  External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air 2 Mini 3, Samsung Galaxy S6 S5 S4 Note Tab, Nexus, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, PS Vita, Gopro, more Phones and Tablets (Black)
Anker® 2nd Gen Astro E3 10000mAh Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air 2 Mini 3, Samsung Galaxy S6 S5 S4 Note Tab, Nexus, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, PS Vita, Gopro, more Phones and Tablets (Black)
Offered by AnkerDirect

4.0 out of 5 stars Great customer service!, 7 Aug. 2013
Within 2 months of purchasing this item, it developed a fault and wouldn't recharge. I contacted Anker through Amazon and they could not have been more helpful. Within days, they had exchanged my faulty item for a new one.

The battery pack itself is quite big and cumbersome, but this is a trade off for the immense recharging power provided. Over the course of two weeks, it kept my iphone and ipad charged and the 4 blue LED lights kept me informed as to how much charged remained in the pack.

To summarise, there are smaller and more convenient sized power packs out there, but for recharging power, this is up there with the best.

Invero® Matte Black Rechargeable External Protective Battery Case with Stand Feature for Apple iPhone 4 / 4S

5.0 out of 5 stars Best power skin so far!, 3 Nov. 2012
I have now been using power skins on my various iPhones for several years, most of which last between a few days to maybe 3 months top. This case however, is still going strong 9 months later and still looks brand new, except for the little stand at the back breaking off.
Please be aware, no power skins seem to last very long, including the expensive £50+ ones so look to spend around £20 tops. This one is the best one I have owned so far by a mile.

Swees® 1900mAh External Power Pack Case and Rechargeable Back Up Battery Charger For iPhone 4 & 4S - White
Offered by A&J Trading LTD

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed!, 3 Nov. 2012
I get through several of these power cases a year as none of them seem to last more than 6 months. This one however, lasted for one full charge and then would only hold enough juice to power my phone from 10% to 13% charge!
I understand that it is probable that I received a rougue case, but even presuming the case was fully functioning, I would still only give it a 2 star rating.
The surface is too shiny and slippery so it falls out of my pocket too easily, there is no led to indicate level of charge, and the phone leaves the charging dock far too easily and therefore stops charging when you think it is.

Profound Obnoxious Eccentric Mesmerising Sayings: Memoirs of a Broken Dream
Profound Obnoxious Eccentric Mesmerising Sayings: Memoirs of a Broken Dream
by N. Papayiannis

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking poetry, 23 Aug. 2011
I bought this item for my elderly father in law who is a fan of poetry, I myself not being a fan at all.
I took the liberty of flicking through the pages when it arrived and found the contained poems to be very cleverly written making them very thought provoking. I ended up reading the whole book before passing it on as the present it was originally bought for!

As I said, I was not a fan of poetry and although I remain that way, I actually really enjoyed this book and would recommend it. My father in law has read it several times over by the way!

Page: 1 | 2