Profile for sulamite > Reviews

Content by sulamite

sulamite

Among the Dead Cities: Is the Targeting of Civilians in War Ever Justified?
Among the Dead Cities: Is the Targeting of Civilians in War Ever Justified?
by A. C. Grayling

5.0 out of 5 stars "Dead Cities", 1 Mar. 2014
For me it was especially relevant because I arrived in Dresden (with my mother) on the 13th February which was the night when the Royal Air Force flattened Dresden!

The Long Earth
The Long Earth
by Terry Pratchett

4.0 out of 5 stars "The Long Earth", 14 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Long Earth (Hardcover)
I am not a Pratchett fan specifically, however this novel has Stephen Baxter's input! The result is that Pratchett becomes more serious under the influence of Stephen Baxter, and Stephen Baxter becomes more fun under the influence of Pratchett. A wonderful combination!!

Proxima
Proxima
by Stephen Baxter

5.0 out of 5 stars Proxima, 14 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Proxima (Paperback)
I have read everything Stephen Baxter has published but "Proxima" is amazing!! This is hard science fiction of the very best type! If you are into science fiction, I can truly recommend "Proxima" !

Filofax 2014 Diary Refill Insert Pocket Week to View W81xH120mm Ref 6822114
Filofax 2014 Diary Refill Insert Pocket Week to View W81xH120mm Ref 6822114

5.0 out of 5 stars Diary, 14 Dec. 2013
I gave been using this format for years now! The: 'week per two pages' is ideal for me, to never forget what needs doing "this week"!

BIOBULB MAX. EXTRA BRIGHT FULL SPECTRUM LIGHT BULB. 30W BAYONET 150W EQUIVALENT. IDEAL OFFICE LIGHT
Offered by Oxyvita Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars These BioBulbs, 14 Dec. 2013
The one thing that is great is that they switch on instantly, there is no "warming up" period! It is the best bulb for my kitchen!

Under the Dome
Under the Dome
by Stephen King

5.0 out of 5 stars Ref.: "Under he Dome" TV Series, 14 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Under the Dome (Paperback)
Anyone who watched the TV series, must read the book!! It explains so much more, it shows that much more, it - simply - IS that much more!!!
I do not blame the TV series because they cannot film every single incident, it would mean a TV series of 30 Series or more.
The book is fantastic! Of course - Stephen King is great, but this, imagined, happening is science fiction of the very best style, even for Stephen King. I have never read a similar set-up and I have read an awful lot of science fiction!

Against All Gods: Six Polemics on Religion and an Essay on Kindness (Oberon Masters)
by A. C. Grayling

5.0 out of 5 stars Anti-Religion essays, 14 Dec. 2013
To starts with - I love professor A . C. Grayling's essays!!
"Against All Gods" is a superb look at religion in general. It raises questions I never thought of, and I am a long-standing Humanist, although I was brought up an Evangelical Lutheran.
I would, however, suggest that if you happen to be a staunch Catholic, without an 'open mind', don't bother to read it!

Against/Beyond The Fall Of Night
Against/Beyond The Fall Of Night
by Gregory Benford

5.0 out of 5 stars Book review, 19 May 2013
Although it said "used" the book was in perfect condition. Of course - anything written by Clarke AND Benford cannot be any other than FABNTASTIC!

Wenko Shower Curtain 180x200 Dolphin, PEVA
Wenko Shower Curtain 180x200 Dolphin, PEVA

5.0 out of 5 stars In The Bathroom, 10 Feb. 2013
I needed something in blue with sealife and this Shower Curtain is just what I wanted!!

Excellent quality, quick service, good price! The Amazon usual......!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 26, 2013 6:54 AM BST