ARRAY(0xb5526474)

Profile for Mrs. S. J. Currie > Reviews

Content by Mrs. S. J. Currie

Mrs. S. J. Currie "book lover" (Cheshire UK)

WD My Passport Studio 1TB Portable Hard Drive with Firewire and Metal Casing - Black
Offered by Red Rock Trading
Price: 164.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, 24 Aug 2013
Arrived quickly, very easy to set up, very quiet when in use. Uses firewire or USB cable, which are both suppled. Highly recommended!

Kindle Paperwhite, 6" High Resolution Display with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi [Previous Generation]

5.0 out of 5 stars Third Time Lucky, 2 Feb 2013
First of all I must say that I LOVE my Kindle PaperWhite. I read a lot but never thought I would buy a Kindle. I have been using my iPad to read book via the Kindle app but the iPad is a little unwieldy at times so I thought about the Kindle.

My initial Kindle wasn't working, the light was broken, the replacement was OK but there was a scratch on the display in the bottom corner. My heart sank, but I got another replacement and this one is great! Perfect for reading on the go or taking on holiday. I am very pleased with my new gadget, the print on the screen really looks like a printed page, it's rather miraculous.

The "official" Kindle leather case is something I highly recommend too, no ugly elastics holding the Kindle in place, very streamlined with the device itself.

All in all, one happy bunny!

Crochet Workshop: Learn How to Crochet with 20 Inspiring Projects
Crochet Workshop: Learn How to Crochet with 20 Inspiring Projects
by Erika Knight
Price: 11.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Fab but better photos would be good, 6 Aug 2012
Crochet books can be a little bit hit and miss, the cover looks great but inside the projects can be a little strange. Not so with this book, great projects, very up to date and fashionable. My one criticism would be that some of the projects could have better, more detailed photos, the photography is stylish, but I need to see a close up before I commit to spending money and time on a project.

I Lick My Cheese and Other Notes: from the Frontline of Flatsharing
I Lick My Cheese and Other Notes: from the Frontline of Flatsharing
by Oonagh O'Hagan

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking, 26 Dec 2007
I HATE cheese and that is why my hubby thought this would be a good book for me (gee thanks!) Anyway it is hysterical and shows how petty/selfish and dishonest some people can be. It brings back memories of labelling food in Uni halls then finding drunken "mates" scoffing it in the early hours of the morning grrrrrrrrr!