Profile for Silver88 > Reviews

Content by Silver88

Silver88 (UK)

Death of a Poison Pen (Hamish Macbeth)
Death of a Poison Pen (Hamish Macbeth)
by M.C. Beaton

5.0 out of 5 stars M C Beaton, 30 Oct 2013
excellent books this was for my wife who nearly has the full series. Not quite my scene however that's not relevant if my wife is happy!

7dayshop Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Headphones / Headset With Microphone - Sports Neckband Mini - Black/Grey Colour - Ideal for use for Sports activities, running, gym etc

5.0 out of 5 stars Bluetooth, 4 Jun 2013
These headphones work very well and the quality of the sound is excellent. Have since bought another pair for my daughter which she uses with her tablet. They are simple to set up on windows 8 and windows 7 as well as on tablet and phone.

Found the fit reasonable but I am only using them in a sedentary position so I have no idea how they stay in place if you use them whilst running etc. (We pensioners only run if......no we don't actually run!)

August MR220B Bluetooth Audio Receiver for Sound Systems - Bluetooth Wireless Music Adaptor for Car Radio / Home Stereo / Headphones / Portable Speakers - Bluetooth Enable your Audio Devices
Offered by Daffodil UK

4.0 out of 5 stars MR220B, 4 Jun 2013
Device works as expected and was easy to set up. Would recommend to all. I use it to connect my phone to my Hi-Fi system.

Porraloka® 3 x Stylus Pen in 1 Black + 1 Red + 1 Silver for most Capacitive Mobile Phone Telephone HQ Tablet Stylus Pen Apple iPhone Ipad Ipad 2 Ipod Touch Wifi 3G 3GS 4G 4GS Nokia Samsung Galaxy HTC Blackberry Playbook Virtuoso Sony Ericsson LG Motorola Xoom Hannspree Binatone Viewsonic Google Android Windows Nexus Kindle Fire -> Please note that this stylus pen is despatch from London UK sold by Porraloka® <-

5.0 out of 5 stars Touch Pens, 21 Oct 2012
These pens are excellent value and work prfectly on my Motorola Xoom.
They are very light weight but still operate perfectly with practically no pressure required.
Delivery was also very quick.

I have absolutely no problem in reccommending these touch pens.

Genuine Motorola Protective Gel Case for Xoom - Black
Genuine Motorola Protective Gel Case for Xoom - Black
Offered by total digital stores

1.0 out of 5 stars Motorola Gel Skin, 5 Feb 2012
This is the worst item I have ever purchased. It fits very badly and will not remain in the correct position.

I have spent ages trying to get the edges to stay in the correct position relative to the XOOM and it bulges at the top and right corner.

I think a batch of Motorola failed product got out of Motorola and were picked up cheaply by the supplier and sold on to me.

The units are appaling DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT BUYING.

Score out ot 10 is -50

Absolute crap

Sony AD-7241S-0B 24x Internal DVDRWRAM SATA Black LightScribe
Sony AD-7241S-0B 24x Internal DVDRWRAM SATA Black LightScribe

4.0 out of 5 stars AD-7241S-OB 24X, 18 Mar 2010
Not much to say really arrived on time installed easily and has a noise level similar to my previous Toshiba unit.
Came with the most up to date firmware and works fine

Have not checked Drives capability on dual layer yet, but reasonable drive at the price

Simon's Cat
Simon's Cat
by Simon Tofield

4.0 out of 5 stars Cat Lover, 20 Jan 2010
This review is from: Simon's Cat (Hardcover)
This is an extremely funny book and caused some real belly laughs in our house. The only proviso is that you have to either love cats or have been owned by one for several years!

Our cat Sam died late last year at 19 years of age and it brought back many many memories of the period of time he graced us with his presence.

Edimax EW-7128G Wireless LAN PCI Card 802.11b/g 54Mbp (Ralink)
Edimax EW-7128G Wireless LAN PCI Card 802.11b/g 54Mbp (Ralink)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wireless Card, 15 Mar 2009
Purchased this after extensive Internet search as it was the most cost effective and I was not in a rush, delivery via Amazon was free.

(In my opinion delivery cost on internet items is critical, I have looked at several "cheap" items in the 10 to 15 Pounds area only to find that I was being asked to pay a further 50% of the purchase price for shipping which is an obscene amount of money.)

Amazon on the other hand.......well you know the rest!!

The device was much easier to install than a USB version from Tenda which I tried first (had it lying about the office) and was simplicity itself to configure.

The excellent 1 metre cable connected antenna gives me a 100% reading on signal strength (in fact I can see everyone's wireless hub in the close where I live!!)

I was in fact so impressed I have just ordered another one to go with my wifes PC internet access point in the lounge.

Cost *****
Delivery*****
Install *****
Usage *****

All in all a splendid cost effective solution