ARRAY(0xa3494edc)

Profile for H. Ahilan > Reviews

Content by H. Ahilan

H. Ahilan

Food Mixer Dust Cover Red - Suitable For All Kenwood Chef and Andrew James Food Mixers
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD
Price: 14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purchase, 23 Feb 2012
This a great piece of equipment. The black and chrome finish gives it a classy look and the overall build quality is very good. I've used it in all configurations and am very pleased with it. I would highly recommend it.

Classic Rock Presents Slash (Deluxe Edition Fan Pack with Bonus Tracks)
Classic Rock Presents Slash (Deluxe Edition Fan Pack with Bonus Tracks)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 15 April 2010
I've followed Slash for a LONG time - ever since watching the video for Sweet Child O'Mine for the first time way back in 1988 - my jaw hit the floor after seeing and hearing the guitar solo! He has always been one of my favourite guitarists and to my mind his playing has been faultless whatever band/project he has been involved in - truly a living legend. My expectations of this has have been amply fulfilled - it is an excellent showcase for Slash's playing without being over-indulgent. There are great songs, a star-studded line-up of vocalists - all of whom do a great job (and Fergie - what a revelation - that girl can sing!), the playing all round and production are all excellent. This album is very good indeed and will not disappoint - have no hesitation in buying it.

Sonic Boom
Sonic Boom
Offered by hifi-media-store
Price: 7.13

4.0 out of 5 stars And about time too....., 30 Dec 2009
This review is from: Sonic Boom (Audio CD)
A REALLY good new album by Kiss - its been a long time coming! This album is certainly up there with Kiss 70's heyday albums. They sound like they're having a blast, and more importantly they sound like band, rather than Paul and Gene with session musicians. A number of the songs stand aout and will likely become live favourites - these include Modern Day Delilah, Russian Roulette, Stand and All for the Glory. Paul Stanley is on great form as ever. Gene Simmons seems to have renewed vigour especially on the aforementioned Russian Roulette and Yes I Know. A great album, and a real return to form.

The Resistance
The Resistance
Price: 6.35

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 30 Dec 2009
This review is from: The Resistance (Audio CD)
This is my first Muse album - and if it's anything to go by, I'll be gettting more! The songwriting, the playing, arrangements are all spectacularly good. This is a must-have album for fans of Prog, fans of Queen and to be honest, anybody who enjoys good music. The whole album has an epic feel to it, with hooks that embed themselves in your head for days. Having resisted getting into Muse for a number of years - not sure why really - I'm a definite convert now. I can definitely see what the fuss was all about. Excellent
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 19, 2013 8:14 PM GMT

Rocks
Rocks
Price: 4.58

5.0 out of 5 stars THEIR BEST - ESSENTIAL, 27 April 2009
This review is from: Rocks (Audio CD)
Bar none, this is the definitive Aerosmith album. Released at the peak of their drug-fuelled 70's heyday, the band were in superb form. There isn't a poor track on the album - just read the track listing - Back in the Saddle, Rats in the Cellar, Last Child - these tracks are still live staples some 30 years after release. I've been an Aerosmith since the days of Permanent Vacation in the 80's, but when searching through their back-catalogue I came across Rocks and was blown away - its still my favourite Aerosmith album. I can't recommend it highly enough.

The Meaning of Night
The Meaning of Night
by Michael Cox
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Enthralling!, 11 Sep 2008
This review is from: The Meaning of Night (Paperback)
What a fabulous book - the best one I've read for a while. Michael Cox effortlessly takes the reader into Victorian England. The book is meticulously researched, and is crammed full of period detail. There are so many twists and turns as we follow one man's obsession; that as the reader we feel nothing but sympathy for a self-confessed murderer is testament to the author's skill. I couldn't put the book down, and am miffed that I have finished it - its one of those books you wish wouldn't end. I cannot recommend this book highly enough.

Appetite For Destruction
Appetite For Destruction
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars A legendary album, 4 July 2008
What can I say about this album that hasn't been said a thousand times before. I grew up with this album - it was the record (my first copy was on vinyl) that introduced me to hard rock and heavy metal.

The songs as a whole, the lyrics, the vocals, the playing (especially Slash's guitar, of course) are the stuff of legend - there can be no-one who hasn't heard at least one track from this album. Over 20 years after its first release this album remains fresh and contemporary - it is an essential addition to any decent record collection. The impact this record made cannot be overstated - hard rock and metal were huge in the late 80s and early 90s and this album was by far and away the biggest of the bunch.

I still listen to 'Appetite' regularly and it blows me away each time - I don't need to go track by track - everybody has their favourites. I will however mention just 3 - Welcome to the Jungle, Paradise City and Sweet Child O'Mine - these alone are worth buying the album for, the rest of the songs are of an equally high standard.

I will say it again, this album is ESSENTIAL.

Saints Of Los Angeles
Saints Of Los Angeles
Price: 8.48

5.0 out of 5 stars FAB!, 4 July 2008
This review is from: Saints Of Los Angeles (Audio CD)
This album is a real return to form for Crue - its pretty much faultless. It rocks like hell and the boys are on sparkling form - these guys have been around for nearly 30 years and can show many a younger band how to play. The material is uniformly excellent, there isn't a duff track here. Welcome back lads!!

Le Fol
Le Fol
Price: 9.97

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT!!, 13 Mar 2008
This review is from: Le Fol (Audio CD)
What a fantstic album. Heavy, yet melodic, this is metal with intelligence. The guys in the band play death metal in the 'usual' jobs, but here they've come up with an album that is full of hummable tunes that instantly lodge in the brain. The songs all have an epic feel to them, the lyrics are intelligent and the playing and singing are excellent. Standout songs are rockers 'Threshold' and 'Afterglow', whilst ballad 'Monster' puts some integrity into the 'power ballad'. Buy this album and you won't be disappointed.