Profile for Olympia Day > Reviews

Content by Olympia Day

Olympia Day (Oxford)

Eva Fraser's Facial Workout (Penguin Health Care & Fitness)
Eva Fraser's Facial Workout (Penguin Health Care & Fitness)
by Eva Fraser

4.0 out of 5 stars up up and away!, 26 May 2009
I've just written a detailed review for the DVD, but have come here because I bought this book years ago when I was sixteen/seventeen. I did one or two of the exercises didn't like the fact that there were no before/after photo's, got bored and tossed it aside! I threw it out a year or so ago as it had gone yellow from too long sitting on a window sill and the pages were loose. I wish I'd taken more care of it as I have seen a great improvement in the three months that I've been using the DVD and am seriously considering buying the book again for the more advanced exercises! The changes have been minimal to my eyelids but excellent in my cheeks and lower face/jaw line. I don't remember if there are exercises for ridding the forehead of fine lines in this book, and hopefully there will be something on lifting that same area - I can't remember. Am so glad the idea of botox is a distant memory.

Eva Fraser - Facial Fitness Made Easy [DVD + Book]
Eva Fraser - Facial Fitness Made Easy [DVD + Book]
Dvd ~ Eva Fraser

4.0 out of 5 stars the only way is up!, 26 May 2009
Having just written a really detailed review of my experience of this DVD only to answer the 'phone and come back twenty mins later to discover the whole thing had been erased I have taken a deep breath and started again.
I'm thirty six and although fairly youthful looking was gearing up to having some botox in my forehead and perhaps some fillers further down the line. In Feb I came across an article on Eva and her exercises in the Daily Telegraph. The thing that got me excited was that Eva and her assistants were almost wrinkle free, had no sagging and toned and glowing complexions. Reportedly they looked years, even decades younger than their ages. I have just completed my third month. The biggest change has been to my cheeks; I have never had prominent cheekbones or any sort of definition to my rather round face and had always envied the toned look that so many celebs/models have when they smile - you know, the tautness running from the mouth corners up to a nice high, round cheek. Now, when I smile or pucker my mouth slightly there is a great difference in my upper cheeks which prior to the exercises were flat as pancakes and now are noticeably rounded with an obvious definition/ slightly concave and toned look to the lower part of my face! I don't have lines round my eyes but the area below my eyebrows is certainly less puffy. My jaw line is sharper and strangely, my lips which are already full appear more prominent. I haven't made my mind up about my brow lines which although fine have recently begun to bug me; some days I feel they are less noticeable. I am carrying a few more pounds than I would like so am impressed that the work I've done so far is showing through the extra padding. Re the DVD, I would have liked an intro with perhaps some photo's of Eva BEFORE she discovered these exercises - she started them aged fifty. The overall quality is just about satisfactory though I agree more care should have been taken with editing mistakes which are annoying. However, I am delighted with the improvements and would say that the proof of the pudding is definitely in the eating!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 25, 2012 9:34 AM BST

Fly London Women's Jock
Fly London Women's Jock

4.0 out of 5 stars Super Fly, 19 Dec. 2008
This review is from: Fly London Women's Jock (Shoes)
I hunted high and low for a pair of these in camel. Almost every day I checked to see if Amazon had a size 8. In the end I was so desperate I went for a size 9 thinking they would prob look like clown's shoes but decided to double up on the socks, stuff the toe or join the circus! No need - these are a perfect fit; I reckon Fly has got their sizing round their ear because I normally take a size 7 1/2. Funky boots. Have had lots of compliments. My only gripe is the zip - stiff doesn't begin to describe it.