Profile for Anne Anderson > Reviews

Content by Anne Anderson

Anne Anderson

Page: 1 | 2
Sinland Ultra Absorbent Microfibre Sports Towels (Dark Gray, 60cmx120cm)
Sinland Ultra Absorbent Microfibre Sports Towels (Dark Gray, 60cmx120cm)
Offered by Eco-cleaning

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 27 Oct 2014
Excellent product. Very light but a good size and quite towel-like

VonShef Double-Wall Keep Warm Satin Polished Stainless Steel Cafetiere Coffee Filter. Available in sizes 3, 6 and 8 Cup (8 Cup w/ Measuring Spoon and Sealing Clip)
Offered by Designer Habitat

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cafetiere, very pleased, 11 Aug 2014
Very pleased with my VonShef cafetiere. Makes a good hot cup of coffee and keeps hot. So easy to wash up as well without the glass issue. (I am prone to break glasses regularly). Well packed and arrived promptly

To Kill A Mockingbird: 50th Anniversary Edition
To Kill A Mockingbird: 50th Anniversary Edition
by Harper Lee

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, 21 April 2014
We read this in our book club. As an anniversary edition it is disappointing as it is printed on cheap paper but the book is. Page turner. If you like this you might also like The Little Friend by Donna Tartt

Dear Heather
Dear Heather

5.0 out of 5 stars Still love this cd, 21 April 2014
This review is from: Dear Heather (Audio CD)
I bought this for a friend as I love it. Original and haunting. It certainly has got under my skin

The Railway Man
The Railway Man

5.0 out of 5 stars A very moving book, 11 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Railway Man (Kindle Edition)
Eric Lomax relives his journey as a POW and reveals how that felt for him, eventually finding peace. Very moving

The Little Prince
The Little Prince
by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

4.0 out of 5 stars Charming, 21 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Little Prince (Paperback)
I was charmed by this book, really about grief and loss to me. Not really a children's book, but I suppose children would read it at their level. Re-reading later makes it richer and deeper.

Train Dreams
Train Dreams

4.0 out of 5 stars It stays with you, 21 Oct 2013
This review is from: Train Dreams (Kindle Edition)
This story really stayed with me after I had read it. What is the point of it all? What is the point of living and life? Here is a man who lives, gets through life the best he can and dies. Denis Johnson takes you into his head, without judging, and lets him tell his story. You hear the prejudices and beliefs of the time threated through as he tries to understand the difficult events that shape his life. I would read it again.

Sacred Hunger
Sacred Hunger

4.0 out of 5 stars Great story, 21 Oct 2013
This review is from: Sacred Hunger (Kindle Edition)
This is a great story, based in the history around the 18th century. Fascinating period in history. Story is all around themes of slavery, power and lack of power and commerce, social and gendered conventions and attitudes of the time. The book takes a little while to get going, but from half way through I couldn't put it down.

Bologna - Michelin City Plans
Bologna - Michelin City Plans
by Michelin
Edition: Map

5.0 out of 5 stars Great map for central Bologna, 21 Oct 2013
We had a 3 day break in Beautiful Bologna and found this map really useful, showing all the roads and main buildings in central Bologna. We didn't get lost and managed to find everything really easily.

Philips Satinelle Corded Epilator HP6423/00 with Ladyshave Head Plus Trimming Comb

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with Phillips Satinelle, 6 Sep 2013
My old epilator was quite painful to use and I had to gird myself to get down to it. this one is so light and nice to hold in my hand. It doesn't even really hurt and is just as efficient as the old one. Very pleased with my purchase. I would recommend it

Page: 1 | 2