Profile for N. Mason > Reviews

Content by N. Mason

N. Mason (UK)

2 Metre Premium Toslink Digital Optical SPDIF Audio Cable - Digital audio cable , Compatible with PS3,Sky HD, HDtvs, Blu-rays, AV Amps, Superior-grade optical fiber to deliver better clarity and transfer digital signal
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)
Price: 16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargin Price, Quality Build, 9 Jun 2014
A fraction of the cost of ones I've bought in the high street and if anything, this one's actually better build quality.
Am using with an optical cable switcher (too many gadgets too few sockets) and it still works fine and at full quality.
Highly recommended.

Avatar: The Legend of Korra Cartoon Fabric Wall Scroll Poster (32" x 18" Inches)
Offered by Japanime Depot
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It's even better in reality, 9 Jun 2014
Being a fan of both the original Avatar series and now The Legend of Korra, I was imediately drawn to this lovely wall scroll. Even for non-fans it's a beautiful scene for fans of oriental art. It's very lightweight and comes with two small hooks that can be slid anywhere along the top bar for hanging. I attached it to my wall with sticky plastic hooks which hold it perfectly (as I said, very light) but more traditional hanging with string or wire would also work fine.
Mostly I want to say that the photo on Amazon doesn't do it justice. The scene has an incredible depth when seen hanging up, almost as if it was a 3D image (which it isn't).
Thoroughly recommended (and I'll be checking out others in the collection).

ViewHD SPDIF | TOSLINK Digital Optical Audio 3x1 Switcher with Remote Control
ViewHD SPDIF | TOSLINK Digital Optical Audio 3x1 Switcher with Remote Control
Offered by U9LTD
Price: 22.95

5.0 out of 5 stars At last, one that actually works, 9 Jun 2014
I've tried a couple of different optical switchers over the last year or so to try to overcome the problem of having only one input for the home theatre kit and alot to plug in to it. The ViewHD is the only one that's worked so far. It also works exceptionally well, is easy to setup and use and is very small and unobtrusive (in case you were worried about another big ugly black box under the TV).
I'm currently using mine with my TV's output (for general use/old games consoles), a Sky HD box and a PS3 (being mainly used for Bluray playback). You can easily switch between each with the supplied infrared remote and all come through in full quality with the surround sound intact (ie not just stereo signal, unless it was only stereo to begin with).
Just remember you'll probably need to buy extra optical cables as none come in the box (though I wouldn't have expected them to).
All in all, thoroughly recommended.

Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 DirectCU II OC 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Card (PCI Express 3.0, HDMI, DVI-I, DVI-D, Display Port, 192-Bit, SLI Support, Nvidia 3D Vision Surround Ready)
Price: 115.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Actually alot bigger that the specs say, 16 Nov 2013
Just thought I should warn anyone looking at this card. It's actually about 27cm long, not the 21.5 it says. I therefore haven't been able to test the performance of it since it won't fit inside my massive Antec PC case (bought specifically to fit large, well cooled components). Looks pretty well made (as with all my other Asus components), the reviews and feedback I've read were good, but 10.5" is the kind of leviathon sized card I'd expect a 780 or Titan to be. Not a mid-ranged consumer model.......
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 26, 2014 2:20 PM GMT

Crown PlayStation Move Eye Camera Clip (PS3)
Crown PlayStation Move Eye Camera Clip (PS3)
Offered by total digital stores
Price: 3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 6 Oct 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This thing's so vital that I'm surprised it doesn't come packaged with the playstaion Eye/Move packs. Bought one for my 40" Sony LCD set, fits beautifully. It has pads so as not to scratch or mark your TV and a fairly generous depth adjustment (though it was nearly at maximum on mine so it may have problems with larger screens, particularly chunky plasmas). It holds the eye camera quite tightly for a nice semi-permenant feel (once it's in there it takes some force to get it out). Overall, it does exactly what I desired of it and is an absolute bargain at 4.99 in my opinion.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 7, 2010 4:22 PM BST

SanDisk 4GB Mobile Ultra Memory Stick Micro M2 - Retail Pack
SanDisk 4GB Mobile Ultra Memory Stick Micro M2 - Retail Pack
Offered by UK Supplies
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as the Ultra II camera cards, 3 Dec 2009
Super-fast data transfer speeds and with the little USB card reader included you can also use it as a USB flash drive for extra versatility. It even came with a little cord to attach it to a keyring. Great item.

(Do You Wanna Date My) Avatar (feat. Felicia Day)
(Do You Wanna Date My) Avatar (feat. Felicia Day)
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must If You're a Fan of the Series, 27 Sep 2009
A surprisingly catchy tune that I've been singing in my head for days. If you like the web/xbox live series then this is essential listening. Plus check out Felicia and Co. in full cosplay outfits in the music video on YouTube, V. sexy.....

One Touch Automatic Jar Opener
One Touch Automatic Jar Opener
Offered by EasihomeCookshop
Price: 11.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought it as a novalty present, actually rarther good =), 31 Jan 2009
Gave to parents for christmas, they tried it out in front of me and it was quite impressive the variety of shapes and sizes of bottle/jar etc it could open. On the down-side, you could never accuse it of being quick, but for lazy able-bodied people it's a nice gadjet. Of course it could also prove invaluable to someone with manual dexterity or grip issues as it's opperation is very simple. Recommended.

Kitchen Craft Kitsch'n'Fun Dog Table Top Vacuum Cleaner
Kitchen Craft Kitsch'n'Fun Dog Table Top Vacuum Cleaner
Price: 6.99

1.0 out of 5 stars fun but useless, 31 Jan 2009
Gave this as a stocking filler to my parents for christmas. Tried it out on some spilt sugar on boxing day. It's got about as much sucking power as an asthmatic jack russel. Still, I suppose I shouldn't have expected much for the price....

Callblocker - Telephone Call Screening
Callblocker - Telephone Call Screening

5.0 out of 5 stars review of service as callblocker was a gift, 31 Jan 2009
As the title suggests, item was a gift for my mum and dad, no feedback from them yet as I don't think they've gotten round to installing it yet....
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 6, 2011 8:17 AM GMT