Profile for Barny J > Reviews

Content by Barny J

Barny J "historic E" (UK)

Freeze Dried Lime Leaves Standard Jar - 5g e
Freeze Dried Lime Leaves Standard Jar - 5g e
Offered by Purely Health

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 29 Sept. 2013
Great fresh lovely product super fast delivery would recommend to any Asian cook or anyone,great store cupboard item stays fresh.

JML Ceracraft Ceramic Pans (Dark Red, 28cm)
JML Ceracraft Ceramic Pans (Dark Red, 28cm)
Offered by CostMad-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly amazing, 29 Sept. 2013
If you never ever buy another frying pan just try this one !!! A wonderful cooking experience no sticking food cooks evenly,wonderful size great design and oh my just a dream to wash.This. IS the one !!!!

Night Soldiers
Night Soldiers
by Alan Furst

4.0 out of 5 stars Great author, 31 May 2013
This review is from: Night Soldiers (Paperback)
Wonderful read one of my favourite authors never disappoints well written keeps you on your toes all the time really recommend ..

The Last Letter from Your Lover
The Last Letter from Your Lover
by Jojo Moyes

4.0 out of 5 stars Not her best, 31 May 2013
Good but not in same league as "me before you " I still enjoyed it but compared to Me etc a bit slow

May Contain Nuts
May Contain Nuts
by John O'Farrell

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit boring compared to Johns other books, 31 May 2013
This review is from: May Contain Nuts (Hardcover)
Not my favourite got a bit bored really to much repetition re child getting into private school I persevered but not very good

Me Before You
Me Before You
by Jojo Moyes

5.0 out of 5 stars just wonderful, 18 April 2013
This review is from: Me Before You (Paperback)
This was my first JoJo Moyes book and oh what a treat I went through all the pain and laughter tears and joy as if I was in the midst of the characters .For me this was better than 'one day' which is way up there on the top of my list ! Have just ordered my next JoJo Moyes book and I can't wait

A Life of Contrasts: The Autobiography
A Life of Contrasts: The Autobiography
by Diana Mosley

3.0 out of 5 stars Contrasts indeed, 21 Jan. 2009
Having read quite a bit about the Mitfords and Diana Mosley I was not very surprised by my overall reaction to this Autobiography. I can't help wondering if the amazing privileges and there for complete and utter contrast to most peoples lives isn't really the true meaning of the title!
Every time that the atrocities against the Jews are talked about Mosley counter attacks with what she saw as a similar horror perpetrated by the English indeed she makes quite clear not only her anti war time government views but also her anti british feelings. I am sure that it must have indeed been dreadful for a member of the aristocracy to have been imprisoned without trial but surely she and her husband must have realized the dangerous beliefs that they held coupled with their families friendship with one of the most evil dictators of the last century (even though ' he was rather kind with lovely hands') was going to impinge on their freedom at a time of World War.I am glad I read the book and would recommend it certainly a lesson in being dazzled by delusion.

Ascolta
Ascolta

5.0 out of 5 stars Enchanting!, 14 May 2003
This review is from: Ascolta (Audio CD)
Izzy's interpretation of every track is utterly delightful.I can not stop listening to it.'Be still my soul'is pure simple magic.Well done Izzy and encore.