Profile for Mr. J. P. Bath > Reviews

Content by Mr. J. P. Bath

Mr. J. P. Bath (Somerset.)

Paramore
Paramore

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent New Album, 8 April 2013
This review is from: Paramore (Audio CD)
This album truly is a very different beast to anything Paramore have done before and that's a very good thing. The album feels more mature and it even feels darker (Future), but still has a some songs with an upbeat atmosphere (Still Into You).

The album opener 'Fast In My Car' is brilliant, really catchy and great lyrics. Ain't It Fun has a new choral sound and I think it works really well with Hayley's voice. The 3 Interludes are fun with Hayley singing over a ukulele.

Overall, I cannot fault this album. It has fresh new sound but it's still the same Paramore we all know and love.

10/10

Ramin
Ramin

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 9 April 2012
This review is from: Ramin (Audio CD)
The official stunning debut album from Ramin Karimloo. Best known for his roles in The Phantom of the Opera and Les Miserables. Although the album contains the two best known songs from Phantom and it's sequel Love Never Dies, this is not a musical album. Which is a credit to Ramin, as it would have been too easy and safe to have just recorded a bunch of musical numbers. Instead we have a fantastic collection of well written, some of which were co-written by Ramin, and excellently performed songs. Among my personal favourites are Show Me Light, Song of the Human Heart, Eyes of a Child and Inside My World. There are also two brilliant recordings of Guiding Light by Muse and Everything I Do by Bryan Adams. Overall an excellent album and I strongly recommended seeing him live (he's on tour this May). I've also been fortunate enough to have met him on a few occasions and he's an extremely nice guy and I hope the album does really well for him!

The Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall [DVD]
The Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ramin Karimloo
Offered by rsdvd

5.0 out of 5 stars PHABULOUS!!!!!!, 5 Oct 2011
I was sat in the audience during the recording of this show on the Sunday night and it was undoubtably the BEST show I've ever experienced. The Albert Hall looked stunning inside and out with a Phantom 25th flag hanging from the building and posters above the doors. Cameron Mackintosh's production was Phantastic, giving the Albert Hall a wonderful theatre feel to it. The chandelier hanging from the ceiling was the same Swarovski chandelier used in the Phantom film, which was very beautiful and added to the grand scale of the evening. The show it's self was spectacular. With a cast and orchestra of over 200, they were all faultless. Sierra Boggess plays Christine better than I've seen anyone else in this role, her acting and singing are absolutely entrancing. The Phantom is played by the force of nature that is Ramin Karimloo. Words do not do this man justice, the sheer power of his voice was enough to blow you out your seat. But his voice is not all about power, he is also very controlled and subtle. This man IS the Phantom, but sadly this was his last ever performance in this role but I'm sure he will go on to more great roles. Ramin and Sierra have amazing chemistry together as they also played the Phantom and Christine together in Love Never Dies which has now sadly closed in London. There were some amazing special guests at the end of the performance, who include, Michael Crawford, Sarah Brightman, Andrew Lloyd Webber, John Owen Jones, Colm Wilkinson and many more. One last thing I hope they include is right at the very end (it may have been after the camera's were switched off, but I hope not) Michael Crawford made Ramin go back out for one final cheer. Then Sierra joined Ramin and he picked her up and walked off stage. BEST SHOW EVER!!! 10/10

EDIT: After watching the show back there are a couple of points to change in my review. It was actually Colm Wilkinson who made Ramin go out for a final cheer and the chandelier was custom made for the show, not the Swarovski one.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 2, 2012 3:37 PM BST

The Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall - Double Play (Blu-ray + DVD) [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Ramin Karimloo

5.0 out of 5 stars PHABULOUS!!!!!!, 5 Oct 2011
I was sat in the audience during the recording of this show on the Sunday night and it was undoubtably the BEST show I've ever experienced. The Albert Hall looked stunning inside and out with a Phantom 25th flag hanging from the building and posters above the doors. Cameron Mackintosh's production was Phantastic, giving the Albert Hall a wonderful theatre feel to it. The chandelier hanging from the ceiling was the same Swarovski chandelier used in the Phantom film, which was very beautiful and added to the grand scale of the evening. The show it's self was spectacular. With a cast and orchestra of over 200, they were all faultless. Sierra Boggess plays Christine better than I've seen anyone else in this role, her acting and singing are absolutely entrancing. The Phantom is played by the force of nature that is Ramin Karimloo. Words do not do this man justice, the sheer power of his voice was enough to blow you out your seat. But his voice is not all about power, he is also very controlled and subtle. This man IS the Phantom, but sadly this was his last ever performance in this role but I'm sure he will go on to more great roles. Ramin and Sierra have amazing chemistry together as they also played the Phantom and Christine together in Love Never Dies which has now sadly closed in London. There were some amazing special guests at the end of the performance, who include, Michael Crawford, Sarah Brightman, Andrew Lloyd Webber, John Owen Jones, Colm Wilkinson and many more. I don't want to go on for too long (even though I could) I'll just say that if this Blu Ray looks even half as good as being there in person then it'll be PHABULOUS! One last thing I hope they include is right at the very end (it may have been after the camera's were switched off, but I hope not) Michael Crawford made Ramin go back out for one final cheer. Then Sierra joined Ramin and he picked her up and walked of stage. BEST SHOW EVER!!! 10/10

Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 14, 2011 2:14 PM GMT

Shrek The Third (Shrek 3) [DVD] (2007)
Shrek The Third (Shrek 3) [DVD] (2007)
Dvd ~ Mike Myers

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 29 Nov 2007
I purchased this film just to complete the trilogy not expecting much at all, but I was pleasently surprised. There are very few moment's that were not that funny like when Shrek is talking 'Street' slang to Arthur, but on the upside there are lot's of laugh out loud moments like King Frog. The first Shrek is a classic so it's not quite as good, but is definatly more entertaining than the second!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 3, 2011 12:35 PM BST

Pirates of the Caribbean 3: At World's End [Blu-ray]
Pirates of the Caribbean 3: At World's End [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Johnny Depp

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!!!!!!, 22 Nov 2007
I watched this film from start to finish and was amazed by the outstanding hi def picture quality. The best part for me was when you first see Jack in Davy Jones Locker, the picture is so bright and you can see every single little piece of detail so clearly! Also watching it with surround sound speakers you get really involved (just like your on board the Black Pearl!.) Also the last scene with Jack and scene after the credits (shall not say what happens, you will have to watch the movie) leaves an opening for a forth movie, which I have read the writers are keen to start but say it shall not be for several years.

Mr Bean's Holiday [2007] [DVD]
Mr Bean's Holiday [2007] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Rowan Atkinson
Offered by DVD Overstocks

4.0 out of 5 stars Great movie, 22 Aug 2007
I am a lifelong fan of Mr Bean after watching the old TV series when I was a child, so I don't miss anything new from this character (including the animated series.) This film has some funny moments (I will not say what otherwise may ruin the storyline.) I would say that this is the sort of movie to watch if you feel low and want to raise your spirit as there is no vulgar or offensive language. I don't think that it was as funny as the first and the ending is abit of a let down. In summary I would recommend this movie to everyone young and old!