Profile for Mrs. M. Muir > Reviews

Content by Mrs. M. Muir

Mrs. M. Muir (Forfar, Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2
Redwork Winter Twitterings
Redwork Winter Twitterings
by Pearl Louise Krush

5.0 out of 5 stars Winter Twitterings in Redwork, 17 Aug 2012
I am not a needlework person but I found this book enchanting. These are slightly quirky designs based on winter/christmas US-type projects and there are very detailed instructions, with appropriate skills level, for each one.

Garden Party Stitchery: 27 Beautiful Redwork Designs Featured in 7 Projects
Garden Party Stitchery: 27 Beautiful Redwork Designs Featured in 7 Projects
by Pearl Louise Krush

5.0 out of 5 stars Garden Party Sttchery in Redwork, 17 Aug 2012
This is a beautiful book. I am a newcomer to the art of needlecraft and some of the designs are small enough for me to have a go. There are plenty of instructions ranging from simple embroidery stitches to sizing the design, including guides on techniques and materials needed.

Happiness and Cheer Redwork Through the Year
Happiness and Cheer Redwork Through the Year
by Dolores Storm

5.0 out of 5 stars Happiness & Cheer Redwork, 17 Aug 2012
I am not a needlewoman but have felt inspired by these charming designs, especially as stitching instructions and techniques are laid out in an easy-to-follow format.

200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws and Afghans: Crochet Squares to Mix-and-Match
by Jan Eaton

5.0 out of 5 stars 200 crochet blocks for blankets, throws & afghans, 26 April 2012
This is a fantastic book. I am reasonably experienced with crochet granny squares and doilies but this book opened my eyes as to what could be achieved using only the basic stitches. There are good instructions with clear diagrams for all the techniques, and there are over 200 squares - in colour - with example pictures and patterns of worked blankets and afghans. This book is suitable for beginners and more experienced crafters alike, and I am just itching to begin something. It is a beautiful book, and I am really glad I bought it.

How To Pass Standard Grade Music (including CD)
How To Pass Standard Grade Music (including CD)
by Joe McGowan

4.0 out of 5 stars Boning up on Standard Grade Music, 13 Jan 2012
I wanted to see how many different types of music I could identify, and perhaps have a go at some practical stuff as well. This book, together with the 'Learn Listening Online' website was extremely interesting, informative, and I can thoroughly recommend it to anyone who would like to learn basic music skills.

Scotland the What? - the Final Fling [DVD]
Scotland the What? - the Final Fling [DVD]
Dvd ~ Buff Hardie

4.0 out of 5 stars Scotland the What, 13 Jan 2012
I really like Scotland the What, and have seen them live. As an exiled Englishwoman I felt that this DVD didn't do them justice, although my Scottish husband found it hilarious.

Brahms - Ein Deutsches Requiem
Brahms - Ein Deutsches Requiem

5.0 out of 5 stars Brahms German Requiem, 13 Jan 2012
Most enjoyable. As a (novice) member of a choral society I am interested to find out how the hours of intensive practice should turn out. Excellent listening.

8GB Swivel USB High Speed Metal Flash Memory Pen Drive Disk Stick (Ricco® 01-001) (8GB, Green)

5.0 out of 5 stars 8GB Stick Pen, 12 Dec 2011
Easy to use. USB connection protected by the swivel when not in use so can put in pocket or bag without worry.

Photoshop Elements 8 in Simple Steps
Photoshop Elements 8 in Simple Steps
by Ken Bluttman

4.0 out of 5 stars Photoshop Elements 8 Classroom in a Book, 23 May 2011
I liked this book very much. It was very easy to read and understand, and although I can find my way round using most Microsoft applications I had no previous experience of photo manipulation.

Each chapter is laid out in plain English and is aimed at the absolute beginner. The included CD has material to use for given exercises, and these are not difficult. For example, when a particular key-press is required the reader is told whereabouts the key is, and also shown on a diagram.

The ONLY fault (nitpicking) I found was that (for some time) I did not discover how to clear the screen between exercises.

I can recommend this book for both the experienced and faint-hearted photographer.

Lauridsen - Lux aeterna
Lauridsen - Lux aeterna

5.0 out of 5 stars Lauridsen's Lux Aeterna for SATB, 3 Mar 2011
This review is from: Lauridsen - Lux aeterna (Audio CD)
Clear notation. Music itself a tad difficult to sing, but very beautiful. Can recommend for choirs and choristers.

Page: 1 | 2