Profile for Halloween Jack > Reviews

Content by Halloween Jack

Halloween Jack (Pagham West Sussex)

Making Music
Making Music
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Music, 8 July 2010
This review is from: Making Music (Audio CD)
I first heard abaout Zakir Hussain through the Shankar Album "Song For Everyone" which blew me away and totally changed my mind set on music. When this came out a few years later i didn't think that i could feel so moved as i did with Shankar's album. How i was wrong. The opening track slowly took me to a place that i've seldom visited before, the flute so........flutey! transporting you to" India Heaven" when Zakir comes in with his tabla. Both John Mclaughlin & Jan Garberek are perfect partners.
I'm not a great reviewer, but when something touches you deep down, you have to speak out. This album is amazing, i will treasure it all my life.

Song For Everyone
Song For Everyone
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars The MOST Beautiful music, 8 July 2010
This review is from: Song For Everyone (Audio CD)
This album was introduced to me when it first came out in the 1980's. I was then listening to to likes of The Waterboys, & The Pogues etc. This album changed my musical life. It's so beautiful.I'd never heard the violin played this way before,and Mr Garbarek's sax, well,let's put it this way this cd accompanied me and my girlfriend across the Nulabore desert in 1989 along with the Cowboy Junkies Trinity Sessions. We were engaged by the time we got to Adelaide. We've been married 20 years now. This album i will treasure all my life it's amazing.

This Is the Sea [Remastered & Expanded Version]
This Is the Sea [Remastered & Expanded Version]
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning Album, 7 Jan 2008
This album blew me away when it first came out.The sweeping intro,the very mysterious and beautiful Pan Within,is just waiting for someone to sample that piano riff.The two rockers Be My Enemy & Medicine Bow are both electrifyingly bold and took the Waterboys into a brand new league.While the piano led Old England is as true now as it was then.And i havn't even mentioned the title track.The previous albums were blue prints for this Beautiful album full of mystery,fantasy,and hope.
They don't make albums like this anymore..... sadly.

Last Days [DVD]
Last Days [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Pitt

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disapointed, 17 May 2006
This review is from: Last Days [DVD] (DVD)
Please don't get me wrong,I'm quite into arty films. I enjoy long silent shots at beautiful scenery, even long silent shots at people's faces. But i completely missed the point at this movie. Long silent shots at a bush, after watching Blake (Kurt)stumble around the place in a totally stoned state was quite painful and boring to watch. I had absolutley no feelings whatsoever for the main character. Infact for the last 30 mins. of the film i watched it in fast mode! However, there is one good thing about the movie.............the songs running through it. Especially the last vocal track as the credits are runnig.But i missed who it was.Any ideas?