Profile for Jean > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Last Voyage of the Valentina
Last Voyage of the Valentina

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this enchanting story, 21 Nov 2014
I really like Santa Montefiore's books. This did not disappoint, I could not put it down. Though the outcome is no surprise, I loved peeling back the layers of the story. What's not to like about a beautiful girl, a country house and Amalfi?

The Beach Cafe
The Beach Cafe

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, a sweet story., 16 Nov 2014
This review is from: The Beach Cafe (Kindle Edition)
Lovely light read, a bit unbelievable in parts....who would harbour a runaway teenager without contacting the authorities? But none the less a sweet, light story.

Woodluv Natural Seagrass Storage Trunk Linen Laundary Storage Basket - Medium
Woodluv Natural Seagrass Storage Trunk Linen Laundary Storage Basket - Medium
Offered by SelectiveGoods

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend., 23 Oct 2014
I am delighted with my purchase of three of these. They are to provide storage for resources at our Children's Church. They are commodious and attractive as well as being quite sturdy. Delivery was efficient and packaging excellent. Highly recommend.

The One Plus One
The One Plus One

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book I've read in ages!, 16 Aug 2014
This review is from: The One Plus One (Kindle Edition)
A beautiful book, beautifully written. A real tear jerker with lots of happy, funny bits. I fell in love with Jess and her quirky family and mad dog. I could not put it down, just brilliant

The J.M. Barrie Ladies' Swimming Society
The J.M. Barrie Ladies' Swimming Society

5.0 out of 5 stars A heartwarming story of friendship and relationships., 12 Aug 2014
Some of the other reviewers found the book shallow.....I loved it. A warm, cuddly story. The JM Barrie connection adds interest. I felt drawn to the characters and enjoyed watching Joey and Sarah rekindle their friendship and each discovering their own foibles as well as one another's. Just lovely and well written.

Corduroy (A rural trilogy Book 1)
Corduroy (A rural trilogy Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely book which harks back to a different age., 12 July 2014
I loved this book and look forward to reading the other two in the trilogy. It reminds me of my childhood in the Lake District in the 1950s when farming was so different to how it is now. Beautifully written and a surprisingly easy read. Just lovely.

Martha's Vineyard
Martha's Vineyard

4.0 out of 5 stars A ripping yarn...., 1 May 2014
This review is from: Martha's Vineyard (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this story though agree with other reviewers that it is quite amateurish in places. As a retired teacher I felt red pen moments. The grammar and punctuation leave a lot to be desired in places but I am so glad I persevered as it is a splendid story. I felt transported to Greece and loved the beautifully drawn characters. It certainly will make an excellent holiday read. I have downloaded Neil's second book and will look forward to reading it.

LARGE CANVAS ART VAN GOGH SUNFLOWERS 30 X 20 INCHES READY TO HANG by CANVAS INTERIORS
Offered by Dartmoor Prints and Gifts ™

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective and stylish, 17 April 2014
I have always been a fan of Van Gough's Sunflowers and wanted this to finish a guest room . It is very effective in a yellow bedroom. The canvas is good quality and was easy to hang. Really good value for money. My only criticism is that the canvas could be a little tighter.

Traditional Wooden Dolly Pegs
Traditional Wooden Dolly Pegs
Offered by Online-Trend

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 17 April 2014
I bought these for a craft activity with a children's group. They arrived quickly and were perfect for the purpose. I have some left over which I will use for pegging out the washing!

Martha Tapestry Cushion Cover 60x60cm (24inch)
Martha Tapestry Cushion Cover 60x60cm (24inch)

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish cover., 17 April 2014
I have several of these now. They are beautifully finished and add a touch of comfort to our leather sofas.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3