Profile for Jean > Reviews

Content by Jean

Jean (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Casting Off: Cazalet Chronicles Book 4 (The Cazalet Chronicle)
Casting Off: Cazalet Chronicles Book 4 (The Cazalet Chronicle)

5.0 out of 5 stars I am bereft!, 15 Sept. 2013
I cannot bear that I have finished the saga. I have come to know and love the Cazalets and their wider circle having read the four books in close succession. They are a modern classic, beautifully written with warmth and tenderness. Funny, insightful, poignant and utterly addictive. I cannot wait until the next one is published.

The Half-Life Of Hannah (Hannah series Book 1)
The Half-Life Of Hannah (Hannah series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 19 Aug. 2013
Such a brilliant story. Loved it from start to finish! Nick Alexander writes beautifully, from the heart. Totally believable characters.

A Winter's Tale
A Winter's Tale

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!, 3 July 2013
This review is from: A Winter's Tale (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this and was sorry to finish it. Having already read the other two in the series, I was only sorry I didn't read this first, though it didn't matter that much. Pure escapism!

The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry
The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't stop reading!, 15 May 2013
Harold can't stop walking; his journey of discovery is incredibly touching as he finally is at peace. A delightful read.

The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris
The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute delight!, 12 May 2013
A beautiful story with believable characters. The book is clever and funny with a warm glow like melted chocolate. It made me laugh, despite also being sad. I was very sorry to finish it.

Aprons and Silver Spoons: The heartwarming memoirs of a 1930s scullery maid
Aprons and Silver Spoons: The heartwarming memoirs of a 1930s scullery maid

5.0 out of 5 stars A delightful read!, 4 April 2013
The blurb said it was heartening and it most certainly was. A delightful book chronically a way of life that vanished with world war 2. Written with a huge sense of fun and a zest for life. Wonderful!

The Thread
The Thread

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book, 1 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Thread (Kindle Edition)
Victoria Hislop so obviously loves Greece. The book makes tough reading in parts but is full of warmth and love. I fell in love with the characters who are beautifully drawn. It is impossible not to fall in love with Thessoloniki also. I learnt a lot about modern Greek history of which I was entirely ignorant. A fabulous read.

The Kashmir Shawl
The Kashmir Shawl

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly beautiful book!, 6 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The Kashmir Shawl (Kindle Edition)
I could not stop reading this lovely story. I was utterly wrapped up in the lives of the characters and transported to Kashmir. The book is minutely researched and the people utterly believable. I favoured it and was sad to finish it.

All Teachers Great and Small: A memoir of lessons and life in the Yorkshire Dales
by Andy Seed

5.0 out of 5 stars All Teachers Great and Small, 29 July 2011
I could not put this book down! It is heartwarming, uplifting and very funny. Andy's love of children, nature and his family shines through on every page, he is a gifted writer. The book recalls a time when teachers taught children, not subjects...ah those were the days! I can't wait to read the sequel. Would make brilliant television.

Smiffy'S Costume Santa Velour Large
Smiffy'S Costume Santa Velour Large
Offered by Ray Online BIZ

4.0 out of 5 stars Santa Suit, 28 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Luxury Santa costume (Toy)
We needed a suit desperately to fulfil an engagement at a local Christmas Fair. It arrived promptly and is of good quality but ruined by having short trousers (just below the knee). Seems a bit skimpy in what is otherwise a lovely product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3