Profile for Jean > Reviews

Content by Jean

Jean (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
All Change: Cazalet Chronicles Book 5 (The Cazalet Chronicle)
All Change: Cazalet Chronicles Book 5 (The Cazalet Chronicle)
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars So sad to have finished!, 1 Mar 2014
I have just finished this, the last of the Cazalet saga. It is like saying goodbye to old friends. I could not stop reading even though I wanted to savour this, the final book. I haven't enjoyed any books so much for a very long time. Just devastated that there will be no more, I would have loved to follow the next generation growing up.

Wish Upon a Star
Wish Upon a Star
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A heartstrings story, 31 Dec 2013
This review is from: Wish Upon a Star (Kindle Edition)
Another lovely tale from Trisha Ashley. Beautifully written and very touching. I feel as if I know the good folk of Sticklepond!

Christmas at Tiffany's
Christmas at Tiffany's
Price: 3.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Just lovely!, 15 Dec 2013
I wasn't sure if I could get into this book but am so glad I did. A lovely romp through love, friendship, loyalty and fun. A delight.

These Wonderful Rumours!: A Young Schoolteacher's Wartime Diaries
These Wonderful Rumours!: A Young Schoolteacher's Wartime Diaries
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read, 24 Nov 2013
I found this book fascinating, recalling my mother's tales of her war. She was a similar age to May and somehow it brought back her stories. Having spent a lifetime in teaching I found May's diary riveting. She was obviously a feisty character and her words are powerful and humorous. I was sorry to reach the end.

Eating for England: The Delights and Eccentricities of the British at Table
Eating for England: The Delights and Eccentricities of the British at Table
Price: 4.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly scrumptious, 29 Oct 2013
A wonderfully evocative journey through the food of my childhood. Nigel is warm, sweet and very funny. An excellent read for everyone who enjoys eating!

Casting Off: Cazalet Chronicles Book 4 (The Cazalet Chronicle 4)
Casting Off: Cazalet Chronicles Book 4 (The Cazalet Chronicle 4)
Price: 3.59

5.0 out of 5 stars I am bereft!, 15 Sep 2013
I cannot bear that I have finished the saga. I have come to know and love the Cazalets and their wider circle having read the four books in close succession. They are a modern classic, beautifully written with warmth and tenderness. Funny, insightful, poignant and utterly addictive. I cannot wait until the next one is published.

The Half-Life Of Hannah
The Half-Life Of Hannah
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 19 Aug 2013
Such a brilliant story. Loved it from start to finish! Nick Alexander writes beautifully, from the heart. Totally believable characters.

A Winter's Tale
A Winter's Tale
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!, 3 July 2013
This review is from: A Winter's Tale (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this and was sorry to finish it. Having already read the other two in the series, I was only sorry I didn't read this first, though it didn't matter that much. Pure escapism!

The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry
The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't stop reading!, 15 May 2013
Harold can't stop walking; his journey of discovery is incredibly touching as he finally is at peace. A delightful read.

The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris
The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris
Price: 3.59

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute delight!, 12 May 2013
A beautiful story with believable characters. The book is clever and funny with a warm glow like melted chocolate. It made me laugh, despite also being sad. I was very sorry to finish it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3