Profile for B. A. Baker > Reviews

Content by B. A. Baker

B. A. Baker (Surrey, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Apple iPad 2 16GB (Black, Wi-Fi Only) - Genuine UK Stock
Apple iPad 2 16GB (Black, Wi-Fi Only) - Genuine UK Stock
Offered by Atlantix Sales
Price: 265.00

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad I bought it, 28 Oct 2012
I have never had an Apple product before, and feeling that I deserved at least one before I die (I am nearly 80) thought I would spend some of the kids inheritance and treat myself. I am so glad that I did. If my house was burning down I would simply pick up my iPad and run! News, books, games, emails, photos, there is so much and it is so easy to use. I love, love, love it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 13, 2013 10:27 AM GMT

All-Green 6 Litre Biobag Compostable Kitchen Caddy Liners Food Waste Bin Liners, 150 Bags
Price: 10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, 28 Oct 2012
These little bags are perfect for my council supplied kitchen food waste bin. They arrived promptly, perfectly, I.e. not too elaborately, packed.

Picturing Imperial Power: Colonial Subjects in Eighteenth-century British Painting
by Beth Fowkes Tobin
Price: 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Most enlightening, 25 Jan 2012
A very useful and entertaining book for anyone studying or interested in the colonial period. It would have been lovely if it had included some colour illustrations but it does include many in black and white and is very inspirational in inspiring you to hunt out the originals and understand the images.

Highlander Zing Daysack - Black, 20 Litres
Highlander Zing Daysack - Black, 20 Litres
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value, 25 Jan 2012
This review is from: Highlander Zing Daysack (Sports)
I bought this as a present for my daughter who as a market research interviewer has to carry her laptop and papers from door to door. She was very pleased, it is just the right size.

Cacherel Eden Eau de Parfum Spray 30 ml
Cacherel Eden Eau de Parfum Spray 30 ml
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Signature perfume, 19 Dec 2011
I have used Eden now for several years and it is often noticed and admired. It also seems to stay fresh and attractive for ages, you can pick up a sweater you haven't worn for a week and then think as you put it on - Ooooh that smells nice!

Gilda  FLEXY 4 - PURPLE COTTON Luxury Deep 6 inch Foam Comfort Fold Out Chair Bed Hard Wearing 100% Cotton Fabric. Reversible. Removable Cover
Gilda FLEXY 4 - PURPLE COTTON Luxury Deep 6 inch Foam Comfort Fold Out Chair Bed Hard Wearing 100% Cotton Fabric. Reversible. Removable Cover

3.0 out of 5 stars Very basic., 19 Dec 2011
This is light and easily stored, and OK if you don't want a visitor to stay very long. I have already had to buy a supplementary foam extra as it feels almost as hard as sleeping just on the floor.

Boy Racer
Boy Racer
by Mark Cavendish
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Much more entertaining than most sports bios, 13 Nov 2011
This review is from: Boy Racer (Paperback)
This is gripping from the very first page, and gives great insight into the life of pro cyclist. Mark can be a real pain and makes no secret of the fact, but he is hard working, fun to be with, and loveable too. I have recommended this book to many people and everyone has enjoyed it.

Rivers of London
Rivers of London
by Ben Aaronovitch
Price: 11.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshingly different, 11 Oct 2011
This review is from: Rivers of London (Hardcover)
If someone had told me the plot I might well have thought it wasn't for me, but having just sort of stumbled across it whilst looking for a decent crime story, in fact it had me hooked. Lively, well written, and absorbing, I loved it.

Naked
Naked
by David Sedaris
Price: 6.99

2.0 out of 5 stars I just don't get it, 30 Mar 2011
This review is from: Naked (Paperback)
I bought this because someone said it was one of the funniest books they had ever read, but I guess humour is personal thing and I didn't find it funny at all. Perhaps if you find Seinfield funny, this is the book for you - he is another American humorist who just baffles me. It is now sitting on my bookshelf silently reproaching me and making me feel inadequate and humourless, bit of a bummer actually.

Wii Fit Plus - Game Only (Wii)
Wii Fit Plus - Game Only (Wii)
Offered by Clearance Game Deals
Price: 3.30

5.0 out of 5 stars More Wii Fit Fun, 28 Oct 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
If you have got a bit bored with your Wii Fit this is an ideal add-on. There are some cracking new activities and because it loads the original games at the same time you don't have to swap discs around.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3