Profile for PinkAmethyst > Reviews

PinkAmethyst

Not Quite a Geordie – The Autobiography of Geordie Shore’s Holly Hagan
Not Quite a Geordie – The Autobiography of Geordie Shore’s Holly Hagan

2.0 out of 5 stars A little boring, 7 Oct 2014
I was looking forward to this book and pre ordered, I normally love celeb autobiographies and read most of them but found this a bit boring,its like she didn't have much to say perhaps its cos she's so young. I skimmed the last few chapters, couldn't wait to finish

Close Up: The Autobiography
Close Up: The Autobiography

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 7 Oct 2014
I enjoyed it

NOW That's What I Call 90s Dance
NOW That's What I Call 90s Dance

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 2 Nov 2012
I love 90s dance music, there's some proper classics on this compilation, was really excited to see this was out to buy and ordered it on release date, I can see myself listening to it loads, however I do think disc 2 isn't as good as 1 and 3 but definitely worth buying for the amount of great tunes on it! My favourite! :-) xx

The Only Way is Essex: Official Guide to Living Life the Essex Way
The Only Way is Essex: Official Guide to Living Life the Essex Way
by Alex Hines

2.0 out of 5 stars Bit disappointing..., 5 April 2011
It seems to be mostly photos, I'd say around 60-70% maybe, they aren't very exciting ones either, as they are 3-4 different events, some from the Bollywood night, some from the fight, some taken for publicity photos for ITV show, maybe a couple of others added in. Also quite a few of the girl band (which I'm not really that keen on seeing so many of, plus they are wearing the same outfit in every photo.) If it was going to be made up of so many photos it would have helped to have varied it a bit, different locations, different outfits etc...

It seems like perhaps it was put together quickly, not much thought into it. I do like the writing though, would have liked to have had more of that in it.

I don't want to leave a bad review as I am a big fan of the show, but this was a bit disappointing...

Anyone else feel the same?

Original Gangster: The Rise and Fall of the Original Billionaire Heroin Dealer
Original Gangster: The Rise and Fall of the Original Billionaire Heroin Dealer
by Frank Lucas

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 16 Aug 2010
I have nearly finished this book, and so far I have really enjoyed it. I saw the film American Gangster when it came out at the cinema but this book covers much more of Frank's life than what was shown in the film. It keeps you gripped to reading it (not boring). It has to be one of the most interesting autobiographies I have read in a while, he really has had an action filled life!

I would definitely recommend reading it!