Profile for Mrs Betty May > Reviews

Content by Mrs Betty May

Mrs Betty May (NORTHAMPTON, Northants, GB)

Shoah (OmU, 4 DVDs)
Shoah (OmU, 4 DVDs)
Dvd ~ Simon Srebnik
Offered by The Book Depository Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars So moving and sometimes painful to watch and listen to the accounts of suffering ..., 25 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Shoah (OmU, 4 DVDs) (DVD)
So moving and sometimes painful to watch and listen to the accounts of suffering and humiliation. A superbly made documentary handled with great sensitivity and empathy by the interviewers. I bought this so that my grandchildren can watch it one day. This terrible story must be handed on and never forgotten.

1974-1979
1974-1979

5.0 out of 5 stars ... spent the entire afternoon listening to all of this amazing box set, 25 Mar. 2015
This review is from: 1974-1979 (Audio CD)
Today I spent the entire afternoon listening to all of this amazing box set. Loved every track, some of which I'd never heard before. The Bee Gees have been a big part of the soundtrack for most of my life and I'm so glad I bought this set.

Wimbledon: Official 2013 Gentlemen's Final - Novak Djokovic vs Andy Murray - Double DVD: The Complete Final [DVD]
Offered by Good Guys Media

5.0 out of 5 stars Andy Murray Takes His Place in British History, 11 July 2013
It would be pointless waiting to review this when it finally gets released because I know it is one of the best matches I've ever seen at Wimbledon. Of course I've pre-ordered it. It's not only for the fact that the long wait for a new Male Singles Champ is finally over, it's because, through all the bad press and public back stabbing of this highly talented and motivated young man, I've been a loyal fan for 8 years and I always knew he would get there when he started believing in himself. The past year has proved I was right and Wimbledon was the icing on the cake. He will win more grandslams, but this is the piece of history I want to own, to enjoy over again and to leave for my grandchildren to appreciate. It's a must buy for any tennis fan who loves this sport as much as I do.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 27, 2013 12:19 AM BST

Alfie - The Bring Him Home Tour [DVD]
Alfie - The Bring Him Home Tour [DVD]
Dvd ~ Alfie Boe

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Alfie, 25 Jan. 2012
I saw Alfie Boe on tour last night and thought this man is a fantastic allround entertainer. I've seen him in Les Mis & La Boheme so I know he is a wonderful singer and actor. He was so relaxed, chatting with the musicians and the audience and could probably earn a living as a stand-up comedian. He sang Led Zeppelin and of course loads of show tunes and to cap it all, played the drums at the end of the night. So glad I got the tickets to see him in concert and can't wait for the dvd, which I'm about to pre-order. A wonderful talent.

Caught In The Act [CD + DVD]
Caught In The Act [CD + DVD]
Offered by Side Two

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Showman, 21 April 2010
I cant believe I've got all this for such a low price. I saw some of this concert on the biography channel and just had to have it. I couldn't make it to see Michael in concert this year but this has gone a long way to compensating for that. I just love the guy since I first saw him on Parkinson when he was just starting out. He has developed into the greatest performer of this genre in the present day and reminds me so much of the late wonderful Bobby Darin. Warm, wonderful performance and a must for all Buble fans.