Profile for Mr. S. Mamtora > Reviews

Content by Mr. S. Mamtora

Mr. S. Mamtora

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Anker® 24W Dual-Port USB Car Charger with PowerIQ™ technology and Apple MFi Certified 3ft / 0.9m Lightning™ to USB Cable

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive quality and works great, 15 Aug 2014
I am very impressed with the quality of this kit. It includes everything you need to charge your apple lightening device in your car. Also bear in mind that even though by purchasing this kit you are most likely to own an apple device (iPhone 5 onwards due to the lightening connection, prior to this is the 30 pin connector), you can actually charge any device as there are 2 universal charging USB ports in the in car charger. Some products have a cable coming straight out of the car charger and straight into the iPhone. Anker offers an improved solution here - this means that your friends can charge their devices/you can charge other devices you own. Additionally, it means that if there is damage to the cable for any reason you can just replace the cable with another one that you have. Furthermore it allows you to use the cable for other purposes - with wall chargers and also to sync with your computer. I can confirm that this cable allows for flawless syncing to iTunes comparable with the apple genuine cable. This is a problem that I had with a cable that I purchased in Bangkok so it is reassuring to see that the cable passes this test for me.

With regards to the actual feel of the product - it is pretty good. The finish of the charger is quite glossy and by nature this means that it attracts fingerprints. This is not ideal but not a dealbreaker at all. On the contrary, I previously used a tomtom in car charger which I thought was good (with 1 'fast charge port'). That had a matte finish and felt quite cheap. The anker feels of good quality and also has 2 'fast charge' IQ ports. You will be familiar with this terminology if you own any other anker products. It basically means that the chip inside automatically recognises the absolute maximum speed that your device can charge at. This results in faster charging speed and less risk of damage due to inappropriate current/voltages being fed to the device.

I have had previous car chargers that make a hissing sound through the stereo at high speeds and drain the battery when using gps. I can confirm that this product does not do that. It feels very robust and well made. The lightening cable feels like it could withstand a lot of abuse, probably more so than the original cable. I am very pleased with the set of products and buy purchasing them together you make a small saving too. I have been using this product for a few days now and it also doesn't stick out half as much as my old one did. The ports are forward facing meaning that they are very accessible.

I would definitely recommend this if you use gps through your phone in the car! 2 ports is great as well :) This is without a doubt a 5* product and I wouldn't hesitate in recommending it. Will upload a video review shortly.

Anker® 2.5 Inch USB 3.0 Hard Drive Disk External Enclosure Case for 9.5mm & 7mm 2.5" SATA HDD and SSD

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid and speedy, 18 July 2014
I got this product to use with a Samsung 250GB Evo SSD. I was previously using it with a usb 2 hub and am THRILLED! There is no point in using an ssd in an external enclosure unless it is USB3. I approve of how anker has adopted the latest standards and is also using the latest generation of micro usb cable which is nice to see.

The product worked perfectly for me on my macbook pro retina display 13" and also on my windows machine flawlessly. There is a red light which flashes to indicate data transfer.

If you want to have a super fast external hard drive without paying a premium, pair this with an ssd for a winning combination. The build quality is adequate albeit plastic but seems sturdy. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending it. The customer service from anker in my experience has also been good which encourages me in purchasing such items. (I would recommend samsung SSD they are good too)

Anker® New Laptop Battery for Apple A1322 A1278 (2009 2010 2011 Version) Unibody MacBook Pro 13'', fits 661-5557 661-5229 MB990LL/A MB991LL/A+Two Free Screwdrivers - 18 Months Warranty [Li-Polymer 6-cell 5800mAh/64Wh]

5.0 out of 5 stars Solved all my problems, 1 Jun 2014
This product is truly excellent. I was having major issues with my macbook pro 13 inch 2011 and the battery was expanding. This caused the trackpad to become non functional as well as meaning I could only use my laptop when it was plugged in.

When i went to the apple store I was quoted well over 100£ for the replacement which seemed crazy. For 50£ here you can get a great package. I would fully recommend it. Installation is incredibly easy and screwdrivers etc are provided. Installation is much simpler than you would have thought - I chose to watch a youtube video beforehand just to make myself feel more at ease. I would recommend protecting against static damage although I did not.

So far so good - I can use my laptop without being plugged in, my trackpad works again and all those battery critical service etc messages have gone! Thanks again Anker!

[Magnetically Attached] Anker® Pull-Apart Case for iPhone 5C Cover Combo with Built-In Stand - Slim Hard Case + Synthetic-Leather Cover, Double-Layer Protective Folio-Style (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive and good value, 18 May 2014
So when I received this product on a Sunday I was firstly very impressed that I was getting a Sunday delivery!!!
So now let's get to the real deal - the product is great. It comes with a load of little things which makes your life easy. It came with a screen protector which is useful as I didn't have one already. The case itself is quite stylish and the packaging is of a high quality.

This item is something new and different for me. In past I have used few different flip cases but nothing like this one.
Best part of this case/cover is that both case and cover are magnetically attached to each other. It can be used either as a case itself or by attaching cover to it. Secondly, it is made out of a great material. Texture on the cover feels really good and non-slippery. There is no way your phone would slip out of your hands while using this case. Another great feature about this case/cover combo is that it can be used as a multiangle stand to watch your favorite videos or movies without holding it in your hands. I found this particularly useful on trains because then I don't need to hold the phone all the time and I can watch my netflix with ease.

For the price it is great - not many high quality iPhone cases are < 15£ let alone 6.99!!

Overall, this case is worth every penny spent. You won't be disappointed with this.

If you are looking for the best protecting and decent looking Iphone 5C case, this is highly recommended. I have also added a video review for this case.

Infection: Microbiology and Management
Infection: Microbiology and Management
by Barbara Bannister

4.0 out of 5 stars too much info, 4 May 2014
more than needed for the undergraduate but it was ultra cheap - 5£ or something! would recommend it more as a reference than anything else

[All Smart Ports Upgrade] Anker® 2nd Gen Astro3 12000mAh (4A Output) Portable Charger Triple USB External Battery Pack with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, iPad Air, mini, Galaxy S5, S4, S3, Note 3, Galaxy Tab 4, 3, 2, Pro, Nexus 4, 5, 7, 10, HTC One, One 2 (M8), PS Vita, Gopro, and other Smartphones and Tablets

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 4 May 2014
has saved me so many times now and i LOVE this product. never fails me and charges quite quickly too. would buy again!

Anker® 40W 5-Port Family-Sized Desktop USB Wall Charger with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, iPad Air, Mini, Galaxy S5, S4, S3, Note 3, 3, Tab 4, 3, 2, Pro, HTC One (M8), Google Nexus 4, 5, 7, 10, External Battery, PS Vita, Gopro and more (White)
Offered by AnkerDirect

4.0 out of 5 stars EDIT disappointing after anker's usually good quality!, 3 May 2014
1 of the ports doesn't work - very disappointing as this is meant to be a replacement product anyway. See the video - it isn't all bad.

Anker contacted me and arranged a refund. I have now got a replacement product and it works great. Looks like the problems have been sorted out

Linksys 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch
Linksys 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch

5.0 out of 5 stars if u r da BOSSthen u buy linksys, 1 May 2014
it is cool and looks great. ultra high speed, increased the internet speed from 90 to 125 compared to a wired connection from apple airport express and that's what I waned. I am paying for the max after all and I need the speed in my industrial warehouses.

XCSOURCE® Black Wireless Qi Power Charger Pad + DC 5V Adapter For Nokia Lumia 920 , Lumia 820 and Google Nexus 4 Nexus 5 Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 S4 i9500 Note II N7100 Note3 N9000 N9005 HTC 8X , Droid DNA, LG DIL, LTE2 BC216K
Offered by XCSOURCE

5.0 out of 5 stars got as a bday present and they likedit, 1 May 2014
this is great if you hve a compatible device - maybe slower than a plug but this is to be expected. overall good. ebay may be cheaper for this kind of dodgy product?

Klipsch Image S4i Rugged In Ear Headphone - Red
Klipsch Image S4i Rugged In Ear Headphone - Red

4.0 out of 5 stars BOSS QUALITY and useful remote, 1 May 2014
I had a few comments from some chavs saying that my headphone remote was a freak but I ignored them. it is a good product and I always choose klipsch for the quality.

4* because the tips love to fall off and this puts you in a nightmare situation and you have to use the other tips which don't fit quite right or spend a fortune on the replacement buds. Overall greatthough and I would buy again - better than bose for half the price.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5