Profile for Paul Midgley > Reviews

Content by Paul Midgley

Paul Midgley "TenDown" (Leyland, Lancashire United Kingdom)

Blazing Saddles [1974] [DVD]
Blazing Saddles [1974] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Cleavon Little
Offered by EU ELECTRIC

5.0 out of 5 stars Blazing Saddles - best patrol movie, 15 Dec 2007
This review is from: Blazing Saddles [1974] [DVD] (DVD)
We had Blazing Saddles as a movie onboard our submarine back in the mid 80's. I think my watch must have seen it a dozen times, until the Control Room watch could recite any scene from it. It is brilliant. Doing the watch handover to the strains of "There was a sleepy town called Rock Ridge..." in the background was slightly surreal. Best line in the film, you almost miss it - "Bart! They said you was hung!" "And they was right...!"

Music in a Foreign Language
Music in a Foreign Language

5.0 out of 5 stars Mid-life crisis continued...., 1 July 2003
I have just been to see Lloyd in concert at the Comedy Store Manchester with a raft of his old college mates. The concert was an excellent advertisement for the new album - or would have been if we hadn't already been and got it! If anything, some of the tracks sounded even better live, especially My Other Life, and My Alibi. Lloyd joked about all his songs since the mid 80's being about mid-life crisis. Well now that we are all 42 the relevance may be more meaningful, but there's a poignancy about this album that sounds great on CD and outstanding on stage. Comments I heard after the gig were - "Outstanding musicianship," "Brilliantly crafted songs," - and, hey, its all here on this album. Buy it now!