Profile for C Me > Reviews

Content by C Me

C Me "OnlyMe Reviews" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
SLEEP SAFE, Standard PILLOW Encasement - 50x75 cm, bed bug, allergen, dust mite, ZipCover Pillow encasement
Offered by VisionBay, LLC

3.0 out of 5 stars Bed Bugs ?, 5 Oct. 2015
This is made of an interesting, non-woven fabric so dense it would almost certainly benefit anybody with allergies or general hygiene concerns. It's good quality, well made and durable with (in my opinion) a delightful "peach-skin" texture, not at all hot or rustly (they do recommend washing it before use). Aside from its protective qualities, it's firmed up and rejuvenated my ageing feather pillow, made it better than new. I'd be happy to have this against my skin, although in the end I put a pillow case over it. Purely for the luxuriousness and the fact that my pillow no longer makes me cough, I immediately ordered a square pillow encasement and the mattress one.

So much for allergies. I couldn't find any objective information regarding its efficacy as a bed bug barrier. No doubt that the fabric is dense enough.The zip does have a substantial baffle at the end to protect case it were to come undone a few notches, although the one I was sent did not have a locking zipper as advertised. But when the seams, which are overlocked but single seamed, are spread apart even gently, there are holes visible where the stitches puncture the dense fabric. I'm not an expert, and I will keep looking for objective test results on this - but my gut feeling is that although this might keep nasties OUT, it would be possible for bed bug nymphs to escape through these tiny holes, so I'm dubious of claims of "encasement".

So I have mixed feelings - as this was bought as a bed bug encasement. If this were not my main concern, I would be absolutely delighted with the quality, feel and luxury. But, sad to say, we do have a case of bed bugs brought in by my mum's agency carers, and I have to evaluate on the basis of that concern. I intend to email the company and ask for their views on this.

One other point regarding bed bugs - this took a relatively long time to dry in a hot dryer (hotter than recommended on the instructions). It didn't seem to suffer from the heat, but in bed bug management the ability to wash and dry quickly and is fairly key (... but, yes, I know you're not supposed to remove encasements in this situation anyway).

RealFoodSource Certified Organic Fine Coconut Flour (1kg)
RealFoodSource Certified Organic Fine Coconut Flour (1kg)
Offered by RealFoodSource Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars YUM., 15 Mar. 2015
OK, this is expensive - but if you're eating paleo, you're going to want to try coconut flour sooner or later. The good news is, this is a nice big bag (you could easily share it with a friend if trying for the first time), and it makes great pancakes. Right, now to try some other recipes!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 18, 2016 5:54 PM BST

LAMY Safari Red Fountain Pen Extra Fine Nib
LAMY Safari Red Fountain Pen Extra Fine Nib
Offered by Fairhurst Products

4.0 out of 5 stars I was just getting to like this ..., 15 Mar. 2015
I'm not normally a fountain pen user, but I was getting to like this. Unfortunately, so did the person who took it from my desk.

Command Mini Hooks and Strips - Clear
Command Mini Hooks and Strips - Clear

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 15 Mar. 2015
We had 4 of these on the side of our fridge. They were virtually invisible, looked great and worked so well we left them there - for about 6 years, but I imagine many people would do the same. When I came to take them off (according to the instructions), the strips tore on all of them, leaving the hooks firmly in place. The plastic of the sticky strips seemed to have deteriorated over that length of time, so that it broke on trying to remove it. Brilliant little hooks - but long term, you may find they are permanent.

Malloom® Soft Rubber TPU Case Cover Skin For Samsung Galaxy S5 I9600 (Elephants)
Offered by Malloom®

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice case, but -, 28 Nov. 2014
I like this, and would be tempted to buy other designs, except that at the bottom the design sheet is not fully incorporated into the gel case. On one corner it's fully exposed and will quickly break off or split in use. A pity, because the case is a better fit than my other, more expensive case, doesn't otherwise look or feel cheap, and has a nice glossy, rubbery texture that adds to grip without adding bulk.

4pcs Metal Ball Cake Decorating Sugarcraft Modelling Cutter
4pcs Metal Ball Cake Decorating Sugarcraft Modelling Cutter
Offered by Clest F&H

5.0 out of 5 stars A whole range of sizes., 29 Oct. 2014
There are only four of these, but with a different gauge ball at each end, you have a range of sizes useful for all sorts of crafting tasks. They're sturdy and well-made and for the price they're worth getting even if you're not sure what you'll use them for yet!

Ancol - Self Heating Pet Pad Cat/Dog Bed - Medium
Ancol - Self Heating Pet Pad Cat/Dog Bed - Medium
Offered by MEGA LIFE STORE

5.0 out of 5 stars Crinkly but nice, 29 Oct. 2014
This is oddly crinkly, but the cats seem to like it. The heat-reflecting part, similar to that silver foil stuff they wrap athletes in after a race, is inside a zipped, washable cover; I haven't tried washing the cover yet, I don't forsee any problems but can't comment on durability. One odd thing is that ours seems to reflect the heat through the "wrong" side - almost as if the reflective bit is facing the wrong way - but I daresay we could experiment with turning it over. While showing it to the cats I had it on my lap with the furry side upwards and my legs were getting awfully warm! It might even be nice for human feet at the bottom of the bed in winter .... In all I think it's rather expensive for what it is, but the cats like it so I might even buy another.

Official UK Mains Charger for Samsung Galaxy Tablet 10.1 " 8.9" Tab 2 P1000 P1010 N8000 from Gadget Direct
Offered by ELIPH Sales

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 29 Oct. 2014
I'm very happy with this: it came in a "proper" box, seems well made - and it works.

Ability Superstore Easy Grip Cup
Ability Superstore Easy Grip Cup
Offered by Henrich Hardware Ltd.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not fit for purpose., 29 Oct. 2014
I must disagree absolutely and categorically that any part of this product is either microwave or dishwasher safe. This was ordered in early September, and has been in use since the middle of that month; in that time, despite careful use the top and base of the clear plastic mug have become crazed with cracks up to 5cm or 6cm long, which of course is a hygiene risk. Far worse than that, this morning as I was making mum's tea one of the handles snapped off completely at the top, and on inspection the other was also seen to be about to detach in the same place. I'm very glad I noticed that before handing it to 91-year-old mum, filled with a hot drink.

The design of these narrow-spouted beakers is great for anybody who needs a beaker with more flow control than other types; however the spout is difficult to clean adequately and the beaker part seems to attract more than the average degree of grime, so ideally it would be nice to put it in the dishwasher occasionally for reasons of hygiene. However, from previous experience I know that the clear plastic is prone to thermal damage, so I always wash by hand now. In the case of this particular one, I think it might be OK for room temperature fluids - otherwise I'd advise making hot drinks in a separate container and decanting them into the beaker after allowing them to cool. Fine if you're doing it yourself, but not something you can expect carers to faff around with.

In short, while the design is great for anyone who has swallowing difficulties, this just wasn't fit for purpose. And at just over a month of use it wasn't cheap for a pensioner either. Maybe it was just part of a faulty batch - ?

Wolf Garten RGM Multi-Change Adjustable Fruit Picker
Wolf Garten RGM Multi-Change Adjustable Fruit Picker

4.0 out of 5 stars This was recommended to me by people who plant and maintain orchards, 24 Oct. 2014
This was recommended to me by people who plant and maintain orchards! We happened to have a compatible pole already - otherwise I think the longer one might have been better. 4/5 stars as it's a little tricky to use, and it's a bit on the small side for jumbo cooking apples - but, the integral blade is sharp and it works well for smaller apples and pears.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4