Profile for Marion Q > Reviews

Lilies : Complete BBC Series 1 [2007] [DVD]
Lilies : Complete BBC Series 1 [2007] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kerrie Hayes

5.0 out of 5 stars Lilies, 28 Jan 2010
This series was only shown in Australia a few months ago. I was entranced. The characters were so real and so right for the times. I felt real empathy with their problems and their joys. I felt the birth scene in the final episode was a little harrowing but probably realistic considering the lack of ante natal care and Iris learning her obstetrics from a book as she went along. All in all I thoroughly enjoyed Lilies and was sorry to see that the BBC had not commissioned a second series.

Robin Hood - Complete Series 3 Box Set [DVD]
Robin Hood - Complete Series 3 Box Set [DVD]
Dvd ~ Richard Armitage

5.0 out of 5 stars Robin Hood Series 3, 7 Oct 2009
This series has not been shown in Australia yet but I was anxious to see it so ordered a copy. I am enjoying the series but have to say it is not up to the standard of the previous two. If you don't try to take it seriously and just go with it , it's very entertaining. Richard Armitage is wonderful as usual ( prefer Guy with shorter hair) . There seems to be too much emphasis on the relationships between Robin, Kate, Isabella and Guy with the rest of the gang remaining in the background. I like Much and feel he has not been developed enough. All that aside it is good viewing and I like it very much.

Twenty Thousand Streets Under the Sky [DVD]
Twenty Thousand Streets Under the Sky [DVD]
Dvd ~ Simon Curtis
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Twenty Thousand Streets Under the Sky, 19 Jun 2009
I bought this DVD based on the reviews I read on Amazon. I was not disappointed. I thoroughly enjoyed the series which I had not seen before. I'm not sure if it has been shown here. I thought the characters were very believable and depicted true to the time the series was set in i.e. the Thirties. Ifelt sorry for Bob for the way Jenny used him , but also sorry for Jenny as she too was a victim of the time she lived in. Ella was not strong enough to tell Bob how she felt so lost out as well. The series was well written and left you wanting to know what happened. You really needed to sit and watch all three episodes at the one time. If you like period drama I would thoroughly recommend this one.

Magic
Magic
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical Singer, 30 Aug 2006
This review is from: Magic (Audio CD)
Hi.I live in Australia and not very many people know of this wonderful,magical singer.

His music takes me to another magical place.

His music can't be purchased in Australia so I purchase it from his website:[...]

and then I click on the menu choice called"shop".

You can do the same.