Profile for Patricia Leighton > Reviews

Content by Patricia Leighton

Patricia Leighton (Barrow Gurney, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Three Hands In The Fountain: (Falco 9)
Three Hands In The Fountain: (Falco 9)

4.0 out of 5 stars Another entertaining take, 10 May 2014
Enjoyed this offering of murder mystery from Lindsey Davis. The plot is well crafted and kept me engaged right to the end. Excellent fun.

Chanel CRISTALLE eau de toilette spray 60 ml
Chanel CRISTALLE eau de toilette spray 60 ml
Offered by CosmeticsHQ

5.0 out of 5 stars A Chanel Classic, 29 July 2013
As with any fragrance from Chanel, this product is made from the finest ingredients. It has always lasted well (out of direct sunlight) and doesn't go stale. Cristalle has a light, flowery perfume which suits me. They have also produced another light fragrance called Chance, which I also enjoy.

Hannibal: Fields of Blood (Hannibal 2)
Hannibal: Fields of Blood (Hannibal 2)
by Ben Kane

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Winner from Ben Kane, 19 July 2013
Whenever I buy a copy of Ben Kane's latest offering, I give myself chance to savour the thought of becoming deeply immersed in his world of Roman history and the characters which he brings so vividly to life. I think the reviewer 'Parm' has said everything (and more) that I could possibly think to say. I can only add that Ben Kane's books are on my list of 'must buy' books and I am so pleased that there will be a sequel to Fields of Blood - in the not too distant future, I hope. Whilst the subject matter is sometimes toe-curling bloody in the heat of battle, he depicts wonderfully well how life was, most probably, in the years BC. Roll on the sequel!

Walking in the Isles of Scilly: A Guide to Exploring the Islands (Cicerone Guide)
by Paddy Dillon

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little book, 26 Jun 2013
This is a super walking book for anyone who is new the Isles of Scilly. It certainly gave us some good pointers and guided walks to introduce us to the wonders of the islands. It doesn't take up a lot of storage space, so it will be with us on our return visits. I would recommend it.

Spartacus: Rebellion: (Spartacus 2)
Spartacus: Rebellion: (Spartacus 2)
by Ben Kane

5.0 out of 5 stars Spartacus - the sequel, 26 Jun 2013
I read this book some time ago and neglected to put in a big thumb's up for Rebellion. Ben Kane is honing his literary skills with every book he produces. The research that goes into each volume and the imagination and colour that he brings to every story makes the book difficult to put down. I would thoroughly recommend his work to any new reader, especially if you are a lover of historical fiction. Incidentally, his latest offering is Hannibal: Fields of Blood (June 2013).

Ladies Faux Fur Chilton Crown Hat-Glove-Twist Effect Scarf Winter Set Black
Ladies Faux Fur Chilton Crown Hat-Glove-Twist Effect Scarf Winter Set Black
Offered by Socks Uwear®

2.0 out of 5 stars Faux fur, 26 Jun 2013
I was very disappointed with this product for all kinds of reasons. The sizing was very odd, the styling quite unattractive and the quality of the fabric felt very cheap. I would not recomment this product.

What's Bred in the Bone
What's Bred in the Bone
by Robertson Davies

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 26 Jun 2013
Thoroughly enjoyed this book once I got into it. At first I wasn't sure, but then I became totally engaged with the main character. A moving tale.

Stain Devils Tea, Red Wine, Fruit & Juice
Stain Devils Tea, Red Wine, Fruit & Juice
Offered by Medideals

4.0 out of 5 stars Efficacious, 26 Jun 2013
A product which does what it says on the tin. It almost works like magic and doesn't harm the fabric.

Stain Devil No5 Cooking Oil&Fat 6561
Stain Devil No5 Cooking Oil&Fat 6561
Offered by A ONE SUPPLIERS

3.0 out of 5 stars Works quite well, 26 Jun 2013
OK for greasy marks, but sometimes takes a couple of goes to remove the grease. Otherwise, doesn't seem to damage the fabric.

Crystal Stone File
Crystal Stone File

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine nail shaper, 26 Jun 2013
This review is from: Crystal Stone File (Misc.)
A very useful nail shaping device which doesn't tear at the nails. Easy to use. Downside: it is brittle and will break in half if dropped on a hard surface (or if stepped on!).

Page: 1 | 2