Profile for Ms. S. E. Bruce > Reviews

Dvd ~ Julian Schnabel
Offered by A2Z Entertains
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lou Reed live DVD, 25 Dec 2009
What can I say? This is Lou Reed at his best! I've always loved Berlin but was never able to see Reed perform the entire set when I used to go to see him live, back in the '70s, when the album came out. I'm so glad I've finally gotten so see and hear the entire thing - a true classic!

Hoover Slalom Pets SL8123 Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner - 1200 Watt
Hoover Slalom Pets SL8123 Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner - 1200 Watt
Offered by No1Brands4You
Price: 110.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Pet Hairs, 25 Dec 2009
I bought this vacuum cleaner as it claims to be designed to pick up pet hairs; I have many cats and so it seemed to be exactly what I needed. However, although it started off okay, I found after the first couple of empties it ceased to pick up cat hairs. Everything else about it is good; easy to assemble and use, easy to clean but, despite thoroughly washing every part of it, it's still not picking up cat hairs so isn't performing the one function I wanted it for. It does pick up everything else so would probably work for someone with dogs or with just one or two cats, but I have 8 cats, most of which are either long-haired or semi-long haired so it doesn't work for me.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 15, 2013 11:25 AM BST

New York in the 1960s
New York in the 1960s

3.0 out of 5 stars 60's modern classic, 30 July 2007
This review is from: New York in the 1960s (Audio CD)
This is a very strange album - very much experimental music and well ahead of it's time. I only gave it 3 stars simply because, try as I might, I just can't get into Sun Blindness Music (which might appeal to those who like Reed's "Metal Machine Music" which came out around 20 years later - like that, I think you need to be in the right mood to listen to it). However, the rest of the music is fantastic and would certainly appeal to those who follow modern classical composers today (Glass, Reich etc.). See how it all started...