Profile for AJC87 > Reviews

LADIES LOW HEEL PEEP TOE DIAMANTE EVENING WEDDING PARTY SANDALS UK SIZE 3-8
LADIES LOW HEEL PEEP TOE DIAMANTE EVENING WEDDING PARTY SANDALS UK SIZE 3-8
Offered by shoebliss

1.0 out of 5 stars Shocking!, 15 May 2014
Very poor quality, staining and markings on the shoe - not what i expected from a "new in box" item! Will be returning and claiming a refund

Leckie - H CHEMISTRY SUCCESS GUIDE
Leckie - H CHEMISTRY SUCCESS GUIDE
by Maria D'Arcy Laura Gordon
Price: 8.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Great study guide!, 4 Jan 2012
This book is in a far more easy to read format than the usual textbook. it also has useful pointers and helpful hints! It helped me get fast a few major sticking points in my revision, and is also a handy size to study on the go!

How to Pass Higher Human Biology Colour Edition (How To Pass - Higher Level)
How to Pass Higher Human Biology Colour Edition (How To Pass - Higher Level)
by Harry Hoey
Price: 10.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Great help in the run up to my exams!, 4 Jan 2012
This book basically summarises the huge textbook used for higher human biology. It makes it much easier to read and study on the go and the information is in an easy to read format with useful pointers on what you need to know. Would reccomend to anyone studying for their exams!

Dogs (Home Reference Library)
Dogs (Home Reference Library)
by Paul D. McGreevy

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what i expected, 4 Jan 2012
I purchased this book expecting it to be much larger than it was. The tiny size of it made me think it would be more appropriate for a child than for someone like myself who is interested in animals and their behaviour. I have read other books by this author which were far superior and more detailed.

Ill Effects: The Media Violence Debate (Communication and Society)
Ill Effects: The Media Violence Debate (Communication and Society)
by Martin Barker

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected/was looking for!, 4 Jan 2012
I purchased this book as part of my Uni reading list, and found it completly useless for what I required it for. I was looking for facts and statistics, objective arguements on the topic .. however this book seems to be completely the author's own opinions and point of view. Maybe for different circumstances the book would be fine, but definitely didnt help me with my assignments

The Gift Knitter: Knitting Chunky for Babies with Four Legs and Two
The Gift Knitter: Knitting Chunky for Babies with Four Legs and Two
by Tara Jon Manning

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute gift for anyone who likes knitting and dogs!, 4 Jan 2012
I bought this book for my mum's christmas as she loves knitting for babies, and has recently also started knitting dog jumpers. The gift was ideal for her and she loved it, but more for the novelty value than the quality of the patterns. As previous reviews mentioned there is much of the same patterns with slight modifications to them. Still a great stocking filler/small gift for what I wanted

A Modern Dog's Life: How to Do the Best for Your Dog
A Modern Dog's Life: How to Do the Best for Your Dog
by Paul McGreevy
Price: 9.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, highly recommended!!, 4 Jan 2012
This book has been great! I'm interest in animal behaviour so have read many similar books, a lot of them have been too complicated or technical and I have got bored a few pages in! This book however has the same quality of information in regards to what you would learn from it, but put forward in a much more user friedly way which keeps you interested and wanting to read more. I will be buying other books by this author.

A Friend Like Henry
A Friend Like Henry
by Nuala Gardner

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart Breaking and Heart Warming at the same time!, 31 Aug 2011
This review is from: A Friend Like Henry (Hardcover)
I picked up this book initially because of my love of dogs and interest in their work as therapy/assistance dogs. I had no knowledge of Autism or the impact this disability could have on a family. I am now so glad I came across the book by chance.
The struggle Naula Gardner faced raising her son was unbelievable, and the lack of support available was disgraceful .. I really hope her hard work and writing has helped to make the path easier for other people in the same position.
For most of the book my heart was aching for this family, it really does provoke emotion and empathy from the reader.
When Henry appeared in the story however my heart lifted and my already overwhelming admiration for the canine species grew to another level!
Excellent read, it will make you laugh at some of the antics described, and cry unconsolably at other points .. Highly recommended!