Profile for Ed Flack > Reviews

Content by Ed Flack

Ed Flack

Page: 1 | 2
Monsters (Sword of Woden Book 3)
Monsters (Sword of Woden Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Worthy end to a great trilogy, 30 Jan. 2014
I have just finished this, the third in the Beowulf trilogy, and have to say that it was a fitting end to what was a great trilogy of books. Now I have never been one to go looking for historical/fantasy dramas and in all honesty I am not sure why I decided to give this a try but I am SO pleased that I did. The characterisations began strongly and continued that way with layer after layer of detail being added chapter after chapter, book after book, so in the end I felt like I had known most of them throughout their entire odyssey - which I suppose I had!
Mr. Mays style of writing is precise but he manages to balance his writing of historical detail with a well paced storyline so that I never got bogged down.
True, the names can take a bit of mental somersaulting but you find yourself extremely well rewarded for the effort!

Nephrim (Liss Erotic Short)
Nephrim (Liss Erotic Short)

4.0 out of 5 stars Steamy snack, 5 Jan. 2014
This is a little taster of Jessie's style. A steamy romp, well written. Don't be fooled into thinking this is her only forte though as she is an accomplished story teller. Have a look at one of her full length sories and find out for yourself.

George Cole - The World Was My Lobster: The Autobiography
George Cole - The World Was My Lobster: The Autobiography

1.0 out of 5 stars Hugely disappointing, 22 Dec. 2013
I was really looking forward to this - 70 years in the business - must be brim full of anecdotes I thought but no. This is an autobiography which plods along and reads like a bibliography. I respect George's rights to privacy but if you are going to charge for your life story you owe the reader a duty to at least let a few interesting tidbits out about yourself. The actual book (kindle edition)ends at 66% (thankfully) the rest is an extensive film and play list which in truth you can get from the net. Unless you are desperate for an autobiography I would suggest almost anything else.

Hot Options
Hot Options

5.0 out of 5 stars Hign jinx in high finance, 20 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Hot Options (Kindle Edition)
Jessie M has certainly done her homework when it comes to the shadier side of high finance. The two main characters fit like a glove (very often almost literally) and lead us through a highly charged tale of love, lust and money. It's a fun read with great description of the world of money markets and has a fair amount of passion (very well written) thrown in for good measure.
Well worth a try.

Eighteen Summers ~ An Erotic Vampire Romance (Immortal fire Book 1)
Eighteen Summers ~ An Erotic Vampire Romance (Immortal fire Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 20 Dec. 2013
OK so its not quite Dracula but this is a very good tale, well written with characters they I warmed to immediately. Anyone that has had an 18 old daughter will know that Cali ticks all the boxes when it comes to mood swings! My experience doesn't run to 1500 or even 500 year old vampires but you get just the right degree of dark menace from Raffaele.
The plot gallops along at great pace with a hint of spice along the way. All in all I thoroughly enjoyed the story and will certainly be going onto number two in the trilogy.

Wilson Prostaff Carry Bag - Black/Yellow
Wilson Prostaff Carry Bag - Black/Yellow

4.0 out of 5 stars Good bag, 14 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Wilson Prostaff Carry Bag (Sports)
Well made bag which fits well on my trolley or can be carried without too much fuss.
Not the lightest but has loads of space for bits and pieces. Would recommend.

Soul Identity
Soul Identity

2.0 out of 5 stars Good idea - badly written, 14 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Soul Identity (Kindle Edition)
The idea for this book is good. It is badly let down however by an amateurish almost child like writing style. The author tries the DaVinci Code route (aiming a bit low?) but falls well short. The characters are not particularly believable and lack realism.
It was free though.......

Wraecca (Sword of Woden Book 2)
Wraecca (Sword of Woden Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another dose of a first class yarn, 12 Oct. 2013
This follows on nicely from C.R. Mays debut offering and takes us a bit further along the trail with Beowulf and his family. It continues to grip and is an easy read offering plenty of detail interlaced with a healthy portion of action. The characters are rich and the scenes vivid. Don't try reading this without having first read part one though or you will struggle with who is who and to whom!
All in all another fun read and looking forward to part 3!

Fox 40 Sonik Blast CMG Whistle-Lanyard Referee-Coach-Outdoor-Dog-Safety-Orange
Fox 40 Sonik Blast CMG Whistle-Lanyard Referee-Coach-Outdoor-Dog-Safety-Orange
Offered by US-ZINC

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant whistle, 9 May 2013
Really loud clear whistle - made its debut at the Emirates stadium and could be heard clearly all around the ground.

Sorrow Hill (Beowulf~Sword of Woden 1)
Sorrow Hill (Beowulf~Sword of Woden 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic debut, 28 Mar. 2013
I have read quite a few first time novels via kindle but I have to say that the style of prose used by C.R. May is so much better than normal debut novels. His story is well paced and wonderfully descriptive but most of all he knows how to tell a damn good yarn. I knew very little of the Beowulf legend prior to picking up this book but I loved the characters. So for all lovers of history/legend/fantasy this is a must read. For everyone else who, like me, normally steer clear of this genre - give it a try - you wont be disappointed.

Page: 1 | 2