Profile for peter thomas > Reviews

Content by peter thomas

peter thomas "Peter" (London England UK)

Quest For Fire [DVD]
Quest For Fire [DVD]
Dvd ~ Everett Mcgill
Offered by RX dvds **worldwide delivery available**
Price: 11.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Quest For Fire, 11 April 2009
This review is from: Quest For Fire [DVD] (DVD)
This film was new to me and I had no idea what to expect .However I realy enjoyed it .As the title says it is all about fire and the struggle to have it for your tribe and to keep it burning and to stop other tribes from stealing your fire .I dont know if the events in the film are typical of the lives of our ancestors but they are beliveable .I did enjoy the various tribes with various stages of civilization that are shown living in that world .The film had a strong story ,though simple but I found it quite gritty.It also portrayed human emotions even humour.
All in all I enjoyed the film and am glad that I took a chance when I bought the film unknown as it was to me .
If you like the Clan Of The CaveBear style films you may like this film

One Million Years BC [DVD] [1966]
One Million Years BC [DVD] [1966]
Dvd ~ Raquel Welch
Price: 10.51

5.0 out of 5 stars One Million Years BC, 11 April 2009
This film is still as good as I remember it 43 years ago .Of course there have been many films in those years with better special effects and more engrossing story lines but this is still a great monster flick.I remembered watching this at the cinema when it first was released in 1966.It did make a feature of the special effects then with volcano erupting and the earth quake .I dont think this still stands up anymore in todays world with years of nature programes and news reels going everywhere in the world being shown on our tvs .However I still enjoyed this film very much .It has a very simple story to it .Of course it features the famous Raquel Wellch, who was the fascination of most young boys then for two obvious reasons that are still facinating to me 40 years on, and the scene in the cave with the apelike creature still gave me goosebumps and had me holding my breath.
So its still a good film worth revisiting and if you have never seen it but you know the style of the monsters then this has some realy good examples .I have always loved the flying dinosuar scene .So enjoy ,and if your a boy enjoy Miss Wellch .
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 26, 2011 11:33 PM BST