Profile for Shoozle > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Sennheiser HD201 Closed Dynamic Stereo headphones
Sennheiser HD201 Closed Dynamic Stereo headphones

2.0 out of 5 stars Sore ears, 3 Jun. 2016
Wish it was more comfortable, I get a small but quite irritable rash on my ears after 1+hour of use and can reach painful status after longer use.

Tearaway Unfolded (PS4)
Tearaway Unfolded (PS4)
Offered by TUFFskinz

2.0 out of 5 stars Visually beautiful and creative in both its presentation and controls but boring to play, 20 Nov. 2015
Visually beautiful and creative in both its presentation and controls but a very boring and often irritating game to play. I can see why people love this game but its not for me.

The confetti you collect throughout is used for unlocking new art designs such as noses for the main character, Iota, and camera features to solve objectives in the game. However, to complete the story you don't really need to buy any of these. And because I did not enjoy the using the small touch-pad on the DS4 for drawing designs, I never bothered to put effort into it. By the end of the game I was reaching almost 10k confetti that I was never ever going to spend making them useless. If there was an element such as a scoreboard or rating system, similar to Kirby's Epic Yarn, another game that doesn't have a serious penalty for dying, then I would attempt to gather more confetti and find the hidden presents.

I also found the controls at times to be frustrating and the camera often lost track of where I am or got stuck. Near the end of the game, one of the chapters focuses on tilting your controls to get through the whole of the stage. Because I was playing the game lying down, it became very awkward to control. Even if I were sitting up, I generally find gyroscope controls to be completely unresponsive. The game does have a unique control scheme, but when L2 and R2 buttons both do the same function, I feel an alternate choice to these finicky motion based methods may have been more suitable.

I also experienced a couple of bugs, firstly with my companion disappearing so I could not progress past a ball that had to be eaten, and later on, an ally fell out of an area they shouldn't have which made me get stuck. Both times I had to restart from checkpoint to fix it as dying did not solve the issue. There was also the issue of characters appearing a few times throughout saying "You should try the companion app". No, no I don't want to. Being asked to download an app or plug in something to enhance your experience is not something games should do; It breaks the immersion.

There were some sections I did enjoy a lot though. The chapter focusing on button presses based puzzles while the enemy builds its own Dualshock 4 controller was extremely fun and a unique experience. The pig riding sections were fun and a nice change of pace; the game as a whole was fast paced with constant location changes. And the NPCs were often humorous.

Bloodborne (PS4)
Bloodborne (PS4)
Offered by Parkway Sales

5.0 out of 5 stars Miyazaki is back, 29 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Bloodborne (PS4) (Video Game)
The gameplay is fast and fairly difficult. The world design is incredible. The soudtrack is killer with stand out titles being The Hunter for me. Plenty of content and did not feel padded out. It was great for From Software and Miyazaki to return back to their high standard after the disappointing Dark Souls 2.

Ballistix Sport XT 8GB Kit (4GBx2) DDR3 1600 MT/s (PC3-12800) UDIMM 240-Pin Memory - BLS2C4G3D169DS3CEU

4.0 out of 5 stars and both work fine. Good RAM, 17 Jan. 2015
First order, one module arrived broken, Amazon sent out a replacement really quickly, and both work fine. Good RAM.

Kirby No.11 amiibo (Nintendo Wii U/3DS)
Kirby No.11 amiibo (Nintendo Wii U/3DS)
Offered by ClicGames UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality Kirby figure., 2 Dec. 2014
I had to walk 10 miles to find one for the RRP but I am very pleased. They hid the mold seam very well along the body. The figure is a good weight, sturdy, well painted and doesn't feel too hollow. It's really cute and it unlocked an outfit on MK8 for me which puts the whole of Kirby on the back of your helmet, so you can look at Kirby for the whole race and your jacket becomes a homage to Kirby Air Ride. It's hilarious. The eyes could look a little bit better when you get really up close to them, but it's nothing worth knocking a star off for a well priced Kirby figure. Not too many Kirby figures are made, sadly, hopefully we begin to see some official Kirby merch with the launch of Rainbow Curse next year.

Mens 100% Cotton Pyjamas PJ Cosy Jersey Summer Striped Crew T-Shirt & Bed Shorts
Offered by Value Heaven

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy and cheap, 15 Oct. 2014
Looks great, I do wish the shorts strap/belt was smaller though.

New! Alpecin Caffeine Shampoo C1 Fights Against Hair Loss & Stimulates Hair Roots 250ml Despatched 1st Class Post As Standard .
Offered by Blukoo

Friends Divide
Friends Divide

4.0 out of 5 stars More good songs, 15 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Friends Divide (MP3 Download)
Great stuff, but I really liked how their old songs never fell into the typical repetition of lyrics based on the song title, which this ep does.

Nioxin Hair System 4 Starter Kit
Nioxin Hair System 4 Starter Kit
Offered by FragrancesCosmeticsPerfumes

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not work, waste of money., 15 Oct. 2014
No change, if anything my hair has worsened. It's a real shame to have such thin hair at a young age and was hoping for a miracle, but I guess not.

Destiny (PS4)
Destiny (PS4)
Offered by DVDGAMING DIRECT

1.0 out of 5 stars The beta pretty much offered everything, 11 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Destiny (PS4) (Video Game)
It's really disappointing. Each level, no matter the planet, all play out the same and the "MMO" components are lackluster. Played it with a friend and even we started getting bored once we reached level 12. Probably won't even finish it.

Shooting feels nice, but the story is just not interesting and the lore is all on Bungie's website or the app. I shouldn't have to use an outside resource to read lore, put it in the damn game.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3