Profile for Radha M > Reviews

Friends: A Love Story
Friends: A Love Story
by Angela Bassett

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Grace, 24 May 2009
This review is from: Friends: A Love Story (Paperback)
I got this book for a friend after seeing the couple on a TV show.They were so in love & so open & honest about marriage, i knew i had to buy it when Mr Vance said, i just think everyday 'how can i serve my wife'. He said if my wife is happy i am happy!
Its written so honestly, it's wonderful
& it will help any couple to love each other more. Courtney Vance
is a young man that has much to teach young men of today.
The message of the book is soooo wonderful,its simply
to have faith in God & when it comes to marriage work hard at
changing yoursef! Its a truly wonderful book, i highly recommend it!

Steering by Starlight: A Step-by-step Guide to Fulfilling Your True Potential: How to Fulfil Your Destiny, No Matter What
by Martha Beck

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what i needed!, 24 May 2009
This is a wonderful book that i do highly recommend. It has helped
me make sense of what has happend in my life over the last three
years. I did not at first buy this book, i got it from my library.
But it helped me so much i had to buy my own copy!

I had seen Martha Beck on the Oprah show & some of the things she said on the show really did resonate with me. Sometimes when i pray for
things they really do happen, & sometimes they dont. I wanted to know why!
Its like when i dont pray so hard i get it, when i pray with all my heart
i sometimes blow it when it comes into my life, or i dont get it. Martha
said she knew why. She said when you pray from your core of peace it happens & when you pray from the shallows its doesnt. I wanted to find out more, because what Martha said on the show i knew from own life experience to be true.
This is a great book that has helped me make sense of what is happening in my life & wonderful things are happening thou they are sometimes not so wonderful to go through. Thank you Martha for having the courage to be so honest about your own life, it gave me courage & hope. I highly recommend this book!....and i still reading it everyday.