Profile for DebzM 'bookbabe' > Reviews

Content by DebzM 'bookbabe'

DebzM 'bookbabe' (Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2
Just What Kind of Mother Are You?
Just What Kind of Mother Are You?

4.0 out of 5 stars Hard to tear myself away, 18 Oct. 2015
This was the second book I'd read by paula daly and I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for her future releases. Shocking, gripping and sad. I only wish it had been a little longer

Vax U91-MA-B Air Multicyclonic Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
Vax U91-MA-B Air Multicyclonic Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner

1.0 out of 5 stars shocking, 21 July 2013
Ordered this hoover for my mum, She had it one month before it started making a terrible noise. She took it apart to see if anything was stuck (like a nail or something) but it seemed fine. Then next time she used it it gave off a burning smell and her lights started flickering. I've e-mailed the seller but have had no reply. I'm furious and would like a response asap!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 28, 2013 3:58 PM BST

Sisters-In-Law
Sisters-In-Law
by Nina Bell
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

4.0 out of 5 stars First time I've read Nina Bell, 2 April 2013
My first book by this author and I have to say I couldn't put it down. Two slightly annoying things: 1-why did Kate constantly refer to her house as 19 Lovelace Road?? "Let's have a party at 19 Lovelace Road" & "I'll cook dinner at 19 Lovelace Road". I didn't particularly like this character, with her "mumma" and her dull personality.
2-Heather, just wanted to reach into the book and slap her, very pathetic character.
Apart from this I liked the other characters, Olivia and the devious Sasha and the storyline was exciting. I'll be reading the rest of Nina Bell's books
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 4, 2013 1:44 PM BST

Nameless
Nameless
by Jessie Keane

1.0 out of 5 stars Last keane book I'll read, 21 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Nameless (Paperback)
This is the third keane book ive read and it will be the last.
I picked it as it had a 5-star rating and after reading it I've no idea why. It was a struggle to start, keep reading and finish (I can't stand discarding a book halfway thru) and one word kept going round my head: boring.
The very easy and dull way Ruby's brother takes over as top dog, the ridiculous affair with cornelius, the predictable rise of the business........I could go on forever. The new martina cole? If I was cole I'd sue for slander

The Doomsday Conspiracy
The Doomsday Conspiracy
by Sidney Sheldon

5.0 out of 5 stars Another cracker, 21 Feb. 2013
As a huge Sheldon fan I totally expected to love this book and I did.
Ive never really had much interest in aliens and UFO's but Sheldon made it exciting and I liked the characters.
Writing about world government leaders being involved in cover-ups and murder and the tactics used in spy missions has netted Sheldon another winner and had me engrossed.

If Tomorrow Comes
If Tomorrow Comes
by Sidney Sheldon

5.0 out of 5 stars A story-telling masterpiece, 21 Feb. 2013
This review is from: If Tomorrow Comes (Paperback)
Im a huge Sidney Sheldon fan and have read this book at least 4 times. Tracy whitneys daring and genius make for very intense and exciting reading. You just can't put this down as you're desperate to know what she will take on next. Please read!

My Husband's Lover
My Husband's Lover
by Erin Kaye

4.0 out of 5 stars My Erin Kaye debut, 21 Feb. 2013
This review is from: My Husband's Lover (Paperback)
I enjoyed the story line (mostly) I liked the lead up to the affair but I honestly couldn't warm to any of the characters. The sub-plots weren't really needed and I would've been happy to just read about bernie and chris. I would love a sequel as we don't really get to find out what happened to certain characters but I have to say ill be reading more of Erin Kayes books

Little Sister
Little Sister
by Lucy Dawson

1.0 out of 5 stars Short-changed!, 3 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Little Sister (Paperback)
I was a huge fan of Dawson's previous books and was really looking forward to reading Little Sister.
I honestly had to go back the book several times as it just wasn't holding my attention. I spent the whole book wondering when something exciting was going to happen, some conclusion.
The book was very depressing and because it was advertised as 'dark' I thought the depressing theme would have something to do with what happened to Anya in the pool..........
Every characters actions and conversations seemed completely pointless and the long long dialogue from childhood is also pointless as it has little to do with the main character and what happened to her.
Extremely disappointing and dead-end ending, was actually wondering if there was pages missing. DO NOT BUY
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 8, 2014 2:38 PM GMT

Nip / Tuck - Season 6 [DVD]
Nip / Tuck - Season 6 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dylan Walsh
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars On and off......, 19 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Nip / Tuck - Season 6 [DVD] (DVD)
Season 6 was not the best, but still had touches of drama, excitement, intrigue and comedy.
Loose ends were tied up concerning Julia, who again has both Sean and Christian wanting her and I was left wondering whether they will ever get over her.
I couldn't imagine Kimber and Christian remaining together but this storyline was dealt with a little too predictably.
I was also a bit irritated that their wedding wasn't shown despite the build up to it.
Matt continues to act like a complete moron and I suppose the writers didn't want to change anything about him.
Previous characters were brought back but you didn't feel that this was just to pointlessly fill some episodes, they fitted well and revealed things you'd thought the writers had forgotten about in past shows.

Sean covers old ground in season 6: being depressed, angry at Julia then pining for her, doubting his partnership (& friendship) with Christian & wanting to achieve more with his talent i.e working in Africa but I think it would have been too obvious for the writers to have gone down that road.

Christian covers old ground too....sleeping around, Julia, and you get to witness his manipulation of Sean when they were in college in flashbacks. This tells you more about them.
My favourite episode was the one where the guys see a relationship therapist, I found it funny and quite sad at the same time. You feel as if the writers are building up towards the break-up of McNamara/Troy.

The ending was still a bit of a shock and you don't find out what lies ahead for most of the characters which was disappointing but the writers wrapped the show up pretty well throughout s6.
6 is probably my least favourite season, probably because I didn't want Nip/Tuck to end and felt the friendship between Christian and Sean disintegrating.
But what saved it was the still-great patients dark & intriguing cases, the humour & the gritty plots. A must for fans who have watched every show.

The Betrayer
The Betrayer
by Kimberley Chambers

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining.....just not her best, 12 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The Betrayer (Paperback)
I am a big fan of KC and I did enjoy this book.....just didn't love it.

I think it is because it reminds me of Martina Cole's The Take, a book I absolutely adored, what with the Tommy/James/Maria storyline, and it comes a poor second as The Take nailed this type of storyline perfectly.

Saying that I liked most of the characters and was gripped til the end. Oh and the old woman.....amusing for 2 minutes then she just became disgusting and vile.

Page: 1 | 2