Profile for C. M. Burgess > Reviews

Content by C. M. Burgess

C. M. Burgess (UK)

Andrew James 12 LTR Premium White Digital Halogen Oven Cooker With Hinged Lid + Easily Replaceable Spare Bulb + 2 YEAR WARRANTY + 128 page Recipe Book - Complete with Extender Ring (Up to 17 Litres), Cake/Rice Dish, Toast Rack, Baking Tray, Steamer Tray, Skewers, High And Low Racks 1400 Watts
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Super product, 1 Feb 2014
Have been using this now for a few weeks.
Do not use the normal oven now because I just use this
Wish I had bought one years ago.
I will be buying the smaller one for the caravan soon

LG 47LA690V 47-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD Cinema 3D Smart LED TV with Cinema Screen/Freeview HD/Built-In Wi-Fi (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars super TV, 15 July 2013
After doing what most people do I read reviews on many TVs. Settled on this LG 47inch. Great TV superb picture. Easy set up. Can see my photos and listen to music from my tablet by sharing with TV. Bought a sound bar LG model and now get a full cinema experience. Very pleased with this and even my wife thinks it's great too which is saying something.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 23, 2013 11:57 PM BST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mixer, 6 Aug 2012
I have had this for about 2 weeks. It arrived very quickly and worked straight out of the box.
I got it mainly for making bread - although the only time I have done this before is with a Breadmaker but did not like the texture that much.
So made my first white loaf and was very pleased with how the mixer performed. Using the dough hooks to make and kneed the dough was very easy. My bread turned out to be excellent. So I have made several more loaves since then and very pleased with all the results. It is just so easy.
My wife even made a cake (which is very unusual - the last time was years ago) and the cake was terrific.

This machine is very study. Well built and feels very good quality. The new beater with the side scaper bit is super too when making cake mixes etc.

Making bread is just as easy using this mixer as making in a breadmaker - and the resutly are much better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great device, 2 Feb 2012
I bought the Acer A100 from a well known shopping channel. I had been looking around for ages and wanted a 10 inch Android tablet and was considering the new Asus Transformer Prime. After reading the reviews about the A100 and especially one which said he was happy with the 7 inch device I decided to purchase this to see how I got on with it.
I have been blown away by the quality of this product. I have had it for 4 days and it has performed faultlessly. The only drawback I can see at the moment is that I cannot seem to get itunes on it but then I knew it was not an Apple device so am not surprised.
Apps from Andriod Market place are fine. The Honeycomb operating system on this device runs with no blips at all. The screen is superb and the build quality of the device is stunning. I showed it to an IT friend who has a iPAD and he was very impressed with the Acer.
All in all I am very pleased I bought it and will not be buying the 10 inch tablet as the 7 inch is perfect.Acer Aspire ICONIA TAB A100 7 inch Tablet (Tegra 250 Dual cortex A9, 1GB RAM, 8GB HDD, Bluetooth, Wireless, Android v3.2 Honeycomb)

HP Pavilion p6-2035uk Desktop PC (Intel Core i3-2120 3.3GHz Processor, RAM 4GB DDR3, Intel HD Graphics, Windows 7 Home Premium 64)

4.0 out of 5 stars First HP for my home, 6 Jan 2012
I bought this HP Desktop to replace my older Dell desktop. I have had several Dells over the years but never had a HP. I bought this direct from the HP website in UK. I ordered it on the Friday before New Year and low and behold it arrived on the Tuesday 3rd December. Great service.
So after getting home from work I told my wife to leave me alone for at least 3 hours while I did the usual job of setting it up. I am defo not a techy guy so this is normally a nightmare for me. I unplugged the monitor, keyboard, mouse, external hard drive. Took out the Dell box and plugged in the HP box using all the same cables. The stood back and switched on. Up it came and within about 2 minutes of of the screen saying it was doing it's first set up it was working. What a surprise. Not to speak too soon I then tried to install my Office 2007 instead of buying the 2010 version trail loaded on the PC. That worked fine too. I always back up my files on and external hard drive. So I plugged this in and this was recognised and all the files could be opened. This all took less than 30 minutes.
So what more can I say. It is faster than my old PC and was very easy to set up. I am well pleased.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 10, 2012 6:43 PM BST

Sony RDR-HXD995 Freeview+ 250GB Hard Disc Drive DVD Recorder (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 8 Dec 2008
I wanted a new Freeview recorder that was both HDD and DVD. I really wanted a twin Freeview but could not find one that was acceptable so decided to go with this after reading the excellent reviews. At least you can record one program while watching on normal analog TV. This arrived within 2 days of ordering and only took 15 minutes from opening box to full set up. Very easy and the instructions for operating the unit were good too. My wife normally has a problem the first few days with new electronic gear but she got to grips with this very easily. The picture quality is excellent and the DVD upscaling is great too.