Profile for TT1 > Reviews

Content by TT1

TT1 "TT1" (South Shields, UK)

Chappaqua Suite
Chappaqua Suite

5.0 out of 5 stars A jazz thing, 16 Mar. 2008
This review is from: Chappaqua Suite (Audio CD)
An unusual album as it was destined as a film soundtrack but then discarded and disowned. But it easily stands out as a stunning example of the new jazz music that flourished in the Coltrane times. Check out early Cecil Taylor - Nefertiti or Unit Structures.

Living The Blues
Living The Blues

5.0 out of 5 stars Indulgence, 16 Mar. 2008
This review is from: Living The Blues (Audio CD)
"A Musician" has to understand that music is product of its times. I bought this in 1969 and I still (occasionally) listen to it now. Yes, CD2 is long but that's what the best bands did then. It was experimental, stretching and although I can appreciate it isn't 2008's cup of tea, it was one of a number of landmark albums out of that era. I thought Henry Vestine's solo was great. Obviously, comparisons with a, say, Mars Volta today are unreasonable. Cut some slack, A Musician!

The Bedlam in Goliath
The Bedlam in Goliath
Offered by Leisurezone

5.0 out of 5 stars The best yet, 16 Mar. 2008
This review is from: The Bedlam in Goliath (Audio CD)
Well, it's interesting to read reviews, even the guy who made the Radiohead and Cream comment. I'm 54 and saw both bands live, as well as Floyd, Softs, Hendrix, Zeppelin, Pistols etc. I stopped going to live gigs as I felt I was getting a bit old. However, as TMV are without doubt the best band I've heard I went to the Glasgow gig, expecting not too much bearing in mind the complex studio album productions.Wrong: they were superb with the same undiluted energetic commitment (and fun)and I'm glad they are here. Sure, buy Goliath. Most people won't, but that's most people for you.