ARRAY(0xb1dad3cc)

Profile for Ann Courtney > Reviews

Content by Ann Courtney

Ann Courtney

Page: 1 | 2
The Boy from Reactor 4 (The Nadia Tesla Series, Book One)
The Boy from Reactor 4 (The Nadia Tesla Series, Book One)
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good read indeed, 15 Oct 2013
It is a totally believable story from start to finish, taking the reader into a world which is both sad and inspiring. I found myself thinking, on more than one occasion, I must research this, I wonder if that is real. There is an "other worldliness" about it too.

Eleven Days: Carrigan and Miller 2
Eleven Days: Carrigan and Miller 2
Price: 4.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 14 July 2013
Carefully crafted, nail biting to the very end, which has a surprising twist. I can't help but wish that there was no fact behind this excellent work of fiction but sadly I fear that there is.

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 - The Missing FAQ - Real Answers to Real Questions Asked by Lightroom Users
by Victoria Bampton
Price: 29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent book., 2 July 2013
All that you need to know about Lightroom5. Clear and concise information which is easy to search for the topic you require.
I guarantee that each time you dip in with a query you will not only solve it but learn something else new too.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 2, 2013 9:03 PM BST

Black Rapid Womans Camera Strap with 5 Year Product Warranty
Black Rapid Womans Camera Strap with 5 Year Product Warranty
Offered by Carmarthen Cameras
Price: 49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Woman's camera strap, 12 Jan 2013
Having purchased a beautiful but very heavy lens I was beginning to regret the 600+ spent as my neck was suffering. The price is high and I dithered for a while whilst reading reviews and recovering from an aching neck each day. I took the plunge, it arrived very quickly and I am DELIGHTED. Some of the best money I have spent in quite a time (apart from the lens!) I don't know where the weight goes but I no longer feel it at all. It was a heart stopping moment the first time I let the camera go but all is well. The design is very good indeed. If you've wondered and hesitated don't, go for it!

Moll
Moll
Price: 1.53

4.0 out of 5 stars Moll, 12 Jan 2013
This review is from: Moll (Kindle Edition)
Totally different to anything I've read before (Normal reading is crime & horror) so it took me a while to get into it. Characters are all very believable though the ending didn't have one of the many twists it could have had. Not sure that it's strong enough to lure me away from my usual genre but a good read non the less.

The Jazz Age
The Jazz Age
Price: 10.88

4.0 out of 5 stars The Jazz Age, 12 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Jazz Age (Audio CD)
It couldn't possibly have been made by anyone other than Bryan Ferry - excellent reworking of his music. My only disappointment is that the tracks are so short but then that in itself is in keeping with the era. They certainly get your feet tapping!

Always On Protective Camera Wrap - Quilted Black - compatible with Panasonic Lumix TZ10,TZ20,TZ18,FS16,FS35, Nikon Coolpix L23,S3100, Fujifilm Finepix AV200, Canon IXUS all models
Offered by Retail Gu Outlet
Price: 5.25

2.0 out of 5 stars Non Compatible., 8 Dec 2012
Short answer, I checked very carefully in the description but when it arrived it didn't fit my camera. Shame as it's a good idea in theory.

The Hermit
The Hermit
Price: 1.91

5.0 out of 5 stars The Hermit, 8 Nov 2012
This review is from: The Hermit (Kindle Edition)
It's one of those books which you never want to end and I certainly read the last few pages with my heart in my mouth
hoping that there wouldn't be a "bad" twist in the story. Totally believable from the start it's a story of hope and mended hearts.

The Knitting Circle
The Knitting Circle
Price: 1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Thoughtful look at losing someone., 12 Oct 2011
Not the sort of reading I normally choose and I have no idea why I did choose it but I'm very glad that I did.
It is a thoughtful description of how people cope, or in some cases, don't cope with the loss of someone precious to them and how
others can reach out to aid the healing process with a simple shared activity (can you call knitting an activity?!)
I may well read it again and that doesn't happen very often!

Detroit Disassembled
Detroit Disassembled
by Andrew Moore
Price: 32.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Detroit Laid Bare, 15 April 2011
This review is from: Detroit Disassembled (Hardcover)
My title says it all - dark, moody and sad photography which shows derelict splendour in its many forms.
The quality of the photographs is superb.

Page: 1 | 2