Profile for MRS L A JONES > Reviews

Gone in 60 Seconds [DVD] [2000]
Dvd ~ Nicolas Cage
Offered by DVD Overstocks

2.0 out of 5 stars Okay, but nothing to write home about, 21 July 2002
Don't get me wrong, this film did keep me moderately entertained for its duration but it certainly didn't spark anything spectacular for me. The storyline is old hat and the performances sometimes feel a bit stiff but the brilliant chase sequences bring the film up a notch.

Blazing Saddles [1974] [DVD]
Blazing Saddles [1974] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Cleavon Little
Offered by WorldCinema

5.0 out of 5 stars One of brooks' finest films, 21 July 2002
This review is from: Blazing Saddles [1974] [DVD] (DVD)
I only watched this film because my best friend is a Mel Brooks fanatic and after seeing 'Men In Tights' previously I didn't have high hopes. To my delight it turned out to be one of the freshest and most engaging comedies I've seen in ages even though it may have been released 28 years ago. Gene Wilder is brilliant as the Waco Kid and Cleavon Little gives a great performance as the 'black sheriff'. I challenge you not to watch this film with a smile on your face from start to finish, purely because of the great performances by all of the cast and the wonderful humour of Brooks.

Lara Croft Tomb Raider -- Special Collector's Edition [DVD] [2001]
Lara Croft Tomb Raider -- Special Collector's Edition [DVD] [2001]
Dvd ~ Angelina Jolie
Offered by rockaway-records

1.0 out of 5 stars Meh, 9 Dec 2001
Why exactly they decided to make a film out of a game that isn't even good is beyond even my knowledge (the almighty dollar methinks). The film does manage to equal the quality of the games to a T, and is therefore awful. Some might just describe it as dumb-fun but seeing as its far beyond 'dumb' and heading towards the neanderthal catagory and fun isn't within eleventy zillion miles of this rubbish, I would have to say that statement just doesn't apply.
Its an all-round hollow experience that leaves you feeling like the makers of the film should pay you for taking 2 hours out of your life to watch this rubbish. Jolie performs to the best of her ability (ahem) and the director executes the action scenes well, but there isn't anything that can save this film from its script alhough to be fair the writer obviously knew how to make money. But in my opinion this film is to be avoided unless of course your a feminist, pervert or someone with a hell of a lot of time on their hands.