Profile for horizon > Reviews

Content by horizon

horizon

The Great Unknown: Houdini's Castle (Full)
The Great Unknown: Houdini's Castle (Full)

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good mystery adventure which will take you sometime to complete!, 3 Jun. 2016
Good mystry adventure backed up with interesting facts about Houdini
Can be a little slow at times to proceed, you have to think and work things out which is good isn't it - still only a short way into the game, but enjoying it. Thanks for letting me play free!

CHROMATIC CLIP ON MINI TUNER WITH 360 DEGREES SWIVEL FOR GUITAR MANDOLIN UKE BASS ETC BY JOYO TECHNOLOGIES - PERFECT FOR LEFT OR RIGHT HANDED INSTRUMENTS
Offered by UK ET

5.0 out of 5 stars Joyo Chromatic Clip on Mini Tuner, 11 May 2015
I bought this for my Mandolin, so it was small enough to fit. I have it sitting on the back side of the headstock permanently, where it works fine each time I need to check or re-tune, which on a mandolin is quite often! Only thing I have noticed is that the swivel attaching the little bracket to the tuner is a bit loose, but still works ok. You will definitely love this little buddy sat there ready for an all acoustic instrument. It's accurate, which is just what you need for checking the twin strings of the mandolin. I have been a guatarist for many years using inline or seperate tunners on guitar before so I can say without dought that the little Joyo tunner is just what you need for those numerous tunning checks and adjustments on a mandolin, being much more than required on a guitar for example. A great little product that works well and is small enough for a mandolin.

Swees® NEW Kindle Touch Lighted Leather Case Cover with Built-in Light for Amazon Kindle Touch - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, 5 Dec. 2012
Excellent value for money, the light arm could be a bit stronger, maybe made of metal, but gives sufficient light to read when necessary. Over all a very good product and I am pleased with it.

Portal 2 (PC/Mac DVD)
Portal 2 (PC/Mac DVD)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure about this game at the moment., 5 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Portal 2 (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I am finding it difficult to understand how to progress in the game, not got very far at all, I must be missing something.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 15, 2016 10:06 PM BST

DARKNESS WALKS: The Shadow People Among Us
DARKNESS WALKS: The Shadow People Among Us

4.0 out of 5 stars DARKNESS WALKS: The Shadow People Among Us, 8 Nov. 2012
A great read offering a number of explanations as to the nature of this phenomenon. It relates alot of first hand accounts from people who have experienced, or are plagued by these scary occurences. Well worth the read, but you are left to make your own mind up as with most of these type of paranormal recounts. I read it mostly when I couldn't sleep at night, it "will put you on edge and give you that uneasy feeling". You will certainly come away with a much better understanding of things which are reported to exist!

De'Longhi F28311 Roto Fry Deep Fryer with Easy Clean System
De'Longhi F28311 Roto Fry Deep Fryer with Easy Clean System
Offered by MV TRADE

5.0 out of 5 stars Get one and become a "High Fryer"!, 23 Aug. 2011
We purchased the De'Longi F28311 Roto Fry from Amazon on 21st July 2011 and haven't been to a chip shop since.
With just over one litre of vegitable oil you can fry 1Kg of chips, this was enough for two big portions for me and the wife and a smaller one for the mothering law who lives a couple of doors away. What was amazing was that the chips did not come out at all greasy, but were crisp and tasted great'. We held off getting one because we heard stories that chips done in a deep fat fryer came out soft and greasy. Not the case with the De'Longhi F28311. This we discovered was down to the chips being immersed when the oil is at just the right temperature and also the dipping and draining action of the rotating basket.
Once you decide on the best potatoes for you (we have settled on Maris Piper) and tweeked the cook time a minute or two for your own browning preference, you end up with fantastic tasting non-greasy chips; If you've ever had that stoggy feeling after eating a good portion of chips you will know what I mean when I say that you don't feel at all guilty!
You do need to seperate them a bit once you come to plate them up from the cooking basket, but it's no hassle. Once done, wait for the oil to cool then drain back into original bottles for next time, I can't understand why none of the oil seems to have been used, because the same amount appears to go back into the bottles! We have used the same oil for about eight cooking sessions and the oil still looks clean, but we have only used it to cook chips so far. Cleaning is easy, I wipe out any remaining oil with tissue, flush it through with a couple of jugs of soapy water, dry and put it away for next time.

To summerise, we got a great deal on price from Amazon on this one and would recommend this model for it's performance and ease of use. Get one and become a "High Fryer"!