Profile for Asabrush Velvetear > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Splinter
Splinter

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Thriller., 11 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Splinter (Kindle Edition)
This is a great story, you are never quite sure what is happening or why but all becomes clear later on. I was slightly disappointed with the ending, which is why I gave four stars but still a great read.

Therapy
Therapy

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Book!, 11 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Therapy (Kindle Edition)
This is such a well written thriller, you never know where the author is going, it keeps you guessing right to the last minute.

Paper Doll Dress-Up: Fashion Through the Ages
Paper Doll Dress-Up: Fashion Through the Ages
by Georgie Fearns

5.0 out of 5 stars Dress Up Paper Dolls, 11 Feb. 2014
Two dolls and loads of dresses from throughout history, great fun to cut out and play with. I would recommend.

Henry the Eighth and His Wives Paper Dolls (Dover Royal Paper Dolls)
Henry the Eighth and His Wives Paper Dolls (Dover Royal Paper Dolls)
by Tom Tierney

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Historical Dress Up Doll Book, 11 Feb. 2014
Great dress up paper doll book featuring all of Henry VIII's six wives and the king himself, with historical notes.

Victorian Fashion Paper Dolls from Harper's Bazar, 1867-1898 (Dover Victorian Paper Dolls)
by Theodore Menten

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely paper doll book, 11 Feb. 2014
I can remember having this book as a child and it is just as I remember it. Beautiful Victorian dresses.

Unconditional
Unconditional

4.0 out of 5 stars A story of Donkeys and of Love, 11 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Unconditional (Kindle Edition)
A story of a woman who goes to a small village inFrance to look after two donkeys after losing the man she loves. This is a well written story of love; unconditional love, unrequited love and the love of animals. It's also a story of letting go and finding yourself. Nice read.

Perfume: The Story of a Murderer
Perfume: The Story of a Murderer
by Patrick Süskind

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Unpleasant, 12 Mar. 2012
I'm sure I am in the minority here as most people seem to love this book but I really hated it. There aren't many books I get rid off but I couldn't bear to have it in the house any longer.

The main character was just creepy and seriously unpleasant and the story line was nasty.

I read it through to the end because I don't like to leave any book unfisihed but I wish I hadn't as the last chapters were totally dreadful, horrid and really made me feel bad.

I really couldn't recommend it to anyone, it just isn't nice in any way.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 31, 2013 9:17 PM BST

Before I Go To Sleep
Before I Go To Sleep
by S J Watson

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 12 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Before I Go To Sleep (Paperback)
I have just finished this book, I read it in 3 days as I just couldn't put it down. I was hooked from the first page!

As the story progresses it becomes obvious that something is wrong but when I realised what it was I actually had a shiver down my spine - honestly!

I cannot rave enough about this book, I a going to recommend it to everyone I know.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 13, 2012 4:26 PM GMT

Footprints in the Sand
Footprints in the Sand
by Sarah Challis

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Adventure, 1 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Footprints in the Sand (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this book, it tells the story of two cousins who visit Mali to scatter their great aunt's ashes in a remote and unheard of place. They have many adventures on the way and learn a lot about themsleves in the process.

It is a wonderful tale and I would recommend it highly.

The Thirteenth Tale
The Thirteenth Tale
by Diane Setterfield

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Book!, 1 Sept. 2011
This review is from: The Thirteenth Tale (Paperback)
I have just finished reading "The Thirteenth Tale" and I have to say it was very good.

So many twists in the plot and although I did figure out one of the main surpises I still didn't expect some of the others.

Well worth reading, I couldn't put it down and as it says in the book, it certainly is one of those stories where the characters stay with you long after you have finished reading.

Page: 1 | 2